_Immortal_

Aug 27, 2018
Five little monkeys jumping on the bed. One fell off and bumped his head. Mama called the doctor and the doctor said, “No more monkeys jumping on the bed!”.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
There does seem to be a sweet spot for number of LIs. 5-8 seems to work best in terms of fleshing them out into distinct characters. Too many and they just become cardboard cutouts with tropes and just become a checklist of characters to see lewd scenes of. Too few and you lack variety of choice. I think there should be more games where if you choose one LI it blocks off others or if you attempt to woo multiple it can cause severe problems or even a bad end. It would increase the replay factor in these games in order to see different choices and consequences instead of there typically being one optimal path to see all content.
Limiting the number of Lis certainly can help focusing the story.

Just to make it clear: I'm enjoying Ripples and it certainly is one of the best games on this side (at least of the ones I played), but I also think that there would've been easy ways to make it even better. Apparently playing through Ep. 6 I'm also now on routes with Dani and Shelby?! :KEK:

Another slight criticism for/from me would be, that apparently all the women want to be taken hard and called sluts etc. There is no variety here, even though you have like ~15 female characters that could at least be somewhat different from each other. Why don't make some of them like more soft and gentle and some like it rough and hard?! :WaitWhat:

I don't know...maybe that contrast is meant for Darci?! Like she is all rough and tumble and does MMA, but she wants sex to be tame and soft in the end? We'll see, I guess.

And I know, I've now wrote paragraphs of criticism and it makes it look like I don't like the game, but most of this is just petty nitpicking.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Hey guys, How can I export the save from the 0.5.0 to the 0.6 ? i'm on mac btw
If you didn't use any mod, you just need to load them like you normally do.
The folder with the saves is in the Ripples renpy library that you should have since the beginning, and once you open the game you should find them there ready to be loaded, like I do with my Mac. :)

M. Giganteus

Apr 11, 2023
Man, Jestur really gives Caribdis a run for his money in terms of cliffhangers. :HideThePain:
I agree that this last one is a tough pill to swallow, having to wait to know how much danger we are going to be in. The previous one was a lot less nerve wracking because even though we didn’t know what happened, at least we knew our Skyler was safe.

Reactions: Takkatakka

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Limiting the number of Lis certainly can help focusing the story.

Just to make it clear: I'm enjoying Ripples and it certainly is one of the best games on this side (at least of the ones I played), but I also think that there would've been easy ways to make it even better. Apparently playing through Ep. 6 I'm also now on routes with Dani and Shelby?! :KEK:

Another slight criticism for/from me would be, that apparently all the women want to be taken hard and called sluts etc. There is no variety here, even though you have like ~15 female characters that could at least be somewhat different from each other. Why don't make some of them like more soft and gentle and some like it rough and hard?! :WaitWhat:

I don't know...maybe that contrast is meant for Darci?! Like she is all rough and tumble and does MMA, but she wants sex to be tame and soft in the end? We'll see, I guess.

And I know, I've now wrote paragraphs of criticism and it makes it look like I don't like the game, but most of this is just petty nitpicking.
I'm pretty sure that Dani at least was mostly due to fanbase. Many people already liked the character, and didn't anything implying that she could be a LI. She's a cutie though.

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
Man what a ride, I just finally tried this one out over the weekend. I am so conflicted... this is one of those games you hear about constantly, I mean this game is so popular and established that other games include little cameo / easter egg things by showing the ripples title screen in the background on a screen or poster in random scenes... but I had never actually sat down and played it before. I was really curious to see what all the hype is about.

As far as I know, the game was started in 2019. So I guess my biggest question is, how is the story not further developed at this point? I was thinking it would be very very far along at this point - nope - I played through an entire run in a few hours. Granted, you could go back and replay it a few different ways, since it seems that pursuing certain characters effectively cockblocks you from pursuing others. However, most of the characters I did not pursue... I simply don't have any interest in pursuing. For example, the literal grandma who keeps flirting with the MC... and the various moms that seem to have the hots for the MC... really just not my thing. I have said this before but I will continue saying it, it makes no sense that the MC would pursue all these women 20-40 years older than him when he has a legion of hotter younger girls in his own age range interested in him. The only thing I would maybe try on a second run is pursue Krystal/Daphne and not worry about whether that will piss off Darci, and pursue Jessica instead of Skylar (only because I did all of Skylar's stuff already on my first run, which seems to have locked out some Jessica scenes.)

