Jestur

Nipples Dev
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 10, 2018
Jestur
Has anyone moved into the city from another city, so like is there a chance when going back in time to meet a younger version of everyone.
So like can we see a younger Val or Jackie, or shit what is the crazy womans name again.
Well, we'll just have to see. I don't like giving away spoilers, but we will meet more younger versions of present time characters. The MC did say that Valerie lives in the next town over but... I guess that doesn't mean anything. She could have lived there in the past. :ROFLMAO:

You'll learn more about the characters as the story goes on. We are only 3 episodes in.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Well, we'll just have to see. I don't like giving away spoilers, but we will meet more younger versions of present time characters. The MC did say that Valerie lives in the next town over but... I guess that doesn't mean anything. She could have lived there in the past. :ROFLMAO:

You'll learn more about the characters as the story goes on. We are only 3 episodes in.
I totally understand, but that more than answers my question, even if it isn't specific, knowing there will be chances to meet more of the women when they are younger is really cool, also a smart way to build backstory.

Mar 23, 2020
Just started chapter 2, I thought the first chapter was a little formulaic but I'm really digging it now. MC is clearly his own father, right? It wouldn't surprise me if he's the father of some of the girls too, lmao :HideThePain:

Mathesar

Mar 20, 2018
MC is clearly his own father, right? :HideThePain:
Not necessarily. His mother is already pregnant with him when he goes back in time, and his aunt had already met his father and didn't think MC was him. Slight spoilers for later, but the time portal seems to take him a set amount of time forward or back each time, so he can't go back to a time earlier than he's already been. If he is his father, then he does something significant to change his look and makes a pretty significant change to the time portal.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Not necessarily. His mother is already pregnant with him when he goes back in time, and his aunt had already met his father and didn't think MC was him. Slight spoilers for later, but the time portal seems to take him a set amount of time forward or back each time, so he can't go back to a time earlier than he's already been. If he is his father, then he does something significant to change his look and makes a pretty significant change to the time portal.
Um, isn't Tiffany pregnant with your sister in chapter 2.

Mathesar

Mar 20, 2018
Um, isn't Tiffany pregnant with your sister in chapter 2.
Oh, crap, uh, maybe? I played this thing a couple months ago. Still, MC and his sister are supposed to have the same father. Either MC's mom cheated on his father with him in the past, or the time travel rules change later in the story if MC is his own father.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Oh, crap, uh, maybe? I played this thing a couple months ago. Still, MC and his sister are supposed to have the same father. Either MC's mom cheated on his father with him in the past, or the time travel rules change later in the story if MC is his own father.
I was thinking about this, perhaps what could happen, depending on the timeline, the MC could get his aunt pregnant, she goes to work at the powerplant, but at different times as his father, and Tiffany looks after the MC, until one day his dad and aunt are at work at the same time, and then both die, thus leaving the MC with Tiffany, who out of love for her sister takes you as her son, she could adopt you.

That is assuming the dev doesn't want to make the MC a fucking asshole who cucks his own father, who has been shown as nothing but nice.

blakrovv

Feb 6, 2020
MC and his sister are supposed to have the same father
Nope. MC was born "in a big city" and his mother died during childbirth. He and his father moved to riverside when he was a kid. Later on, he was fostered by Tiffany, who had already split from the dickhead father of Jessica. Tiffany and MC's dad met randomly at the power plant when MC was a kid.

Reactions: longsuper1

skadadle

Jan 20, 2017
This game is excellent.
The renders are awesome, the animations are awesome.
The characters are funny and beautiful.
The story is a bit weird but I think it's because the game is still young.
I am looking forward to playing it when it is done.

The only thing that is bothering me is that the days are too long. As of EP3 part 2, only 3~4 in game days have passed and they are crammed with 20+ H scenes. The scenes are so good though, that I don't really care...

Keep up the good work!

Mathesar

Mar 20, 2018
Nope. MC was born "in a big city" and his mother died during childbirth. He and his father moved to riverside when he was a kid. Later on, he was fostered by Tiffany, who had already split from the dickhead father of Jessica. Tiffany and MC's dad met randomly at the power plant when MC was a kid.
If you're not playing with the incest patch, sure.

Reactions: blakrovv

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
The Only thing bad about some third party patches: sometimes they change main story points. Not every modder has respect for the material over the need for a fetish.
Or, the mod shows one alternate story, unpatched shows another.
With games where the incest makes sense it's common that the story was altered for the unpatched version. One clue to tell whether the mod is altering the story purely for the sake of a fetish is how the characters refer to each other in the unpatched version. When one calls the other his roommate, that's a strong clue that she's supposed to be his sister.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Or, the mod shows one alternate story, unpatched shows another.
With games where the incest makes sense it's common that the story was altered for the unpatched version. One clue to tell whether the mod is altering the story purely for the sake of a fetish is how the characters refer to each other in the unpatched version. When one calls the other his roommate, that's a strong clue that she's supposed to be his sister.
100%. I don't mind the fetish at all and have enjoyed using the patches on them landladyesc stories:)

My only beef is the ones just tacked on without reverence for the story.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
100%. I don't mind the fetish at all and have enjoyed using the patches on them landladyesc stories:)

My only beef is the ones just tacked on without reverence for the story.
I agree, when it's forced in (like someone recently did with Love Season) it's best avoided.

But with Ripples, playing unpatched makes things weird. I remember my first experience of these VNs, with My New Family, not properly reading the description and missing that there was a patch. So I'm going through the story and thinking "wtf is going on? Landlady? Roommate?" It was almost surreal, like I'd wandered into an alternate reality where sexual relations with tenants and roommates were taboo.

Playing Ripples unpatched gives that same bizarre alternate reality feeling. And if it's patched then the story of him being born in a different city to a different father no longer fits. So by necessity the story between patched and unpatched differs.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I agree, when it's forced in (like someone recently did with Love Season) it's best avoided.

But with Ripples, playing unpatched makes things weird. I remember my first experience of these VNs, with My New Family, not properly reading the description and missing that there was a patch. So I'm going through the story and thinking "wtf is going on? Landlady? Roommate?" It was almost surreal, like I'd wandered into an alternate reality where sexual relations with tenants and roommates were taboo.

Playing Ripples unpatched gives that same bizarre alternate reality feeling. And if it's patched then the story of him being born in a different city to a different father no longer fits. So by necessity the story between patched and unpatched differs.
MNF gets even weirder without the patch. Sandy pregnant and talking about bringing a new tenant into the world. Talk about MC's great landlady.

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Anyone figure out where the 7 hidden renders are?
one in yoga scene(during yoga), one in Skylar's scene(during h-scene), one in Krystal's(while looking at laptop pictures), one in Janelle's scene(during fake h-scene), one in Jackie's scene(at the end), one during Darci's scene(during fight tips part), one in MC's room.

These are from last update

4.80 star(s) 294 Votes