PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
The last update I remember showed 77% complete as of early Jan 2023.

Updates seem to be 15 - 20%/month but I have no way of knowing what the last 23% entails - does it include testing and Beta with trusted suppporters or is it animation heavy so the pace will slow?

If progression is simply a straight line estimate, then it looks like a Feb release but I've seen no date estimate yet.

We will definitely get more of the story with the next release since the Episode 1 remake is complete now.

sageproduct

Mar 16, 2021
I honestly don't know why there isn't a "Next Update Estimate" header in the main OP post so anyone joining the thread can quickly look at page 1 and see for themselves. There is a "Thread Updated" and "Release Date" so people can see when it was last updated, but not when it will be next updated. Not just for this game, but for everything on F95.

Instead, we are left to search page after page for the most recent post, assuming that some kind Patron is willing to share it for us.
Who's going to keep that updated, you?

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
The last update I remember showed 77% complete as of early Jan 2023.

Updates seem to be 15 - 20%/month but I have no way of knowing what the last 23% entails - does it include testing and Beta with trusted suppporters or is it animation heavy so the pace will slow?

If progression is simply a straight line estimate, then it looks like a Feb release but I've seen no date estimate yet.

We will definitely get more of the story with the next release since the Episode 1 remake is complete now.
Not sure about this guy's process. In another game I follow, they sketch out the story line, get the script outlined and then do the majority of the renders (this particular game is about two releases ahead on renders), with the initial scripting done and sent for proofing, then the programming and testing. I would suspect than much of the last quarter of the work on a game like this is going to be the "making sure it all works and catching the typos" (though they rarely get them all).

Of course, this guy may not do it that way and that number represents a lot of rendering left to do as well as all the testing and proofing.

KanyeT

Mar 15, 2020
If they did that, can you imagine how many more whiney comments there will be on here when devs miss their target delivery date? People would be complaining when they miss, complaining when the OP doesn't update with the new information, then when the dev misses their new estimate, it starts all over again. I don't think it's worth it, and I'm not even a moderator.
We already have that. The kind of people who are invested enough to check the forum on the particular date an update is meant to be released and complain about it would also be the kind of person who doesn't need the release date fed to them in the OP, they would seek it out on their own.

This is for people who are not invested, who would visit the forum once in a blue moon and who are just checking in to see how things are progressing. It's either feed it to them directly or have them post generic "update when?" messages in the hopes that someone kindly responds to them because it isn't worth it for them to scour through the last 35 pages to find it themselves.

Who's going to keep that updated, you?
Whoever currently keeps the OP post updated with changelogs and versions and the necessary documentation, walkthroughs, sigs, mods, etc.

You would imagine it would have to be a Patron who has access to the recent updates.

TheRegvlator

Apr 16, 2022
I'm fairly new here, but what I've been doing to keep tab on the updates for the projects I'm following is simply joining the Discord (if there is one) and checking it daily just to see if any info has been shared. No need to search here through multiple posts or ask for anything and risks sounding like I'm demanding something (idk, ppl on the internet can be on edge and lean on too much on even the most basic of questions). So yeah, not in a rush for a new update, but this is one I'll be constantly checking for sure.

Reactions: bvitq and Cruiser80

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
Another in a long line of games where the dev decided to start remastering everything from the beginning for no apparent reason.
My theory, in this case at least, is that the perfectionist characteristic is the cause. It's a double-edged sword, perfectionism. It drives people like Jestur to make great things, but probably also leaves them doubting the quality of the great things they've made.
I'd rather have a great game that took longer than it could have than have the other 99.5% of games on this site.

4.80 star(s) 294 Votes