Batman187

Bʅυҽ Iʂ Tԋҽ Cσʅσυɾ, FσσƚႦαʅʅ Iʂ Tԋҽ Gαɱҽ!
Donor
Jun 19, 2020
Okay so I don't really understand any of the time travel theory so I thought I would ask some questions:

If you choose to give the necklace back to the redhead it causes Krystal's name to be changed in the future or present timeline to Kari (IIRC). However, Jenny still ends up being dead even though the MC attempted to change that. So how could small things change (names) but large things (Jenny not dying) not change?
The MC did try and change it, however when you talk to Tiffany after returning to the present she tells you that Jenny never intended to work at the plant, she only applied for a job there because someone(MC) told her it was dangerous, so in trying to stop her working there we inadvertently got her killed.

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
Thanks for update but i hop you will not delete save games again... Its not plesant thing to do...
I conditionally agree with you, but with Ren'Py non-sandbox games it usually only takes a few minutes to let the old content run through via CTRL-key.

Reactions: Batman187

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
The MC did try and change it, however when you talk to Tiffany after returning to the present she tells you that Jenny never intended to work at the plant, she only applied for a job there because someone(MC) told her it was dangerous, so in trying to stop her working there we inadvertently got her killed.
Even if the story assumes that Jenny died in the accident, I think that's not the case. It will have been important for the timeline that Jenny is catapulted into the past, because it is probably somehow related to the existence of our MC. I'm not at all an expert on all of these time travel theories and rather listen to my gut instinct, so of course I don't know whether my thoughts about Jenny make any logical sense.

Reactions: Batman187

Batman187

Donor
Jun 19, 2020
Even if the story assumes that Jenny died in the accident, I think that's not the case. It will have been important for the timeline that Jenny is catapulted into the past, because it is probably somehow related to the existence of our MC. I'm not at all an expert on all of these time travel theories and rather listen to my gut instinct, so of course I don't know whether my thoughts about Jenny make any logical sense.
The only thing I know 100% about time travel is you dont do
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jestur

Nipples Dev
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 10, 2018
Thanks for update but i hop you will not delete save games again... Its not plesant thing to do...
Sorry and I hope you enjoy the update!!
I conditionally agree with you, but with Ren'Py non-sandbox games it usually only takes a few minutes to let the old content run through via CTRL-key.
I like to use the tab key myself. You don't need to hold it down. That is, if I'm skipping through a lot of content.
Also, it's recommended to read through episode one again because there are some slight details that changed in the story. I hate making returning players go back through content they've already read, but I'm new to developing VNs and I make mistakes. I've learned a lot since my first release and will continue learning. But one this is for sure, I will always try hard to give you guys a good VN!

Batman187

Donor
Jun 19, 2020
Sorry and I hope you enjoy the update!!

I like to use the tab key myself. You don't need to hold it down. That is, if I'm skipping through a lot of content.
Also, it's recommended to read through episode one again because there are some slight details that changed in the story. I hate making returning players go back through content they've already read, but I'm new to developing VNs and I make mistakes. I've learned a lot since my first release and will continue learning. But one this is for sure, I will always try hard to give you guys a good VN!
Considering the fact were all discussing all these different theories shows that you have already given us a good start to this VN, and honestly story wise it's probably the 1 that intrigues me the most.

Most VNs you can see where the story is going(not a bad thing when the story is good), but Ripples has us all guessing and questioning things that have happened, might have happened or will happen, and we can't wait to see what you have in store for us. (y) :D

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
The only thing I know 100% about time travel is you dont do
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Damn, I'm still out of likes.

Homer has always been my role model in life. If only every man were like him, then there would be no more war in the world, because why wage war when you can drink a delicious six-pack of Duff instead. :LOL:

Batman187

Donor
Jun 19, 2020
Damn, I'm still out of likes.

Homer has always been my role model in life. If only every man were like him, then there would be no more war in the world, because why wage war when you can drink a delicious six-pack of Duff instead. :LOL:
Man i tell my brother all the time "Homer Simpson is the greatest character ever", he's made me laugh more than anyone/anything ever has :ROFLMAO:

And ye the daily like limit kinda sucks, I didn't find out about it till like a week ago and was like "wtf is this?", now I try and save em :ROFLMAO:

Edit: Just as i say that I go to leave a like on your post and....Boom...outta likes!(anyone know what the daily limit is? lol) :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Jestur

Nipples Dev
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 10, 2018
Man i tell my brother all the time "Homer Simpson is the greatest character ever", he's made me laugh more than anyone/anything ever has :ROFLMAO:

And ye the daily like limit kinda sucks, I didn't find out about it till like a week ago and was like "wtf is this?", now I try and save em :ROFLMAO:

Edit: Just as i say that I go to leave a like on your post and....Boom...outta likes!(anyone know what the daily limit is? lol) :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Wait a second....
There is a daily "like" limit? I never knew this was a thing, but I guess it makes sense. You don't want users spamming "likes" and "facepalm" for unsavory reasons.

Batman187

Donor
Jun 19, 2020
Wait a second....
There is a daily "like" limit? I never knew this was a thing, but I guess it makes sense. You don't want users spamming "likes" and "facepalm" for unsavory reasons.
Ye the daily limit sucks, but as you said it's obviously to stop the spamming of unneeded likes and whatnot. :LOL:

Nov 18, 2018
so is it better to keep or give the necklace?
Better or worse is unknown at the moment. However, not giving the necklace reveals a critical bit of knowledge of how the time travel element works. If he gives the necklace, he is led to believe that time is fixed and can't be changed. His attempt to save Jenny, instead, ultimately caused her death. At this point he could logically assume that he can't change things. But if he doesn't, Krystal's name changes to Kira. He now knows that even though he didn't save Jenny, time CAN be changed. That knowledge could make all the difference in how he proceeds. But probably not because that would force Jestur to write two branching stories ... just like alternative timeline theory :) until he gets a chance to collapse the wave-front bring the two back in sync.

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
After playing the first episode I wrote that I really liked everything but the time travel, not because I don't like the sci-fi elements, but it felt like you spent so much time to get to know the characters, just to throw them away and meet new ones.

I came back for the second one, because the dev said that wasn't the case, and after finishing it, I have to say the way he handled that aspect of the game was absolutely perfect! We spent a lot of time there, but we learned some interesting things (we got more questions than answers, but it wouldn't make sense if we were to figure everything out by episode 2!), the dev didn't drag it out more than was needed and we even got some progress with pretty much all the stories from episode one.

I'm already looking forward for episode 3! It's too early to make that kind of statements, but so far this is one of the best games I've played here.

BLACkTORNAD0

Oct 30, 2019
Well i did played ep1 and was in for the second one cause of the cliffhanger that we get stuck in 1999 and in second part we went to find the dad but cant find him idk and got jenny killed so i think it might workout like prince of persia warrior within kind of timeloops and time lines so in second ep the game matured and more to follow soon.

Reactions: Jestur

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Ah good old HS/PH, where you give a woman grey hair, say she is 50, and looks 20.:LOL:

4.80 star(s) 294 Votes