ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
Must say, I liked this new update. The cinematics were very nice, the humor and the plot (and the inclusion of the music player).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: JosephH151

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Do you live in my head?!? Really nicely explained. It feels like our MC is deceived (Legit. This is an original, and story) and for me personally ruined the intimacy of a scene I had been really looking forward to.
I think that is a perfectly valid reason to because logically now you have to question does she like you at all? only because of time travel? is she even on our side? Skylar has always been towards the lower half of girls for me and if she didnt have such prominence in the sex stuff early on I would remember her as much as i remember the brown hair henchman (whose name i forget :HideThePain:), and even with little care the whole reveal was still pretty sour for me I cant imagine how immeasurable your disappointment was or how much your day was ruined.

I wonder how much of this would be "fixed" if she was clearly "off" when giving the explanation/during the date because as it currently stands she is objectively hiding the truth from MC for her own benefit (she gets food and dick if she lies if she tells the truth she might not even if shes doing it under "orders" , or future mc told her to, or whatever

She doesn't need to feel "off" because what she is doing is the right thing not because of any in universe logic or moral reasoning, instead she is in the right because she is a LI in well written VN and therefore cant be a villain :FacePalm:

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
While alot of people seem to have an Issue with Skylar this update I never did. Well other than her new tattoo's but that was nitpick that took me like 5 minutes to get used to and accept. Cant speak for everyone but for me I think the reason for why I didn't dislike Skylar in this update is because I don't put myself in the MC's shoes when I play these games. I just treat these games as any other game and play as a normal player like it was a AAA game all the while getting to know said LI. While we know she is hiding something to me it never came across something bad but most likey she went to the past or that's a future version of Skylar. As a Player I know it's not going to be all revealed at once but over time in away that makes sense seeing how good this game is so far. So because of all that it was easy for me to enjoy this update and not have anything negative to dislike about her other than a small nitpick.

Reactions: AnonW123 and Jestur

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
While we know she is hiding something to me it never came across something bad but most likey she went to the past or that's a future version of Skylar.
I dont think that she did something bad and is hiding it but that she is willing and able to lie (from story perspective you should be given a choice to trust her just like Riley)), I dont particularly self insert (beyond role playing someone kind :HideThePain: ) but even as a character in the story she went from someone as trustworthy as MC sister to as trustworthy as Riley was of update 4.....which is an issue because we all know she is going to end up being "trustworthy" due to her being an LI which just makes the whole thing feel pointless

I dont doubt some self insert coomers are angy that waifu dared to lie to them, but i think there is a perfectly valid reason to have negative views on this

Reactions: Elityn and RyogoTM

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I dont think that she did something bad and is hiding it but that she is willing and able to lie (from story perspective you should be given a choice to trust her just like Riley)), I dont particularly self insert (beyond role playing someone kind :HideThePain: ) but even as a character in the story she went from someone as trustworthy as MC sister to as trustworthy as Riley was of update 4.....which is an issue because we all know she is going to end up being "trustworthy" due to her being an LI which just makes the whole thing feel pointless

I dont doubt some self insert coomers are angy that waifu dared to lie to them, but i think there is a perfectly valid reason to have negative views on this
I understand that point of view I just dont share it because i'm able to give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she lied for a good reason. But I do agree I think be nice to be able to trust her or not and have that affect something down the line. Now this all goes away if I find out she never did time travel. But for argument sake lets just assume she did. Because of all the time travel stuff in this story line, her lying doesn't bother me in the slightest. Hell we are still lying to her technically when she was worried about us as we never told her we went back in time because the MC didnt think she would believe us. So it makes sense to me she would do the same to us. Because of how weird her text messages were when she just ghosted us im able to put that in the same category. Unless she did something else I forgot about in episode 4 I honestly dont find her any less trustworthy than before she canceled the date. If it wasnt for the time travel aspect I would have a harder time to forgive her / trust her for sure. That's why I dont find anything negative about her yet but I understand why people have a reason to have a negative opinion of her especially after this update.

Sep 16, 2023
The eternal struggle of letting him cook vs having to eat to live :HideThePain:

I feel like a fair portion of peoples problem wasn't the lack of her being on our nuts, instead ii think most of it came from a dissonance between the player and MC more than anything else (in my case it made the date scene super sour that she was chill about lying even if its "for MC benefit"; I will say it is kind of hard to have to give a character a chance back to back (give her a chance to explain why she ghosted you because mommy said so followed immediately by give her a chance to explain why is lying during the apology) put that on top of a fairly large design change (which I think fits after the initial uhhh wtf) and it makes sense that this would be a pretty devise update for her.

