ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
I was inspired by all the great sci-fi and time travel media, and yes, Dark was one of them. You will catch references to them as the story goes on. (If you know them).
The main vibe I'm getting from the story at this point is By His Bootstraps. With maybe a touch of All You Zombies.

MC in the present begins tinkering with the time portal, travels to the past multiple times. The implications are strong that he's eventually going to wind up stuck in the past, ultimately becoming his father, and contributing to/sabotaging the project that creates the time portal in the first place, creating a closed loop. Then during the accident in the recent past where dad "dies", what actually happens is that he travels through time again, and his even older self eventually becomes the guy wearing the mask that gives him back his phone and tells him to avoid the time portal. Closed loop after closed loop, with the past not being changed because everything he does in the past is something he always did in the past.

Also seems likely that the "ninja girl" in the present is Darci, having eventually gone with MC back to the lab, traveling back, and interfering (hence the ninja costume to hide who she is).

Other little red flags have popped up as well - when Tiffany mentions being in a fight but someone stopped her, I immediately assumed it was the MC. When she mentions it again later and talks about how the guy reminded her of her son/husband, it feels pretty much confirmed. And Alyssa mentioning that her dad "took off" makes me very, very suspicious of what's going to happen with Scarlett the next time you travel back - seems likely that it was either you, or she was already pregnant from her ex when you met her.

The only downside of a closed-loop scenario is that it makes the MC's future feel inevitable, and not necessarily ending happily... which makes it feel like there isn't going to be a fun happy ending with any of the girls, no matter what choices you make. Unless we ultimately find a way to break the loop for good and reset everything.

Reactions: N66688

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018

Hello Everyone!

No, I didn't mess up with the tiers. I'm releasing the custom renders for October to everyone for this month only. This is one of my favorite times of the year and I'm feeling generous, and I also want to show some love to everyone that has played Ripples, gave a review, talked about it in forums, discord servers, and so on. Thank you, everyone!

The first one is with Darci and Krystal going through a haunted corn maze.
Darci: You're not scared, are you?
Krystal: N-Noo...

The second is Skylar the Vampire, and wow! That one turned out better than it did in my head.

These took a while to make, but it was worth it to take some time off and be creative and mix things up a little bit. I hope you guys like them!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Tried it out, and i really like it... potential to 5/5... will not write a whole review cause its still to early to do it i would say...

Only three days passed in the game so far. As i saw this game released first over a year ago... hopefully its not to ambitious for the DEV. Dont know what the plan is, or if there is already a storyboard with and ending, but at this rate this game will go on very long.

Overall there are nothing bad i can say, very nice renders, good animation and one of very very few games around here with actually good fitting sound and music effects. The story is "ok" but works for the game, so you want to know what happens next...

Only downside, i think there are just too many girls. Most of the games with such many girls have the same problem, not enough time and scenes with the girls to "know" them better and build some real feelings up. Its kinda a problem here too... I really like nearly all the girls, but you just dont have enough time with them, so you just jump into the lewd scenes with them... you dont even have a single date with them beforehand. Its a little weird like that... I prefer games where you can build up a relationship with a girl, know her better and so on... before the actions starts.

I stopped now at the end of episode 2 and decided to wait for more updates to play again. maybe 3-4 more updates i think, will come back for sure cause i got a vibe that this game will be a really good one... but i have to admit, im a little bit over fed with games that arent finished yet... i dont want to play to much unfinished projects just to start over and over again different routes and to refresh my memory... I have about 10 games know that arent finished and where i play another full playthrough when an update is coming out... thats enough... will wait until some of these games are finished for good until i add up new games that arent completed yet. So this one here will go on my "waiting list" for now.

But i have to say, its really nice and iam looking forward to play it someday again, with more updates.

selestiel

Oct 17, 2021
I'm wondering why you are having this error because "ln" is defined and I just checked this scene and I had no errors in either 0.3.6 and 0.3.5. I noticed you are on 0.3.5, so I suggest deleting that build and download 0.3.6 and try it again without any mods or anything. Then if it works, you can try adding mods again, but I can't guarantee the quality with anything other than my official builds.
If all else fails, "ln" is only used for a couple of lines and you can ignore the errors and move on.
Well, I haven't tried with 0.3.6 but in 0.3.5 I had script errors one by one, and to my experiences with renpy games there are total 3 reasons for errors. First most common devs update images with better quality and file format(png->JPEG)(example) and forget to update these changes in script(link errors). Second mc error is when trying to load old saves with new gamever(always alot errors too) and last one is with mods but here is what - you either can play with mod(errorless) or you get gamecrash right after installing the mod there is no other option...(in my experience there were not, I have played >500 renpy games and have only ~120 favorites(10% completed others in dev/abandoned))

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
I was inspired by all the great sci-fi and time travel media, and yes, Dark was one of them. You will catch references to them as the story goes on. (If you know them). I'm glad you enjoyed the game so far. Thanks for playing!
Obviously. When MC went through a cave below a power plant to travel in time and said he lives in Winden the inspiration was quite obvious.

Congratz on a great game so far by the way, I'll be keeping an eye on this with great interest.
Also Skylar's a fucking smoke show, great work on her design.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Jestur

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Gotta say I didn't care much for Krystal throughout the earlier episodes but the cosplay scenes were amazing. Made me realize that it's probably just her hair that makes her look kinda off.
I hope she honestly takes the advice and wears her hair like the "Lora" cosplay more often.
Can't wait for the next episode to see how the story with my dad that super mysterious guy in the hazard suit progresses. :Kappa:

4.80 star(s) 294 Votes