shitass1001

Jun 8, 2021
There's a theory that she was thrown back 20(?) years from the date of the accident and has come forward from that earlier time. Guess we'll see.

As for the other assertion, while not dispositive of anything, when a Dev uses very similar phrasing for two characters that look like they could be the same person in a time travel VN, connecting those things and tagging them as possible Easter eggs, rather than mere coincidence, isn't whacky and silly. Could it simply be a phrasing Jestur liked and used in a couple of different places? Sure. Could it be a hint at something else? Maybe - it's a time travel VN, after all, and we only know the one time "rule" we've been told about, not all the rules that may actually come into play.

You don't have to believe those things are connected, but don't ridicule unless you can prove beyond a reasonable doubt they they are not.
I can agree with this theory a bit with the fact that Jackie and Jenny are both gamers (and apparently good), but my comment was based on how the original "connection" in the comment I replied to was just two characters saying somewhat similar things.
I am aware the dev of this game has a lot of easter eggs, but in this case I fail to see this as one.

"but don't ridicule unless you can prove beyond a reasonable doubt they they are not." The burden of proof when it comes to theories is usually on the people who believe in the theory. Also I would hardly call what either me or Simpgor said ridicule.

Reactions: Simpgor

pitao

May 18, 2023
when a Dev uses very similar phrasing for two characters that look like they could be the same person in a time travel VN, connecting those things and tagging them as possible Easter eggs, rather than mere coincidence, isn't whacky and silly.
Similar phrasing? One says I like to "SEE YOU SMILE" the other is saying "YOU WANT TO SEE ME SMILE?".....

Do you think the family dentist is also involved in time travel because he commented on the MCs smile?
Lol or Jestur maybe is using misdirection or you both misdirect yourselves in the conversation (or maybe I'm the "misdirector" :p), either or neither way this is too funny :ROFLMAO:
Don't mind me much, just trying to lighten the mood a bit hehe

Here goes a TBBT video about time travel "grammar" to lighten even more the mood with laughter
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Similar phrasing? One says I like to "SEE YOU SMILE" the other is saying "YOU WANT TO SEE ME SMILE?".....

Do you think the family dentist is also involved in time travel because he commented on the MCs smile?

Keep in mind she would have had to remember THE EXACT comment she made decades ago, and hope that MC doesn't put it together? If she wanted MC to have a hint she'd be dropping bigger ones....
And if Jackie is Jenny, she could clearly be referencing the prior interaction. And why wouldn't she remember? After all, MC looks exactly like he did decades ago because in his current reality he's only a few days older than he was in that interaction. While you may not have the faculties to remember things at 50-ish that happened when you were 20-ish, some of us have great recall when an event is something that was significant and/or with a person that was significant. When I see someone from my 20s that I haven't seen for 30 years, seeing them will unlock memories and events from that past. And keep in mind, if Jackie is Jenny, she's had years to come to the realization that MC is the same person she met before the accident, and is also realizing that he has hit that point in his life where his time travels are starting and their past interactions are real-time for him. Now would be the precise time to start dropping a subtle hint as to who she is here and there - she certainly isn't going to simply blurt it out without testing the waters to confirm he's in his time travel phase.

There is also "VN logic", which dictates that any coincidence really isn't a coincidence. This logic is present in books, TV and movies, as well. So, rather than being arrogantly dismissive, open your mind a little - let that corpus callosum do what it was designed to do and let the logical side and the creative side talk to one another a little bit. ;)

And, again - I don't know if this is what's going on or not, but in a FUCKING TIME TRAVEL VN it isn't an unreasonable bit of speculation. What is unreasonable is being completely dismissive (and increasingly dickish) without clear evidence to the contrary.

That's not the smile moment.... so your "comparison" still doesn't work? Like what are you comparing now? Her saying she wants a boy she likes to try their best and a teacher wanting her student (and granddaughters best friend) to do their best .....? Does she want MC to know or not? If she doesn't why drop the hint? If she does why not drop a bigger hint? Like her saying (as an old lady) oh my favorite game is [insert the game she let you win here] instead of just saying she "loves games"

Are you one of those people who thinks every girl who is 18-20 in town is secretly MCs kid?
That is what she said immediately after his "smile" comment. Want to try again?

