Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
A leech? Funny, I'm not the one who's glommed onto the dev's ass.
I didn't even say that much, just that I don't get why devs focus so much on remaking stuff that's already good.
Are you paying for the game? You're a leech; ergo, you have no opinion that matters on the subject of how the Dev fiddles with his game. This is my response to every leech on every game I follow. If you want an opinion that matters, pay; otherwise, move along and keep it to yourself.

I'll be ignoring you now. Adios.

EDIT: I must say, it is ABSOLUTELY DEVASTATING to get facepalmed by an account with zero commentary since being created in May of 2022 and another from 2017 with only seven messages posted! And Adios Acando! I'm guessing nearly all of your reacts are facepalms, too! And now 1 message since 2017 malveus? This is getting awesome! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

And we now add [HOLLOW], a 2017 account still in "newbie" status, to the wall of shame!
And the wall of shame continues with two more "newbie" accounts - one from 2017 and the other from 2018, tragicbronson and Pillepalle. Thank you for upping my "react" stats!

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
He only remade the first chapter and bits of the second chapter (I'm pretty sure the stuff in the second chapter was to avoid drug-related issues in future public (i.e. Steam) releases) His public reason is that he feels he's improved to the point where the first chapter just doesn't match the rest of the AVN, and now was the time to address the issue, before he got too far down the road to efficiently do so. Also, he took the opportunity to upgrade to the new version of Ren'py, which is proving to be not really compatible with older versions (at least poorly so).

My guess is he really wanted to make the fix now BEFORE EVERYONE STARTED COMPLAINING about how bad the game looks in the early parts compared to the later parts (check out the Artemis forum for an example).

EJW

Jul 13, 2018
Another in a long line of games where the dev decided to start remastering everything from the beginning for no apparent reason.
He changed the code also so it would be easier for him to continue updating the game. He said if he did not there would be problems down the line.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Steam will not be possible, however, if I remember correctly and HS2 is being used.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Which could have all kinds of causes: From Patreon to that Jestur could no longer reconcile marijuana with the vision he has for the characters in question.

HS1 and 2 have the problem that they are based on another game and will never be released on Steam for copyright reasons. In general, Japanese companies are quite "bloodthirsty" in that regard, one only has to look at what Nintendo is doing when they release the dogs of war.

rippertipper

Sep 22, 2022
Are you paying for the game? You're a leech; ergo, you have no opinion that matters on the subject of how the Dev fiddles with his game. This is my response to every leech on every game I follow. If you want an opinion that matters, pay; otherwise, move along and keep it to yourself.

I agree that it is great that you can try this game before you decide if you want to pay any money to help develop the project. However, I don't think that if one doesn't donate to a project or pay for a product excludes them from being able to have a valid opinion on the subject- on principle if nothing else. For instance, broadcast television and radio are free media that have existed for generations, but I wouldn't put them above critique.

That being said, Jestur has stated multiple times that he was only remastering the beginning and he has explained why so it is quite annoying to see the same questions and comments posted over and over regarding the subject. :rolleyes:

Aug 15, 2021

I disagree so much with this comment. This is a forum for pirated games and people are going to post opinions on the games they may have pirated.

If you have a problem with the forum rules take it up with the moderators. But please not try to police threads yourself and tell people what they can/cannot post. If you think a post violates thread rules report it to the mods. I think discussion should always be encouraged unless it is excessively rude.

Last edited:

NoxLaw

Nov 11, 2020

Complaining about people pirating games while being an active member on a forum for pirated games...
mind-blown.gif

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I agree that it is great that you can try this game before you decide if you want to pay any money to help develop the project. However, I don't think that if one doesn't donate to a project or pay for a product excludes them from being able to have a valid opinion on the subject- on principle if nothing else. For instance, broadcast television and radio are free media that have existed for generations, but I wouldn't put them above critique.

That being said, Jestur has stated multiple times that he was only remastering the beginning and he has explained why so it is quite annoying to see the same questions and comments posted over and over regarding the subject. :rolleyes:
A constructive critique is one thing - that guy is just a putz that thinks his opinion has value when, in fact, it has none.

Coaxmetal

Nov 29, 2019
A short delay for the next update. From Patreon:
Jestur said:
I know I just put out a dev update a few days ago, but I have bad news that needs to be addressed. I just got scheduled for another sinus surgery on the 13th of Feb(for chronic sinusitis of the right maxillary sinus). I knew this might be coming, but I wasn't sure. They called me today and scheduled it. The sad news is I won't be able to finish the new update and the testing and all that in less than two weeks. So the update will be delayed a little bit. The doctor said they are not going to do the whole septoplasty or whatever they did with sawing the bone down or whatever this time. So recovery time will be faster, he said. I don't know how much of a delay this will be but hopefully not be that long. It's a shame I can't finish before the surgery. I don't want to rush the last part and be unhappy with it.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Ok, for a damn long time I've splept on this game. For some reason, the begining of the game didn't give me great vibes, Darci felt way too straight forward to me for just a "friend", and at the same time she had cousin vibes, I dunno. The dialogues sometimes also felt a bit corny, but were improving the more I played. I guess sometimes introductions aren't easy to do. Was for quite long time to try again due feedback but for no reason I got lazy to try it again.

Anyway, I finally gave the game another chance and the "theme" of the game finally had me hooked. Definitely wasn't expecting it, and the introduction of the thriller was very well introduced, I really felt the involvement in the game as a player. I have no idea why, but the powerplant tunnel vibe along with going into the past made me remember of Fallout for some reason.

Anyway, just starting the episode 2 at the moment, but now I know why Caribdis gave a shoutout for this on Oailt. It has a decent balance of comedy, thriller, and character growth so far. Also, the MC doesn't act like a douche, and all the girls in general are likeable (Maybe except Darci at the begining but she started to grow on me). Definitely a fun game so far, and worthy of patronage if the quality keeps up on the next episodes.

Last edited:

Jestur

Nipples Dev
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 10, 2018
Just started and looks fun so far, Darci is great but it seems like another game with jester-male-friend-cannotGetLaid this time named Brad... Please tell me it is not and he will not be goofy all the time...
No worries. Cutting pizza out of his diet isn't the only thing he's been working on. Brad has a breakthrough performance in ep5. :BootyTime:

Impurity2937

Dec 31, 2022
Doesn't want friend friend to be goofy boy, author says he wont be, yet still not sure? :WaitWhat:Am I missing something here lol
Sounds more like kinda sarcasm and that what I saw so far was just a foretaste, will see I guess.

Before Ripples I played Freshwomen and oh god. I knew that was shitty game with poor written characters but playing now Ripples shows me that I was still too gentle reviewing that... I'm not a big fan of this kind of graphics/renders tho, yet still it is nice to see something different what still looks good. Just ended EP1 and wow, what a great piece of game. Looking forward for next episodes and updates.

4.80 star(s) 294 Votes