lolz008

Dec 13, 2019
I have the same problem with the videos and animations. Version 0.4.1 before the remaster was fine but the versions after the remaster have insane lag, especially the panning shots. For me this is also the only game were this happens, while other games can have more refined and better models they almost don't lag at all. Even if they lag a little it stops after 1 rotation of the animation. Using my laptop or gaming pc also makes not difference.
Animations use a lot of CPU. RenPy is generally an inefficient engine, from what I can see. A static single image render with text overlay is using about 20% on a Mac M2. I don't know much about displaying graphics, but this seems a lot for something that isn't changing. Animations run it up to between 140 and 200%, with the extremes being hit briefly, but usually settle on about 175% after a couple of seconds and stay around there.

I hope that if the only solution for people with lower-powered machines (I was until recently one of you) is to reduce the video quality, that there is still a high quality version for those whose machines can handle it. A lot of games have lower quality animations and it shows. The higher quality here is appreciated. Even if it does increase the game size and cpu requirements.
The videos seem to use a lot of CPU on decode/playback. Free up more CPU by closing your browser in particular plus anything else that's eating up cycles. Of course if your CPU is shitty enough, like mine, that won't be enough.

You can try a custom built ffmpeg MMX enabled Ren'Py lib/ for either Linux or Windows. Caveat is I built it without any of the SDKs. It did have a seg fault with Jessica's poke video (worked 2nd time), but it seemed fine otherwise. I did not replay the entire game with it. YYMV.

Linux users need to rename Ripples-0.4.5-pc/lib/py3-linux-x86_64/renpy to Ripples-0.4.5-pc/lib/py3-linux-x86_64/Ripples.
Windows users do nothing :WaitWhat: or possibly rename & move Ripples-0.4.5-pc/lib/py3-windows-x86_64/renpy.exe to Ripples-0.4.5-pc/Ripples.exe.
Custom lib - MMX enabled, but no SDKs [Linux/Win]

Download (28 meg)

Otherwise, you can transcode the videos to 30 FPS - VP8 - lower bitrate *.webms (also convert the 10-bit color videos) or . I may have been chasing some double animations so the quality level & bitrate could likely be a bit higher (depending on CPU).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

30 FPS - reduced bitrate animations

Download (756 meg)

SHA256:
66a7f238dba4a7788be937304d3d994b24f4c995ebea9bd228ee0caf4d8dbac8 30fps_low-br.zip
86ce883a6c9ee7c3e84a27c414d0fbe7e142e88ccf2482a9dedfd54fffc82149 renpy-8.0.3-noSDKs-mmx.zip
Holy hell downloading that first file in that quote and replacing the game's lib made the Darci animation at the beginning of Ch. 5 go from a slideshow to an actual animation. I hope anyone else who has problems with this goes and looks at this person's solution!
Seriously, try the fix I mentioned. It fixed my game instantly. It might even be worth linking to that comment on the front page as a "just in case you have problems try this".

M. Giganteus

Apr 11, 2023
The videos seem to use a lot of CPU on decode/playback. Free up more CPU by closing your browser in particular plus anything else that's eating up cycles. Of course if your CPU is shitty enough, like mine, that won't be enough.

You can try a custom built ffmpeg MMX enabled Ren'Py lib/ for either Linux or Windows. Caveat is I built it without any of the SDKs. It did have a seg fault with Jessica's poke video (worked 2nd time), but it seemed fine otherwise. I did not replay the entire game with it. YYMV.

Linux users need to rename Ripples-0.4.5-pc/lib/py3-linux-x86_64/renpy to Ripples-0.4.5-pc/lib/py3-linux-x86_64/Ripples.
Windows users do nothing :WaitWhat: or possibly rename & move Ripples-0.4.5-pc/lib/py3-windows-x86_64/renpy.exe to Ripples-0.4.5-pc/Ripples.exe.
Custom lib - MMX enabled, but no SDKs [Linux/Win]

Download (28 meg)

Otherwise, you can transcode the videos to 30 FPS - VP8 - lower bitrate *.webms (also convert the 10-bit color videos) or . I may have been chasing some double animations so the quality level & bitrate could likely be a bit higher (depending on CPU).

