micojive

Oct 2, 2017
I really hate the fact we already have a choice that locks you our of 1 character or another so early on in the game. Means basically needs to have a modder make it so you can see all scenes in a playthrough. Don't want to have to replay an entire game just to get the missed scenes.

Hope the dev changes that, it really sucks.

Deleted member 289409

Nov 12, 2017
I really hate the fact we already have a choice that locks you our of 1 character or another so early on in the game. Means basically needs to have a modder make it so you can see all scenes in a playthrough. Don't want to have to replay an entire game just to get the missed scenes.

Hope the dev changes that, it really sucks.
You mean having to choose between Krystal and Skylar?
If you read the Changelog you would know you can do both without the mod.

Reactions: Tavi13

Deleted member 289409

Nov 12, 2017
I dont see anything in the changelog about it? Just says bug fixes and a gallery fix.
Episode 2
- Lots of improvements this time!
- 900 new images.
- 57 new animations.
- New font.
- More music tracks have been added.
- Main menu animation has been remastered, also with a couple of animations from ep 1.
- Due to popular demand, you can play both Skylar's and Krystal Route at the same time!
- Lewd sounds have been added to some scenes.
- Images are now captured at 4k and resized to 1080p.
- Color grading has been improved.
- Slight changes to the story have been made to make sure I'm following Patreon's TOS.
The core story is still there, just small changes to certain details have been made.
You are
required to start a new game. Sorry :(

Last edited:

Variq

Jul 26, 2020
Can you send me the errors please and which version/platform and if you are using mods or anything?
I didn't put them down, sorry but I'll speed through it, and grab the errors, (I like the game though thanks, even with the errors popping up, lol :D )

Variq

Jul 26, 2020
Can you send me the errors please and which version/platform and if you are using mods or anything?
Hi, well going through it quickly, I think I've gone a lot further without an error, though unsure why.
I'm on a Desktop,
Version 3.6,
1067000_Ripples_Episode_3.1_In-Game_Mod,
Ripples-0.3.6-taboo,
2 mods found on the same link the game is,
The first error I have come across while speeding through it, is in the MC's bedroom with Skylar.
Unsure if you want the BBCode, or the Markdown
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/e3s11.rpy", line 471, in script
    $ bdsm += 1
  File "game/scripts/e3s11.rpy", line 471, in <module>
    $ bdsm += 1
NameError: name 'bdsm' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    $ bdsm += 1
  File "C:\Users\Tarle\Desktop\New folder\R\Ripples-0.3.6-pc\Ripples-0.3.6-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Tarle\Desktop\New folder\R\Ripples-0.3.6-pc\Ripples-0.3.6-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
    $ bdsm += 1

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Ripples 0.3.6
Tue Jul 20 22:33:54 2021

```

While running game code:
$ bdsm += 1
$ bdsm += 1

Full traceback:
$ bdsm += 1
File "C:\Users\Tarle\Desktop\New folder\R\Ripples-0.3.6-pc\Ripples-0.3.6-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
File "C:\Users\Tarle\Desktop\New folder\R\Ripples-0.3.6-pc\Ripples-0.3.6-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
$ bdsm += 1

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Ripples 0.3.6
```
I posted both, it seems they're both identical?

So after this for any more errors, just post one of them?

Sorry first time I'm reporting errors.

Variq

Jul 26, 2020
Hi, well going through it quickly, I think I've gone a lot further without an error, though unsure why.
I'm on a Desktop,
Version 3.6,
Ripples-0.3.6-taboo,
2 mods found on the same link the game is,
The first error I have come across while speeding through it, is in the MC's bedroom with Skylar.
Unsure if you want the BBCode, or the Markdown
Code:

While running game code:
    $ bdsm += 1
    $ bdsm += 1

Full traceback:
    $ bdsm += 1
    $ bdsm += 1

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Ripples 0.3.6

```

While running game code:
$ bdsm += 1
$ bdsm += 1

Full traceback:
$ bdsm += 1
$ bdsm += 1

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Ripples 0.3.6
```
I posted both, it seems they're both identical?

So after this for any more errors, just post one of them?

Sorry first time I'm reporting errors. Used Ignore to continue.
Next Error still with Skylar in bedroom:

Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/e3s11.rpy", line 504, in script
    scene e3s11p99 with slowdis
  File "game/scripts/e3s11.rpy", line 504, in <module>
NameError: name 'slowdis' is not defined

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\Tarle\Desktop\New folder\R\Ripples-0.3.6-pc\Ripples-0.3.6-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1385, in execute
    paired = renpy.python.py_eval(self.paired)
  File "C:\Users\Tarle\Desktop\New folder\R\Ripples-0.3.6-pc\Ripples-0.3.6-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\Tarle\Desktop\New folder\R\Ripples-0.3.6-pc\Ripples-0.3.6-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Ripples 0.3.6
Tue Jul 20 22:41:56 2021
This time Ignore went to new error:

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\Tarle\Desktop\New folder\R\Ripples-0.3.6-pc\Ripples-0.3.6-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1382, in execute
    trans = renpy.python.py_eval(self.expr)
  File "C:\Users\Tarle\Desktop\New folder\R\Ripples-0.3.6-pc\Ripples-0.3.6-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
  File "C:\Users\Tarle\Desktop\New folder\R\Ripples-0.3.6-pc\Ripples-0.3.6-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Ripples 0.3.6
Tue Jul 20 22:43:33 2021
Next ignore continued on, Still in room with Skylar, next error:

Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/e3s11.rpy", line 579, in script
    if skylarbuttRed or (_in_replay and persistent.skylarbuttRed):
  File "game/scripts/e3s11.rpy", line 579, in <module>
NameError: name 'skylarbuttRed' is not defined

Full traceback:
  File "game/scripts/e3s11.rpy", line 579, in script
  File "C:\Users\Tarle\Desktop\New folder\R\Ripples-0.3.6-pc\Ripples-0.3.6-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1832, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "game/scripts/e3s11.rpy", line 579, in <module>
NameError: name 'skylarbuttRed' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Ripples 0.3.6
Tue Jul 20 22:44:10 2021
Ignore worked,

Next error when clicked 'squeeze' (with Skylar by door)

Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/e3s11.rpy", line 592, in script
    if skylarbuttSlap or (_in_replay and persistent.skylarbuttSlap):
  File "game/scripts/e3s11.rpy", line 592, in <module>
NameError: name 'skylarbuttSlap' is not defined

Full traceback:
  File "game/scripts/e3s11.rpy", line 592, in script
  File "C:\Users\Tarle\Desktop\New folder\R\Ripples-0.3.6-pc\Ripples-0.3.6-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1832, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "game/scripts/e3s11.rpy", line 592, in <module>
NameError: name 'skylarbuttSlap' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Ripples 0.3.6
Tue Jul 20 22:45:06 2021
Ignore worked. I've saved at this point, there's a few errors, let me know if you want me to continue and find more, and if there's a format you'd prefer.

Thanks again, I will be looking forward to more updates for it.

Deleted member 289409

Nov 12, 2017
I thought he was talking about Jessica vs Skylar?
There is no forced choice between Jessica's and Skylar's routes. But Jessica does have 1 relationship point you can miss out on early in the game which you may or may not need.

Jessica's Route doesn't start until the end of Episode 2 when you come back from the past. The only way to get locked out of it is if you refuse to let her stay and watch anime with her when you get home and possibly if you missed the earlier relationship point which might be needed to trigger the event.

You just need to make the right choices.

Jestur

Nipples Dev
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 10, 2018
This is why you are having errors. This mod is for 0.3.1 and the official version in the OP is 0.3.6 Public. The mod replaces my variables.rpy with this old list.

The other mod for 0.3.6 by Nexos isn't up to date either. There were changes in the public version and hidden renders were added too. So might also get errors with that mod too and won't get to see any hidden renders either. (That is, if you can find them.)

I can't guarantee the quality of gameplay when using any mods, my suggestion is not to use any mods. Or maybe just open the mod in a code editor and look for the menu choices.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
This is why you are having errors. This mod is for 0.3.1 and the official version in the OP is 0.3.6 Public. The mod replaces my variables.rpy with this old list.

The other mod for 0.3.6 by Nexos isn't up to date either. There were changes in the public version and hidden renders were added too. So might also get errors with that mod too and won't get to see any hidden renders either. (That is, if you can find them.)

I can't guarantee the quality of gameplay when using any mods, my suggestion is not to use any mods. Or maybe just open the mod in a code editor and look for the menu choices.
Dunno who that Nexos poser is, but I've updated to mine to the public one.

Variq

Jul 26, 2020

I'll reinstall it and see how it goes, and thanks agein, great game, will be looking forward to updates as well when they're available.

Reactions: Jestur

Xiphais

Feb 14, 2018
Loved the VN so far until I had to choose between Jessica and Skyler route. Don't get me wrong I'm still enjoying it but I hate having to choose between LIs. I wish I could trade Krystal for Jessica & Skyler duo.

Jestur

Nipples Dev
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 10, 2018
Loved the VN so far until I had to choose between Jessica and Skyler route. Don't get me wrong I'm still enjoying it but I hate having to choose between LIs. I wish I could trade Krystal for Jessica & Skyler duo.
You're not choosing between them. It's asking if you want to risk your relationship. I know a lot people like games with a perfect MC where every girl is instantly okay with you hooking up every other girl, but I like to take a different approach. Are you willing to risk the relationship and work for it or not? Isn't it more satisfying that way then just having everything automatically giving to the player. I understand people not liking the choice but I think having conflicts and working towards a solution is more rewarding in the end. I hope this doesn't turn you off the game and you come back to play future updates. Just remember, there is still a lot of story left and lots a great scenes to come.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
So the intention was never to make the player choose (which means both choices are "correct" to get both girls, depending on what you do later? One choice might be easier?) If so, I'm still good with it. I have enough games where there is no effort to get everyone and if the story is good it's still fun. But I like the extra requirement of needing to make choices to get somewhere and wish more would do that.

I hope the updated text was just that - clarifying that it's not a "choose one and lock out the other" choice but a choice of one relationship as priority over the other, which results in needing to work at recovering the other one - rather than changing the original intention.

Xiphais

Feb 14, 2018
You're not choosing between them. It's asking if you want to risk your relationship. I know a lot people like games with a perfect MC where every girl is instantly okay with you hooking up every other girl, but I like to take a different approach. Are you willing to risk the relationship and work for it or not? Isn't it more satisfying that way then just having everything automatically giving to the player. I understand people not liking the choice but I think having conflicts and working towards a solution is more rewarding in the end. I hope this doesn't turn you off the game and you come back to play future updates. Just remember, there is still a lot of story left and lots a great scenes to come.
I am still enjoying the story and can't wait for future updates. So does that mean that regardless of the choice, the player will get both girls?

4.80 star(s) 288 Votes