NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Mortal Kombat 11 is gone from the screenshots? I love the game but I have to admit I'm usually not a fan of Honey select graphics games and the only reason I decided to give this a try in the first place is because of that screenshot.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Huh. Waiiiit.

I'm replaying the game now (skipping most of the text) I swear, I used to be able to have sex with Skylar in the outdoors, but now, it's just rubbing.

Has that scene changed, or did I screw up a choice??

Bugger, I might need to redownload the walkthrough...
When you saw that scene, it was in the original version of Episode 1. It was there to give players some sexual content early in the game, so they would come back.

When the developer decided to remaster Episode 1, it wasn't just to improve the graphics. Among other things, some of the scenes were altered too. Among those was the one you mentioned. Probably the thinking was that now that there is already a lot of sex in all the episodes released, so that players could get their jollies off by just playing a little further, lightening Skyler's scene would make her seem like less of a slut, ready to jump the MC's bones without any buildup.

There were a couple of other instances where this occurred as a result of the remaster.

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
When you saw that scene, it was in the original version of Episode 1. It was there to give players some sexual content early in the game, so they would come back.

When the developer decided to remaster Episode 1, it wasn't just to improve the graphics. Among other things, some of the scenes were altered too. Among those was the one you mentioned. Probably the thinking was that now that there is already a lot of sex in all the episodes released, so that players could get their jollies off by just playing a little further, lightening Skyler's scene would make her seem like less of a slut, ready to jump the MC's bones without any buildup.

There were a couple of other instances where this occurred as a result of the remaster.
Do you remember what are the other instances where it occurred?

itfod

Apr 16, 2021

Goddamn it, that was legitimately one of my favourite scenes. Skylar reminds me a lot of a particular JAV star, and I heavily appreciated that scene, sigh.

ah well. Thanks for the update. Sad, but I understand it.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021

I might have seen that scene when I first discovered this game on PH. I wonder if the remnants of it are still there if I do an Unren.. :unsure:

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
If I recall correctly, some of the Jenny scenes were tamer in the remaster. Probably one or two others as well. All to make relationships with some of the principal LIs more of a slow-burn. While I miss those early scenes, I am completely in favor of making the females in question a little harder to get.

But, I AM relying strictly off memory. I didn't make notes of those changes, and don't have the original downloads anymore to compare.

Reactions: NukaCola

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
After reviewing the notes that I do have, there was a later scene with Skylar, when he goes for a car ride with her, and a scene with Daphne and Krystal [it's seems to me the ice-cream scene was raunchier before] that may have been tamed... or not. But that's as good as I've got. :)

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Goddamn it, that was legitimately one of my favourite scenes. Skylar reminds me a lot of a particular JAV star, and I heavily appreciated that scene, sigh.

ah well. Thanks for the update. Sad, but I understand it.
If I recall correctly, some of the Jenny scenes were tamer in the remaster. Probably one or two others as well. All to make relationships with some of the principal LIs more of a slow-burn. While I miss those early scenes, I am completely in favor of making the females in question a little harder to get.

But, I AM relying strictly off memory. I didn't make notes of those changes, and don't have the original downloads anymore to compare.
Here's a link to a content creator on PH that recorded early Ripples plays - the old versions might be there.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
After reviewing the notes that I do have, there was a later scene with Skylar, when he goes for a car ride with her, and a scene with Daphne and Krystal [it's seems to me the ice-cream scene was raunchier before] that may have been tamed... or not. But that's as good as I've got. :)
Damm. The ice-cream scene was my favorite part of the game. That scene is not even that explicit to begin with. Feel more like a censored remake than a remastered.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Damm. The ice-cream scene was my favorite part of the game. That scene is not even that explicit to begin with. Feel more like a censored remake than a remastered.
I don't remember the ice cream scene being changed at all (it's past the point of what's encompassed by the remodel I think) but besides Skyler the other biggest retcon I remember is Krystal's first encounters ... originally she's not wearing panties when she flashes you and she gives you a blowjob in the bathroom. Now it's just the flash with panties and rubbing up on you before inviting you home for the evening ... and THAT scene is (IMHO) better and hotter than the original, and holds back nothing.

EDIT: Oh, and I think practice with Darci is a bit tamer ...

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
I don't remember the ice cream scene being changed at all (it's past the point of what's encompassed by the remodel I think) but besides Skyler the other biggest retcon I remember is Krystal's first encounters ... originally she's not wearing panties when she flashes you and she gives you a blowjob in the bathroom. Now it's just the flash with panties and rubbing up on you before inviting you home for the evening ... and THAT scene is (IMHO) better and hotter than the original, and holds back nothing.

EDIT: Oh, and I think practice with Darci is a bit tamer ...
I haven't played the new version yet but I happen to have all the screenshots of the ice cream scene from the old version since its my fav scene. Can you take a looks and see if there is anything change?

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I haven't played the new version yet but I happen to have all the screenshots of the ice cream scene from the old version since its my fav scene. Can you take a looks and see if there is anything change?
Yea, that wasn't touched. Scenes like this are why he felt he needed to fix the quality of the graphics in the first chapter ... the rest of the changes I guess came with the desire to tell a better overall story maybe?

