misfolk

Jan 22, 2021
As far as I know, the game was started in 2019. So I guess my biggest question is, how is the story not further developed at this point? I was thinking it would be very very far along at this point - nope - I played through an entire run in a few hours.
There are devs out there that can crank out a solid update every two months, but they have a different approach:
  • use paperdoll interactions for most scenes
  • render only action/dramatic scenes
  • animate only sex scenes
  • have a team so you have at least an artist, a writer and a programmer working in parallel
In comparison, Jestur works alone, makes a new render for every line and animates as many scenes as he can. It's a much more cinematic experience than a regular VN and one he has full creative control over, and I am actually surprised he is only ~3 times slower.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
IDK curious to see what others think - am I the only one saying this is kinda short for being ~4 years in?
I wrote about the same thing the last couple of days. I like the game and it has some of the best animation work I've seen in a VN (which is probably also a reason, why development takes as long as it does). It feels like instead of feature creep like a lot of games have, this has a serious case of LI creep. Now he added Dani and Shelby as well...at this point we're at 20 or so female characters the MC either has or most likely will hook up with and a lot of these have no larger meaning for the story.

So I guess the focus of the game is simply put on the MC fucking as many women as possible and not actually on the - quite frankly - very interesting and intriguing story and you have to kinda accept that. It's not the focus I would've chosen, but it's also not my game, so...take it or leave it, I guess.

ScyTheFox

Apr 8, 2021
Cant find that damn pineapple for the hidden render in the Lingerie Store... am i blind or is it because i dont like pineapple on my pizza or what?!

• Haha
Reactions: Jedi_Ninja81

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Cant find that damn pineapple for the hidden render in the Lingerie Store... am i blind or is it because i dont like pineapple on my pizza or what?!
The last time I played, the pineapple was there, but it wouldn't trigger the image. Has it disappeared altogether now?

ScyTheFox

Apr 8, 2021
The last time I played, the pineapple was there, but it wouldn't trigger the image. Has it disappeared altogether now?
Is Jestus trying to tell us something by any chance? Is he finally committing to non-pineapple pizza? This must be one of the greatest mysteries eternity might ever witnesses! And what about the render thou? Its so fckn teasing! And i dont like to use mods to solve optainable content...
Also i had read here, someone wanted to unpack the mod for the gallery and it didnt work... is this a pineapple bug or a whole pineapple conspiracy?!

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021
Because I saw people talking about high cpu-usage:
This might be caused by having acrobat reader with the walkthrough open.
My cpu (ryzen 7 5800x3d) was running at 82°C and I couldn't figure out why, until I closed acrobat reader.
Apparently having page-caching active, which it is by default, will cause heavy cpu usage.
You can deactivate it by clicking edit ->settings ->page display and unselecting the "Use page cache" option.
Hopefully this helps some of you.

Nemoman

Dec 23, 2018
This game is just phenomenal. Breezed through it.

Hard to pick a favourite, all the girls are written and designed so well. Guess mine is tiffany, most likely cause dev is blueballing us with her.

Last edited:

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
I wrote about the same thing the last couple of days. I like the game and it has some of the best animation work I've seen in a VN (which is probably also a reason, why development takes as long as it does). It feels like instead of feature creep like a lot of games have, this has a serious case of LI creep. Now he added Dani and Shelby as well...at this point we're at 20 or so female characters the MC either has or most likely will hook up with and a lot of these have no larger meaning for the story.

So I guess the focus of the game is simply put on the MC fucking as many women as possible and not actually on the - quite frankly - very interesting and intriguing story and you have to kinda accept that. It's not the focus I would've chosen, but it's also not my game, so...take it or leave it, I guess.
You know what you hit the nail on the head. USUALLY it is the other way around, because the story/dialogue is kind of meh (in most games) so you are kind of just like "GET TO THE BANGING ALREADY" - with this one it's the opposite, I want the fucking story to progress lmao.