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
And if Jackie is Jenny, she could clearly be referencing the prior interaction. And why wouldn't she remember? After all, MC looks exactly like he did decades ago because in his current reality he's only a few days older than he was in that interaction. While you may not have the faculties to remember things at 50-ish that happened when you were 20-ish, some of us have great recall when an event is something that was significant and/or with a person that was significant. When I see someone from my 20s that I haven't seen for 30 years, seeing them will unlock memories and events from that past. And keep in mind, if Jackie is Jenny, she's had years to come to the realization that MC is the same person she met before the accident, and is also realizing that he has hit that point in his life where his time travels are starting and their past interactions are real-time for him. Now would be the precise time to start dropping a subtle hint as to who she is here and there - she certainly isn't going to simply blurt it out without testing the waters to confirm he's in his time travel phase.

There is also "VN logic", which dictates that any coincidence really isn't a coincidence. This logic is present in books, TV and movies, as well. So, rather than being arrogantly dismissive, open your mind a little - let that corpus callosum do what it was designed to do and let the logical side and the creative side talk to one another a little bit. ;)

And, again - I don't know if this is what's going on or not, but in a FUCKING TIME TRAVEL VN it isn't an unreasonable bit of speculation. What is unreasonable is being completely dismissive (and increasingly dickish) without clear evidence to the contrary.

And putting it In a spoiler makes you less of a dick? :KEK:

Is it because I said "one of those people"? When we both know there are people who SCREAM at the idea that anything in this game is not incest :HideThePain:
Or because I wanted evidence? And then pointed out holes? Am I not allowed to do that to anybody or just you in particular?

Edit: Damn literally called that he was mad at being referred to as someone who thinks something :BootyTime:

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
"but don't ridicule unless you can prove beyond a reasonable doubt they they are not." The burden of proof when it comes to theories is usually on the people who believe in the theory. Also I would hardly call what either me or Simpgor said ridicule.
Don't agree with your "burden of proof" comment as there is no proof to confirm the connection, and there is no proof to disassociate any connection. Since neither exists, being completely dismissive of a theory before it can be wholly ruled out is not the reasonable tack. "Ripples lore heads" sounds a little bit like some light ridicule, and simp's comment was clear and unequivocal ridicule, as proven out by his follow-up statements. He's probably making the list if he continues to use the same tone.

Edited for accuracy.

Last edited:

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Don't agree with your "burden of proof" comment as there is no proof to confirm the connection, and there is no proof to disassociate any connection. Since neither exists, being completely dismissive of a theory before it can be wholly ruled out is the reasonable tack. "Ripples lore heads" sounds a little bit like some light ridicule, and simp's comment was clear and unequivocal ridicule, as proven out by his follow-up statements. He's probably making the list if he continues to use the same tone.
You are threatening a block..... because you perceived multiple people as insulting you?

Lore head is in no way an insult? Keepers of lore are always well respected and important especially in threads that promote discussions. Without lore heads it would just be the same as any coomer thread where it's just "muh waifu sex giv mor scne".

shitass1001

Jun 8, 2021
Don't agree with your "burden of proof" comment as there is no proof to confirm the connection, and there is no proof to disassociate any connection. Since neither exists, being completely dismissive of a theory before it can be wholly ruled out is not the reasonable tack. "Ripples lore heads" sounds a little bit like some light ridicule, and simp's comment was clear and unequivocal ridicule, as proven out by his follow-up statements. He's probably making the list if he continues to use the same tone.

Edited for accuracy.
You know what, I could have been a bit more concise on my original comment.
"Ripples lore heads" wasn't really meant to be used in a demeaning way, more just trying to say that there are people who know a lot more about the story than me. I have great respect for the people who read into the games and piece the little things together, it's interesting stuff.
I genuinely was wondering if there was a connection to be made between the two, you answered that and I agreed that there are the makings of a compelling theory there.
I agree that the "burden of proof" thing is a bit binary, as obviously there is no proof to the theory (yet), but I think when you posit a theory, like Jackie being Jenny after having gone back in time, then the people who aren't yet privy to all the details of this theory have the right to question it.