30 FPS - reduced bitrate animations

Download (756 meg)

SHA256:
66a7f238dba4a7788be937304d3d994b24f4c995ebea9bd228ee0caf4d8dbac8 30fps_low-br.zip
86ce883a6c9ee7c3e84a27c414d0fbe7e142e88ccf2482a9dedfd54fffc82149 renpy-8.0.3-noSDKs-mmx.zip
Seriously, try the fix I mentioned. It fixed my game instantly. It might even be worth linking to that comment on the front page as a "just in case you have problems try this".
Thank you guys, that first link worked and all animations are now smooth. ;p

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
I appreciate this, but it's not necessary for me. My CPU is more than capable. I was only commenting on RenPy seeming to be generally bad at performing what is, ironically, one of its primary purposes – delivering visual content, whether video or static images.

RenPy is still my preferred platform on which to play, in large part because I use a Mac and if a Mac version of a game isn't available I can build one myself using the SDK. And because it's easy to enable the dev console when needed.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
My replay has reached the first Riley scene and … I don't know exactly how I feel about her this time. I played the scene because I'm a sucker for a willing submissive, and my MC is at this point overwhelmed by all the weirdness of time travel and abundant girls all wanting to fuck him, so I can see him going for it with reckless abandon because why the fuck not? And the hotness of fucking her while Scarlett and Alyssa could catch them (like they'd notice the door opening the way they were going at it). But then switching to the cuteness of Alyssa's scene after, well, I'm conflicted. I'm curious to know how taking a different path with Riley would affect things, so maybe I'll go back and change that decision at some point.

One difference to last time (well, other than choosing the shoe over the banana) is I chose to really help her. Last time I was pretending. This could be a big mistake, but something about her makes me think she's genuine, at least in wanting to know the truth of what happened and caring about the MC's father, whatever shadiness there may be in how she's going about it, and whether anyone she's working with can be trusted.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
One difference to last time (well, other than choosing the shoe over the banana) is I chose to really help her. Last time I was pretending. This could be a big mistake, but something about her makes me think she's genuine, at least in wanting to know the truth of what happened and caring about the MC's father, whatever shadiness there may be in how she's going about it, and whether anyone she's working with can be trusted.

Considering that she gave the principal, who spied on the protagonist and was apparently involved in Skylar's kidnapping, a good beating with a baseball bat, it is at least fair to give her the benefit of a doubt.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Jestur I think I have found more problems with the girls' routes. After deciding not to risk my relationship with Jessica, on leaving the room with Skylar I saw the text saying that we cleaned ourselves up and got dressed. But that should only happen if you risk your relationship, leading to fun times with Skylar. I filed that away to look into later.

Then when she texts you about her mom after you met, she says she thinks you should cancel the planned date. Also only something that was happening if you decide to risk your relationship with Jessica.

I installed the RenPy dev tools to see what's going on.

I found two sets of route stats tracking whether you're on someone's route. E.g., 'jessicaRoute' (currently True) and 'routeStatusJes' (currently "Not on route'). The second is what's showing on the phone. The same pair for Alyssa and Jenny are also "True" and "Not on route".

Skylar's are 'True' and '?'. While the phone uses routeStatusSky, the code is checking skylarRoute for those bits of description and dialogue. Therefore showing me what I would see if I was on her route when it shouldn't.

Presumably one of these variables should be discarded. Tracking essentially the same thing in multiple variables is complicated and can easily lead to this kind of problem. There are ways to design code that will handle it correctly, but that requires coordination through shared methods and not directly updating individual variables. The simpler method is to have only one variable tracking this status.

Because RenPy seems to break saves really easily, I suspect that setting skylarRoute to False in that bedroom conversation will be a problem, but my RenPy knowledge is limited. You'd have to add a new line to the code and I fear that will mean all saves after will be unable to find the correct line on which they were saved. But if you stop using the xRoute vars and only use routeStatusX, you'd probably be fine. Or if you feel you need both, maybe you could replace both with a class and have a method which updates both at the same time. You know more here than I do, so do whatever works and doesn't break saves (unless you have no choice).

I'm nearing the end of episode 3, after which I will be in unfamiliar territory. Looking forward to it!

