b--_--d

Jan 24, 2019
Good Lord Scarlett really gave birth to two great and grippy offsprings.

I just hope they aren't a product of us swinging our D around in the 90s.

performant

Aug 21, 2022
This is my first play through and I just met Alyssa's mom for the first time, who I somehow instantly managed to recognize as Scarlett. Thing is, she also looked all too familiar in another way as well.
Is it just me or this older version of Scarlett shares the same eyes with Felicia in Pale Carnations? - who IMHO is the hottest chick in PC if you ask me, though they're rendered in quite different ways and all.

I just figured it's a fun fact, hehe.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

At any rate, I hope to see tons of Scarlett content in Ripples!

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
This is my first play through and I just met Alyssa's mom for the first time, who I somehow instantly managed to recognize as Scarlett. Thing is, she also looked all too familiar in another way as well.
Is it just me or this older version of Scarlett shares the same eyes with Felicia in Pale Carnations? - who IMHO is the hottest chick in PC if you ask me, though they're rendered in quite different ways and all.

I just figured it's a fun fact, hehe.

At any rate, I hope to see tons of Scarlett content in Ripples!
Eye shape looks the same, color and lashes are different, though. Now, I know basically nothing about building models in Honey Select, but it just might be that there is a limited number of options to choose from for any particular feature. I imagine you'll see that eye shape show up in a lot of HS games.

PS - Scarlett is my fav too.

performant

Aug 21, 2022
Eye shape looks the same, color and lashes are different, though.
I agree. Plus, the way they slightly look up at you with a faint smile on their lips, the way they often tilt their heads, the way they slightly squint at times and all give me the impression that they're the same person wearing different makeup or maybe sisters except, ofc, their body shapes and hair.
I just found the resemblance uncanny.

Last edited:

Retikter

Feb 11, 2020
This looks promising. Does anyone know how long it takes to finish from start to end of the current update?

sf_dom

Jun 11, 2018
So I'm asking for a bit of advice in the form of a poll: Party emoji if you agree, forehead slap if you disagree ...

Should I add people who only post "There hasn't been an update in a while ..."-type posts to my auto-ignore policy? (Currently only obvious trolls get the no-look axe.)

EDIT: The count is currently 4.5/2 in favor (docked one "yes" half-a-point for not following the rules). Also, I implemented this before anyone voted anyway.
It would help if development updates weren't primarily in Patreon and locked to supporters only. If you have an ongoing project, it's less likely to net you new subscribers if you hide your progress. Want to leave teasers and such for subscribers only? Sure! But let everyone else know that you're still alive and work is proceeding steadily. That's the information that you want to be disseminated widely.

The same goes for "join my Discord". Having to join, then leave a Discord server is annoying enough, but most people don't want to wade through endless discussion by superfans to find out that the current estimate for release is X. Nor do the fans there want to deal with people constantly popping by to ask the same damn tihng.

It's the same principle as FAQs. They formed on Usenet because people were sick and tired of endlessly answering the same basic questions over and over again. Take your most common, likely questions and put the answers right up front in a highly visible place.

KanyeT

Mar 15, 2020
It would help if development updates weren't primarily in Patreon and locked to supporters only. If you have an ongoing project, it's less likely to net you new subscribers if you hide your progress. Want to leave teasers and such for subscribers only? Sure! But let everyone else know that you're still alive and work is proceeding steadily. That's the information that you want to be disseminated widely.

The same goes for "join my Discord". Having to join, then leave a Discord server is annoying enough, but most people don't want to wade through endless discussion by superfans to find out that the current estimate for release is X. Nor do the fans there want to deal with people constantly popping by to ask the same damn tihng.

It's the same principle as FAQs. They formed on Usenet because people were sick and tired of endlessly answering the same basic questions over and over again. Take your most common, likely questions and put the answers right up front in a highly visible place.
I honestly don't know why there isn't a "Next Update Estimate" header in the main OP post so anyone joining the thread can quickly look at page 1 and see for themselves. There is a "Thread Updated" and "Release Date" so people can see when it was last updated, but not when it will be next updated. Not just for this game, but for everything on F95.

Instead, we are left to search page after page for the most recent post, assuming that some kind Patron is willing to share it for us.

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
I honestly don't know why there isn't a "Next Update Estimate" header in the main OP post so anyone joining the thread can quickly look at page 1 and see for themselves. There is a "Thread Updated" and "Release Date" so people can see when it was last updated, but not when it will be next updated. Not just for this game, but for everything on F95.

Instead, we are left to search page after page for the most recent post, assuming that some kind Patron is willing to share it for us.
If they did that, can you imagine how many more whiney comments there will be on here when devs miss their target delivery date? People would be complaining when they miss, complaining when the OP doesn't update with the new information, then when the dev misses their new estimate, it starts all over again. I don't think it's worth it, and I'm not even a moderator.

4.80 star(s) 299 Votes