Still objectively and technically better than 99% of games here though :BootyTime:
I agree with most of what you said but really I disliked her visual change. I used to like Skylar before this update but gave up on her after it and probably won't be looking back. Still love Darci, Jenny and Alyssa though, and started liking Dani too but don't care about the rest of the cast so far.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
I understand that point of view I just dont share it because i'm able to give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she lied for a good reason. But I do agree I think be nice to be able to trust her or not and have that affect something down the line. Now this all goes away if I find out she never did time travel. But for argument sake lets just assume she did. Because of all the time travel stuff in this story line, her lying doesn't bother me in the slightest. Hell we are still lying to her technically when she was worried about us as we never told her we went back in time because the MC didnt think she would believe us. So it makes sense to me she would do the same to us. Because of how weird her text messages were when she just ghosted us im able to put that in the same category. Unless she did something else I forgot about in episode 4 I honestly dont find her any less trustworthy than before she canceled the date. If it wasnt for the time travel aspect I would have a harder time to forgive her / trust her for sure. That's why I dont find anything negative about her yet but I understand why people have a reason to have a negative opinion of her especially after this update.
I agree that she lied for a "good reason" and that is part of my (and im sure only my) personal problem with all this, I think its safe to assume she did time travel because Ripples is too well written to not only introduce a huge plot hole (her new tats) for a "redesign" but point it out only to do nothing with it. Id argue most of what the MC has done (and everything the player has had a choice in) has been hiding the truth at best but I dont 100% recall exactly what MC said or if she even directly asked where MC went. Her ghosting us and her sos texts should not have a relation she only ghosted us because her mom came over saw us and literally pulled her away and forbade her from talking which Skylar agreed too (with normal texts). The messed up/cryptic texts were sent later and aren't written in the same way (also doesnt she just lie by saying she sit on her phone? with her bare ass I guess? :KEK:).

My personal problem is not whether to trust her or not its a meta problem of "She has to be available at the end for paying customers" so this all feels like filler to me personally

Last edited:

Benhawkwood

Apr 20, 2021
I agree that she lied for a "good reason" and that is part of my (and im sure only my) personal problem with all this,
I don't think you're alone. I mean, I've been here for years and have never felt strongly enough to post before. And probably still wouldn't have if I didn't think this VN was world-class.

To be clear: I am a self-insert type of person. I do like putting myself myself into the shoes of the MC most of the time. Even the MC had concerns about the flaws and holes in Skylar's story. Acknowledging those, while still 'forcing' us to remain on Skylar's path and commit to sex with her feels a little railroad-y and a lot gross to me.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
I don't think you're alone. I mean, I've been here for years and have never felt strongly enough to post before. And probably still wouldn't have if I didn't think this VN was world-class.

To be clear: I am a self-insert type of person. I do like putting myself myself into the shoes of the MC most of the time. Even the MC had concerns about the flaws and holes in Skylar's story. Acknowledging those, while still 'forcing' us to remain on Skylar's path and commit to sex with her feels a little railroad-y and a lot gross to me.
this is about how much i self insert

This and one or two other games create some really interesting theories and discussion beyond the basic waifu stuff. I dont think its a coincidence the games that create discussion are extremely well written

Sep 16, 2023
I do the same and think it would've been a lot better if we could choose to drop out of her route by refusing her hug. I also wish MC would've been more stern with her instead of thinking he couldn't be angry with her.

Reactions: nitkonikic

Alucard421

Aug 5, 2021
is it because of these custom models or uncompressed textures that this game is so huge even at chapter 6 and we haven't even complete 30% of story. By the end it will reach like 14 to 20 gb game. I hope some sort of efficient compression of textures or images can be done for better Game Size.

Reactions: Andromodus

turgsh01

Apr 13, 2020
Am I alone in thinking Skylar's disappearance reason is pretty obvious and that the MC is a moron for not realizing it yet (or at least giving her a subtle hint to see her reaction to know for sure)?

For the record, not finished playing the update... just got annoyed that I needed to vent a little in here.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Am I alone in thinking Skylar's disappearance reason is pretty obvious and that the MC is a moron for not realizing it yet (or at least giving her a subtle hint to see her reaction to know for sure)?

For the record, not finished playing the update... just got annoyed that I needed to vent a little in here.
Quite far from it multiple people have "given up" on her due in large part to this :HideThePain:

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017

Personally I just chalked up to he is just happy to see her and she's back taking the moment in he doesnt think about it. Or it is in the back of his mind but doesn't want to mention he knows about time travel / just a dev decision to leave some surprise or mystery since it wasn't going to be revealed in this update.

harsha_26

Jun 1, 2020
Episode 6 was Great fun!!

I enjoyed the Skylar scenes, both the late-night update and then the dinner out the following evening ('m on the Jessica path so the evening ended with dropping her off at home)

The next morning breakfast had some great internal dialogue from Tiffany - so we know we are not taking 2-3 steps back after the progress the MC and Tiffany made in their growing relationship during the previous night's 'Movie Night'.

The school day with Jackie Gilmore's invite for the next night followed by the scene with Dani and then afterschool 'program' with Riley were all well done - with Riley's 'helicopter' taking center stage....