Reactions: NukaCola

Wolfbeckett

Jul 25, 2020
It appears to me the MC will end up being the father of at least some of the girls, which some people may have issue with, but I'm actually fine with it and in some cases I would possibly prefer it. I'm not sure about the MC being his own father though, it could make sense but I'm not sold on it yet.
Here's the problem with that. The timeline up to this point in the game doesn't add up. Game is currently set in 2019 with the MC jumping back 20 years to 1999. According to the Mystery Man, the machine only goes back in time 20 years. Most of the girls MC is banging in Current Time are 18. So, unless we have a significant time skip that takes Current Time to 2021 so MC can go back to 2001, the numbers don't add up.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Here's the problem with that. The timeline up to this point in the game doesn't add up. Game is currently set in 2019 with the MC jumping back 20 years to 1999. According to the Mystery Man, the machine only goes back in time 20 years. Most of the girls MC is banging in Current Time are 18. So, unless we have a significant time skip that takes Current Time to 2021 so MC can go back to 2001, the numbers don't add up.
That said, I don't subscribe to the MC is his own dad theory, but I do buy into the fact that Jackie is Jenny, and that her daughter IS her daughter, meaning somehow she/they were able to get her a week after the accident and bring her to whenever they ended up and chose to stay, meaning they've had another device all this time, which is probably how Mystery Man has been moving around anyway.
As for the girls not being old enough, that's a touchy one, something that I suppose is definitely a question mark but still might be able to be fudged by some time paradox ... or it could just be "fixed" by the MC showing up a year after his first appearances. But there is ONE that's the perfect age ... and may actually be the reason for a particular change (since that can't be fixed by not using the patch ...)

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
So if you didn't play the last update because (no offence) but stuff remakes, do you still need a new save.

lolz008

Dec 13, 2019
I love the game, but the animations run like crap on what should be a very well within spec laptop (Gigabyte Aorus X7Y7, i7-7820hk, GTX 1080, 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz of RAM). I'm getting 250+ ms max frame times according to renpy (but a constant 30 fps), so the animations looks like a slideshow. The game uses practically no RAM on my system (500-600 MB), doesn't even raise my GPU above idle usage and clock speeds, but MAXES out the CPU. I know that 7th gen is not the best, but a quad core i7 should be more than capable of doing some simple decompression.

What gives?

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
So if you didn't play the last update because (no offence) but stuff remakes, do you still need a new save.
Not that I quite understand your complaint, but everything before the 4.5 update is unfortunately invalid. Jestur upgraded to Renpy 8 along with making all the chapter one changes, so 4.0 and before are not compatible going forward. If you want to play the game as it is now, and didn't play 4.5/4.6, you have to start from scratch.

Reactions: Havik79

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I love the game, but the animations run like crap on what should be a very well within spec laptop (Gigabyte Aorus X7Y7, i7-7820hk, GTX 1080, 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz of RAM). I'm getting 250+ ms max frame times according to renpy (but a constant 30 fps), so the animations looks like a slideshow. The game uses practically no RAM on my system (500-600 MB), doesn't even raise my GPU above idle usage and clock speeds, but MAXES out the CPU. I know that 7th gen is not the best, but a quad core i7 should be more than capable of doing some simple decompression.

What gives?
All I know is people have said something in the Renpy 8 code is causing the issue.

lolz008

Dec 13, 2019

What gives?
The videos seem to use a lot of CPU on decode/playback. Free up more CPU by closing your browser in particular plus anything else that's eating up cycles. Of course if your CPU is shitty enough, like mine, that won't be enough.

You can try a custom built ffmpeg MMX enabled Ren'Py lib/ for either Linux or Windows. Caveat is I built it without any of the SDKs. It did have a seg fault with Jessica's poke video (worked 2nd time), but it seemed fine otherwise. I did not replay the entire game with it. YYMV.

Linux users need to rename Ripples-0.4.5-pc/lib/py3-linux-x86_64/renpy to Ripples-0.4.5-pc/lib/py3-linux-x86_64/Ripples.
Windows users do nothing :WaitWhat: or possibly rename & move Ripples-0.4.5-pc/lib/py3-windows-x86_64/renpy.exe to Ripples-0.4.5-pc/Ripples.exe.
Custom lib - MMX enabled, but no SDKs [Linux/Win]

Download (28 meg)

Otherwise, you can transcode the videos to 30 FPS - VP8 - lower bitrate *.webms (also convert the 10-bit color videos) or . I may have been chasing some double animations so the quality level & bitrate could likely be a bit higher (depending on CPU).

30 FPS - reduced bitrate animations

Download (756 meg)

SHA256:
66a7f238dba4a7788be937304d3d994b24f4c995ebea9bd228ee0caf4d8dbac8 30fps_low-br.zip
86ce883a6c9ee7c3e84a27c414d0fbe7e142e88ccf2482a9dedfd54fffc82149 renpy-8.0.3-noSDKs-mmx.zip
Holy hell downloading that first file in that quote and replacing the game's lib made the Darci animation at the beginning of Ch. 5 go from a slideshow to an actual animation. I hope anyone else who has problems with this goes and looks at this person's solution!

4.80 star(s) 296 Votes