I will also say, they could have saved a lot of time by skipping some of the absurd buildup sex scenes. How many times is the MC going to like slide his dick along the outside of various LIs pussies I mean come on... just fucking fuck already. That is a bit of a pet peeve of mine, so many games nowadays are like oh first you get a handjob, then maybe a thigh job, or a fucking FOOT JOB etc. etc. - I find this irritating because A.) it's not that fucking interesting compared to the other shit you could see them doing, and B.) WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT SHIT LMAO. I've banged my fair share of chicks over the years and I can't think of a single time clothes came off and either a BJ or p-in-v didn't happen. If the chick doesn't want to fuck you, her panties are not coming off. This trope of girls wanting to like glide along your dick and not get fucked by it is some of the silliest shit I have ever seen, literally the time travel aspect of the game is more credible than that BS.

But the graphics are insanely good and I ate Skylar's ass, so. There's that.

deepsauce47

Jan 3, 2023
Definitely don't get rid of the foreplay! That's the best part of the game, and what separates the scenes from other similar titles!

Extreme slow burn = best

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
Definitely don't get rid of the foreplay! That's the best part of the game, and what separates the scenes from other similar titles!

Extreme slow burn = best
Foreplay is fine when it leads to sex. In the scenes I am talking about, foreplay is it. Hell several times they are like oh okay now let's do some real shit - AND the phone rings, or a parents walks in, or some other shit fucks it up.

Jenny is a pretty good example... this chick straight up sucked you off in a public bathroom, deep throated you even, and sucked down every drop of your load, like less than 24 hours after she met you. And you are gonna tell me she's going to just like slide her pussy along your dick and freak out about actually fucking you (in the garage no less lmao) ..... ok sure that, yeah that makes sense. Plot twist: Jenny didn't die from the power plant accident she died from STDs.

• Haha
Reactions: Takkatakka

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Honestly the only LI I care about in this game is Skylar or Alyssa other girls are too easy for my taste when it comes to lewds and only play their paths for sake of seeing the content. Even Skylar is somewhat on the easy side but she isnt either since it did take a while for a lewd with her. But hey I dont play this for lewds it's just a good game with interesting characters and story even if most of them arent my cup of tea when it comes to lewds.

Edit : Not counting the sister as yet to play her path.

ScyTheFox

Apr 8, 2021
Foreplay is fine when it leads to sex. In the scenes I am talking about, foreplay is it. Hell several times they are like oh okay now let's do some real shit - AND the phone rings, or a parents walks in, or some other shit fucks it up.

Jenny is a pretty good example... this chick straight up sucked you off in a public bathroom, deep throated you even, and sucked down every drop of your load, like less than 24 hours after she met you. And you are gonna tell me she's going to just like slide her pussy along your dick and freak out about actually fucking you (in the garage no less lmao) ..... ok sure that, yeah that makes sense. Plot twist: Jenny didn't die from the power plant accident she died from STDs.
However, there was alway a logical reason to not go further or all in if i remember correctly. In Jennys case its her shyness and that she is very inexperienced although she really is a huge pervert. In Darcis case, she didnt wanted to open up to MC honestly, because she might think it would be a weakness. In Tiffanys and Jessicas case, its the fundamental relationship to the MC, which makes a lot more scenes with the patch...If we compare it to Riley, you could do her right away cause shes an insane and creppy pervert, which i really appreciated (Damn that helicopter thing was sth else, thx Eddie!). So it basically always comes down to the personalities of the LIs or prevented and/or just not given oportunities. Also if i remember correctly, just going to bang every LI right away after they showed interest in MC was sth people complained about, which was the reason why Scene 4 and 8 were reworked in 0.5. Please correct me if im wrong there, but i still have the older 0.41 version and these two scenes were clearly different and more straight forward then.
In my opinion a too straight forward developement in sexual matters between the MC and LIs could stand in the way of how to show the developement of the personalities of the LIs, which is, i think, more important to tell a good story.