We had a nice exchange between Tiffany and Valerie so - while we did not advance the Tiffany/MC relationship (this relationship should never be a rush to Smash), we did get some great insight into Tiffany's (and Valerie's) feelings about 'Movie Night.'

I'm thinking that the next outing that the MC and Tiffany have will end on a more amorous note perhaps dinner, dancing and then a hot and heavy make out session in the car - (my wishful thinking here!).

I really enjoyed the increasingly intimate time with Jessica (the photo session was a major breakthrough for the MC and Jessica, both in terms of the physical sharing as well as Jessica owning her feelings much more than in the past and coming across as genuinely grateful to the MC for his help with the photos.

Finally - the dinner date with Skylar also gave the MC more insight into both Shelby and Alice.

My compliments to Jestur for a great release and for the continuing improvement in mixing music, ambient and scene specific sounds with Great animations that show case body physics and facial expressions.

While I am looking forward to revisiting Scarlett, Jenny, Tiffany (and Luna perhaps?) in 1999, the delay in getting to enjoy modern day Tiffany, Jessica, Scarlett, Alyssa and others will be difficult...

The perils of building a harem across time are not to be trifled with... :cool:

Cheers!! :coffee:
"Tiffany should be never rush to smash".. It's been years man. I know in game it is days but for us players it's been years. And we know dev releases his updates not that faster. That's the reason I haven't started this game yet as I'm much into milf kink. For every update I check.. And come back again, to just check whether we got any lewd action at least like a bj.

Reactions: AnonW123

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
He hasn't really bold faced lied to anyone about this yet, he hasn't told people because he doubts the would believe him outside of his closest friend.
He bald-faced lied when he told everyone that he had a nightmare and felt so sad, he went for a walk in the middle of the night.
mcThinking: "I never was the best liar. Although, I seem to be getting better with all the lies I've had to tell lately."​
mcThinking: "I guess that story will have to work. It's partially true. The nightmare was real, and I did drop my phone... somewhere."​
mcThinking: "I have no idea what happened to my phone. How did that guy find it anyway? I looked everywhere."​
mcThinking: "I better hurry up and call her..."​
nar "*calls Tiffany*"​
Tiffany: "[playerName]?!"​
mc: "Tiffany, it's me. I'm fine."​
Tiffany: "Oh thank god, you're okay. I was so worried about you!"​
Tiffany: "Why didn't you go to school? And why didn't you tell me you weren't going?"​
mc: "I had a terrible nightmare about Dad that put me in a sour mood, and I didn't want to go to school today. So I decided to go out and take a long walk in the woods and try to clear my mind."​
mc: "I didn't want to wake you up this morning because I left very early, and by the time you were up, my phone stopped working."​
mcThinking: "I hope she buys that. I hate lying to her, but there's no way she would believe the truth."​

I understand the reason for his lies, and I assume either Skylar thinks the same way because she doesn't know the MC has also time traveled, or she can't tell him things for fear of "corrupting" the timeline just like Mystery Man, the redhead powerplant secretary, and presumably Riley.

AgnorWolf

Sep 20, 2020
He bald-faced lied when he told everyone that he had a nightmare and felt so sad, he went for a walk in the middle of the night.
mcThinking: "I never was the best liar. Although, I seem to be getting better with all the lies I've had to tell lately."​
mcThinking: "I guess that story will have to work. It's partially true. The nightmare was real, and I did drop my phone... somewhere."​
mcThinking: "I have no idea what happened to my phone. How did that guy find it anyway? I looked everywhere."​
mcThinking: "I better hurry up and call her..."​
nar "*calls Tiffany*"​
Tiffany: "[playerName]?!"​
mc: "Tiffany, it's me. I'm fine."​
Tiffany: "Oh thank god, you're okay. I was so worried about you!"​
Tiffany: "Why didn't you go to school? And why didn't you tell me you weren't going?"​
mc: "I had a terrible nightmare about Dad that put me in a sour mood, and I didn't want to go to school today. So I decided to go out and take a long walk in the woods and try to clear my mind."​
mc: "I didn't want to wake you up this morning because I left very early, and by the time you were up, my phone stopped working."​
mcThinking: "I hope she buys that. I hate lying to her, but there's no way she would believe the truth."​

I understand the reason for his lies, and I assume either Skylar thinks the same way because she doesn't know the MC has also time traveled, or she can't tell him things for fear of "corrupting" the timeline just like Mystery Man, the redhead powerplant secretary, and presumably Riley.
Its the context of both lies. A bold faced lie is telling someone a lie when the other person knows your lying. Mc went out at night for one night and yeah they where worried about him but it was one night... and it was more a white lie than anything. Skylar disappeared for days and she sent the weird sos text messaged with the help me and her mom was being super weird about the whole thing, context is key in these situations and I don't feel they are on the same level at all.

4.80 star(s) 290 Votes