Reactions: ivanych314

Jestur

Nipples Dev
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 10, 2018
Jestur I think I have found more problems with the girls' routes. After deciding not to risk my relationship with Jessica, on leaving the room with Skylar I saw the text saying that we cleaned ourselves up and got dressed. But that should only happen if you risk your relationship, leading to fun times with Skylar. I filed that away to look into later.

Then when she texts you about her mom after you met, she says she thinks you should cancel the planned date. Also only something that was happening if you decide to risk your relationship with Jessica.

I installed the RenPy dev tools to see what's going on.

I found two sets of route stats tracking whether you're on someone's route. E.g., 'jessicaRoute' (currently True) and 'routeStatusJes' (currently "Not on route'). The second is what's showing on the phone. The same pair for Alyssa and Jenny are also "True" and "Not on route".

Skylar's are 'True' and '?'. While the phone uses routeStatusSky, the code is checking skylarRoute for those bits of description and dialogue. Therefore showing me what I would see if I was on her route when it shouldn't.

Presumably one of these variables should be discarded. Tracking essentially the same thing in multiple variables is complicated and can easily lead to this kind of problem. There are ways to design code that will handle it correctly, but that requires coordination through shared methods and not directly updating individual variables. The simpler method is to have only one variable tracking this status.

Because RenPy seems to break saves really easily, I suspect that setting skylarRoute to False in that bedroom conversation will be a problem, but my RenPy knowledge is limited. You'd have to add a new line to the code and I fear that will mean all saves after will be unable to find the correct line on which they were saved. But if you stop using the xRoute vars and only use routeStatusX, you'd probably be fine. Or if you feel you need both, maybe you could replace both with a class and have a method which updates both at the same time. You know more here than I do, so do whatever works and doesn't break saves (unless you have no choice).

I'm nearing the end of episode 3, after which I will be in unfamiliar territory. Looking forward to it!
Thanks for bringing it up. I have a bunch of that fixed already, but you did point out one thing I wasn't aware of. I will check it out. Thanks again.

zargoth99

Jul 29, 2021
when I go to MC's dad's lab in the power plant as soon as the phone starts ringing an error occurs several times

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Not that this would be torture for me, but ...
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: *This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*
Usually I have an huge amount of work, but sometimes I feel lazy and have too much time in my hands. Just saw this on the bus coming from work and I thought I had to do it.

Cigzag

Feb 20, 2020
The Chapter 1 rework changed Skylar and Krystal to be way less slutty and forward. I knew I remembered things different from the original, and checked to be sure. I like the changes, and the new renders look amazing.

I have a feeling that the mysterious man with the mask is the MC. It just makes the most sense to me.

Reactions: Jestur

hentai charley

Oct 17, 2019
Hey, can maybe Jackie Gilmour get a few years knocked off her age (61)? I like the chicks in my harem to still be fertile. I figure that if Jackie had a kid when she was 15, then the daughter had Darci at 15 also, and Darci is 18, then Grandma can be 48 and still be capable of getting knocked up! (Frankly, she LOOKS like she's still in her 30s, anyway!)

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Hey, can maybe Jackie Gilmour get a few years knocked off her age (61)? I like the chicks in my harem to still be fertile. I figure that if Jackie had a kid when she was 15, then the daughter had Darci at 15 also, and Darci is 18, then Grandma can be 48 and still be capable of getting knocked up! (Frankly, she LOOKS like she's still in her 30s, anyway!)
Considering many of us think the MC has already knocked Jackie up, I think you're being a bit optimistic ... Also, you should have come at Jestur with this question BEFORE he did the chapter 1 rebuild ;)

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Usually I have an huge amount of work, but sometimes I feel lazy and have too much time in my hands. Just saw this on the bus coming from work and I thought I had to do it.
Reading F95 on a bus - A Bold move, especially when wearing just a trench coat.

F95 needs advertising amongst the ignorant masses ... But I doubt that F95 will get approved for an advertisement on the outside of the bus.

Did you try for the 'accidental' audio 'oops' just to see if any of the ladies nearby might be interested. It's an unusual conversation starter but hey... if it works...:cool:

4.80 star(s) 293 Votes