Last edited:

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Jenny is a pretty good example... this chick straight up sucked you off in a public bathroom, deep throated you even, and sucked down every drop of your load, like less than 24 hours after she met you. And you are gonna tell me she's going to just like slide her pussy along your dick and freak out about actually fucking you (in the garage no less lmao)
Peer pressure is a real thing, and she was subjected to peer pressure in the bathroom. And, while many these days aren't as hung up, some women still regard intercourse as something they want to be "right" - they'll mess around and even go down, but they want to save that last hurdle for someone that will actually try to make it good for them, not some gorilla-jock that doesn't give a shit and just rams it in, tries to beat his time in the 40, and dumps his load without even asking if she's safe (after which he will then promptly grab his phone to tell all the guys about and send a selfie of his face with her naked in the background) or some one-pump chump that doesn't give her a chance to enjoy it (with luck, that type will just pop off before getting close enough to make entry). Yeah - this is a VN, but having a little bit of realism is a good thing since most of these things are so entirely unrealistic as to be laughable.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022

To be fair, she actually would've gone all out. I think that part is actually not that much of a problem, considering. Tiffany has understandable doubts, Darci has a massive problem with opening up (in more ways than one :KEK: ), Skylar did it after the first date. Most others don't exactly take long...considering the MC hardly knows most of the girls, I think they are either pretty quick and casual or their hesitation makes sense and fits.

Reactions: Bill Temple

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
I replayed the game and realize a few details which I missed:

- Jessica's father is most likely Eric. Tiffany was dating Eric in 1999 who cheated on her with the blonde "skank" she called.
- Jared's father is probably also Eric because they look so much alike. If true, this makes Jared and Jessica half siblings.
- Jared's mother is probably the blonde chick, or "skank."
- Shelby's father (Mr. Carabelli) is probably the same person as Mr. Carey. He and his 1999 himself look too much alike, and his buddy group also looks the same.
- Luna is pregnant with Skylar when MC met her in 1999. When Lym said she's going through a tough time, she meant that she's pregnant and possibly her boyfriend dumped her after finding out.

Below are just my tinfoil hat theories I got without clear evidence:

- Worker #1 is MC's father. He has same hair style and glasses as MC's father in his dream. Also, his face is always hidden in his scenes.
- Worker #2 "Fred" might be Miss Gilmore's husband. Worker #1 said punch him "Miss Gilmore style," and Fred just laughed as if funniest thing ever. That means they both knew her well. Fred in earlier scene also suggest he's in his forties and had kids. He could also be someone else's husband/father, such as Riley, but I think Gilmore is more likely. Edit: I misread this part. Worker #1 said "Happy Gilmore Style" Jackie's name is Gilmour, not Gilmore. I'm totally wrong about this one, but Fred did suggest he had kids; I wonder whom. Maybe Riley?
- Daphne's mother might be either Cindy Carey or Lym. Both are possible, but Cindy seems more likely. Daphne mentioned her mom runs a business. We already know Cindy can run a business, and Mr. Carey is rich. Assuming he and Shelby's father are the same person, he could also have bought Daphne a car, like he did for Shelby. Alternatively, though we haven't met Lym in 2019, her ambitious personality and fashion style are more fitting for Daphne. Plus, Daphne's father sounds like a nicer person than Mr. Carey.
- Lizzie (20/21), Krystal (18), and perhaps Skylar (19) might all come from the same father because they look alike and share similar personality. If true, whoever he is knocked up Lizzie's mom in 1997, Luna in 1999, Khloe in 2000.
Jessica's father is almost certainly not Eric, Tiffany is freshly pregnant and hasn't been with Eric for a while at this point, she's already been seeing MC's Dad for some time by now.

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
So did Jestur purposely not have any Shelby content this time because of that idiot troll?

All in all, I believe Shelby will be MC's main and only girlfriend. This is a wonderful love story actually. Rich girl falls in love with normal guy K-drama story. The other girls might be hotter than her but they lack the girlfriend or soulmate factor. They seems to be sisterly love, side chick, or friends with benefits. 80s Music can change anything though.
What game have you been playing?

shucia

Jan 3, 2019
There are devs out there that can crank out a solid update every two months, but they have a different approach:
  • use paperdoll interactions for most scenes
  • render only action/dramatic scenes
  • animate only sex scenes
  • have a team so you have at least an artist, a writer and a programmer working in parallel
In comparison, Jestur works alone, makes a new render for every line and animates as many scenes as he can. It's a much more cinematic experience than a regular VN and one he has full creative control over, and I am actually surprised he is only ~3 times slower.
I dont remember any devs that managed to drop an update every 2 months, most games on this platform took at least 5-7 months of development, maybe some other i didnt know able to do it but i'm sure the 2 months content must be really short or just a mediocre game without much story, chars developement etc.

4.80 star(s) 290 Votes