The quality is pretty amazing, clearly a lot of effort has been put in here, and it shows - the cinematic sequences with little details setting up scenes are nice, and the animations are very high quality. The story is also pretty funny, I laughed insanely hard at a number of scenes, like some of the exchanges with Darci, Riley's shenanigans (go go gadget copter!) - etc.

I am just... shocked that now, as 2023 draws to a close, we are only 6 episodes deep and the MC has time traveled I think twice. In a game where the main story is supposed to be about time travel lol.

This game also seems to suffer massively from "let's add more LIs" syndrome... like dude why are you adding a Dani path in ep 6 when you still don't have main characters fully developed yet? We have not even banged Darci yet and she is pretty much the first LI introduced to the MC, and fairly integral to the story. Don't get me wrong, Dani is hot sure but like... holy fuck I would rather have a handful of completely developed LIs with a full set of scenes than like a million LIs with a couple of scenes each, especially since the first couple scenes are generally all really tame. You can always add more in later, but finish what you started first, IMO. And characters like Dani are not really advancing the core storyline, which seems to have taken the back burner at this point.

IDK curious to see what others think - am I the only one saying this is kinda short for being ~4 years in?

Reactions: daxil94

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
Is there a lot of femdom in this game (I hope so.)
Not really. There's a kind of femdom play scene that upsets some sensitive guys, but I doubt it scratches the itch for the real femdom fans. It's toward the end of episode 6 (current release). There's also a scene with that character in episode 3 that will allow you to take a more passive role. It's super light femdom, if it can even be called that.

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
Is there a lot of femdom in this game (I hope so.)
There's femdom with two characters so far, with two scenes each, two are super light, one is somewhat light, and then there's one that's moderately femdom. The one that's a moderate level of femdom isn't until way later in the game, and it's a scene more akin to what you would expect with femdom.

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
... As far as I know, the game was started in 2019. So I guess my biggest question is, how is the story not further developed at this point? I was thinking it would be very very far along at this point - nope...

I am just... shocked that now, as 2023 draws to a close, we are only 6 episodes deep and the MC has time traveled I think twice. In a game where the main story is supposed to be about time travel lol.

IDK curious to see what others think - am I the only one saying this is kinda short for being ~4 years in?
Initial release was July 2020. I don't know when Jestur started full-time work on it, but probably less than 9 months before initial release. So this recent update probably didn't take him to the 4 year anniversary yet. In any case, he's a one-man team, and I think there's a lot of content and a few storylines that have taken time to get established. I imagine the plot will start progressing with quicker developments now that many of the characters are developed and factions are have mostly taken shape. As you mentioned,
... The quality is pretty amazing, clearly a lot of effort has been put in here, and it shows - the cinematic sequences with little details setting up scenes are nice, and the animations are very high quality. The story is also pretty funny, I laughed insanely hard at a number of scenes...
Quality takes time. Animations are very time consuming, especially the cinematic ones with a moving camera. Writing also takes time. Sure any of us can shit out a script in a few days, but to pen a script that makes sense, has good pacing, interesting and amusing dialogue, and proper dramatic tension takes a few drafts and several rewrites for even the most experienced authors and devs.

Everyone works at their own pace, so I say let him cook.

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
There's femdom with two characters so far, with two scenes each, two are super light, one is somewhat light, and then there's one that's moderately femdom. The one that's a moderate level of femdom isn't until way later in the game, and it's a scene more akin to what you would expect with femdom.
Riley and who else? I don't remember another one.

helloisme

May 13, 2020
I downloaded the gallery unlocker and unzipped it into the 'game' folder of Ripples as I did for all ren'py games but gallery did not unlock for me. Can anyone help?

4.80 star(s) 288 Votes