Also, yeah, Simpgor could be a lot more civil, no need for the demeaning tone, we are trying to have a conversation, not a shit-flinging contest.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
You know what, I could have been a bit more concise on my original comment.
"Ripples lore heads" wasn't really meant to be used in a demeaning way, more just trying to say that there are people who know a lot more about the story than me. I have great respect for the people who read into the games and piece the little things together, it's interesting stuff.
I genuinely was wondering if there was a connection to be made between the two, you answered that and I agreed that there are the makings of a compelling theory there.
I agree that the "burden of proof" thing is a bit binary, as obviously there is no proof to the theory (yet), but I think when you posit a theory, like Jackie being Jenny after having gone back in time, then the people who aren't yet privy to all the details of this theory have the right to question it.

Also, yeah, Simpgor could be a lot more civil, no need for the demeaning tone, we are trying to have a conversation, not a shit-flinging contest.
There is a way to have the "civility" of a post looked into by someone who can actually do something about it, rather than making a post threatening to block the person in question

How would you have I ask if they were someone who thought that every single female character is related to the MC? Because believe it or not that is not an insult I've seen people claim that every one of the last 3 or 4 updates. Keep in mind they viewed "someone who knows lore" as an insult as well.

It's weird that I've been in this thread multiple times when updates drop and sometimes inbetween regularly speaking to people about their theories including speaking with Jestur himself about them lol. (anybody remember all the theories around Skylar drama?) Those posts were waaay less civil on all sides (especially towards Jestur) but it's only just now that "I'm cruising for a bruising?" :BootyTime:

Reactions: MAGO-DAG

pds72

Sep 25, 2019
2009 Year of Accident
Jenny age 31
Jenny's daughter age 8(?) (name?) goes missing a week after the accident

If time jumps are 20 years and both went back in time, they would have landed in 1989

1999 Year MC lands in time
Jenny's daughter would be 18. The same age as Gabby (missing girl/Daria's Mom)

Jenny would be 61

Hopefully next update we get to meet Gabby and her mom. If her mom is Jenny, she'd be young enough for MC to recognize. Or this will end up being the cliffhanger with the update ending right before going to see her.

slaveofpeon

Apr 23, 2018
What if all of this is just one big time travel version of Schrodinger's cat, where both theories are true until the point of observation? Maybe jestur has the script written both ways and until it's published in an update, both theories are true and untrue. Maybe he's waiting to see what the general consensus is before finalizing it either way? Maybe we are all overthinking things and there's a third option that he has planned that throws everything out the window?

Speculation is fun and all, but there's no need for everyone to be at each other's throats or anything. I think it would be cool if all the theories are wrong and there's a bigger twist that no one saw in the end.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
What if all of this is just one big time travel version of Schrodinger's cat, where both theories are true until the point of observation? Maybe jestur has the script written both ways and until it's published in an update, both theories are true and untrue. Maybe he's waiting to see what the general consensus is before finalizing it either way? Maybe we are all overthinking things and there's a third option that he has planned that throws everything out the window?

Speculation is fun and all, but there's no need for everyone to be at each other's throats or anything. I think it would be cool if all the theories are wrong and there's a bigger twist that no one saw in the end.

Last edited:

Pax Draconis

Aug 18, 2023

Whenever Schrodinger's Cat is mentioned I always remember that he was trolling his undergraduates. They argued so much about the quantum state without noting the crucial fact that it's a horrible thing to do to a cat.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Once a year update is around the corner people... :ROFLMAO: (y)
Very bad attempt at a troll. Just doing the OP math, there have been 8 updates (chapter 3 was a split release and you could call it 9 total if you count the remaster) since the VN's initial release in July, 2020. The last release was late November, 2023 - a period of 41 months from the initial release. That averages between just over 4.5 to just over 5 months between releases, depending on how you count it - so 2-3 releases per 12 month period. It's been six months since the last release, and for a VN of this quality, it takes about that long to put together an update - maybe a little longer if the Dev did something wild and crazy like take time off with family over the holidays or some other weird shit that pirates like yourself think they have no right to do.

Before making such a foolish and ill-informed statement again, maybe check the facts - don't be CNN.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 292 Votes