itfod

Apr 16, 2021
I'm the exact opposite, I hope we can torment her more... I hate redemption arcs
Lol, fair! I can kinda understand that. I guess I just look at her as a young, foolish woman who's misguided and trying to maintain whatever control she can, albeit in a bad manner. I just think she has potential redemption progress there, although being able to be torment her more may also be on the cards. Who knows? Only Jestur! :D

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Lol, fair! I can kinda understand that. I guess I just look at her as a young, foolish woman who's misguided and trying to maintain whatever control she can, albeit in a bad manner. I just think she has potential redemption progress there, although being able to be torment her more may also be on the cards. Who knows? Only Jestur! :D
True. I respect your wants, and look forward to more content with her regardless:)

Reactions: itfod

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
I think there are certain lines involved, and once they're crossed my willingness to forgive drastically goes down. Shelby crossed at least a few of those lines, so her humiliation scene is pretty much pure satisfaction. She could probably stand even more humiliation at this point, honestly - it doesn't feel like her karmic debt is fully paid yet, at least for me. At the very least, my standard responses to anything she says/does at this point will be ignore/be rude for most things, savagely tear into her with sarcasm and insightful abuse if she steps out of line.

Short of her coming to a massive unprompted realization of just how much of a turbo-cunt she's been, followed by some extremely dramatic repentence and deliberate acts of humiliating contrition (like literally crawling on hands and knees in front of the whole school and begging people like Darci to forgive her for the terrible shit she's done), my brain can't even begin to process the idea of forgiving her. Especially since there's always going to be the suspicion that she's not being entirely sincere, and that any apologies or gestures of goodwill are just bait for some sort of trap. At minimum, I think I'd need to see most of the other students she's wronged forgive her first.

As for having a place in the harem, about the only way I can kind of see it working for me is if she just full-on breaks and becomes a self-hating masochist and most of her interactions just become me domming the shit out of her, or letting Darci have fun with her. I don't think she deserves a place at the head-pats and hand-holding table.

itfod

Apr 16, 2021
I think there are certain lines involved, and once they're crossed my willingness to forgive drastically goes down. Shelby crossed at least a few of those lines, so her humiliation scene is pretty much pure satisfaction. She could probably stand even more humiliation at this point, honestly - it doesn't feel like her karmic debt is fully paid yet, at least for me. At the very least, my standard responses to anything she says/does at this point will be ignore/be rude for most things, savagely tear into her with sarcasm and insightful abuse if she steps out of line.

Short of her coming to a massive unprompted realization of just how much of a turbo-cunt she's been, followed by some extremely dramatic repentence and deliberate acts of humiliating contrition (like literally crawling on hands and knees in front of the whole school and begging people like Darci to forgive her for the terrible shit she's done), my brain can't even begin to process the idea of forgiving her. Especially since there's always going to be the suspicion that she's not being entirely sincere, and that any apologies or gestures of goodwill are just bait for some sort of trap. At minimum, I think I'd need to see most of the other students she's wronged forgive her first.

As for having a place in the harem, about the only way I can kind of see it working for me is if she just full-on breaks and becomes a self-hating masochist and most of her interactions just become me domming the shit out of her, or letting Darci have fun with her. I don't think she deserves a place at the head-pats and hand-holding table.
True - I'm not saying her redemption should be easy - but I do feel like she deserves the chance at least.

In terms of stupid little girls who have done something really stupid and deserves a swift kick up the backside, she's not on the low scale, but I feel that she's the kind of girl who can grow older and regret her actions and become a better person - I feel like she's not a total thundercunt that is just super entitled and destined to be a future Karen, just a spoilt, possibly hurt young woman who doesn't know how to manage her own pain, and lashes out at people because of it.

I do think she needs to be taken down the rungs a few times, in terms of her arrogance, but do hope there is some potential to see her as a better person, rather than just a mid-tier villain. I also find her character design fairly sexy, so I'm biased in wanting her to be potentially part of the harem. :p

Reactions: longsuper1

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
True - I'm not saying her redemption should be easy - but I do feel like she deserves the chance at least.
For me, it basically comes down to the idea of whether or not that chance is earned or offered.

In some games/stories, the main character offers understanding and a willingness to be friends to the terrible bully/jerk, and then the POWER OF LOVE causes the jerk to suddenly realize how terrible they've been, fills them with remorse, and leads them to want to make amends. In a sense, it's you giving them the chance in the first place that makes them worthy of it. With the implication that it was only you being willing to be the better person that allowed them to overcome their own flaws.

But until she shows me that she deserves the benefit of the doubt, my general attitude to her is just default "Ehh, fuck off bitch." I will never be the one that offers the olive branch, or otherwise tries to see her as anything other than "THE ENEMY" (and to be honest, I suspect her family/father are absolutely going to become the antagonists who are trying to exploit time travel, and who are manipulating Riley and trying to tap your phone). In other words, she has to show a ton of remorse and repentence first, and probably be humiliated or deflated at least a few more times, before I even see the possibility of offering forgiveness.

At best, I'm willing to ignore her and avoid antagonizing her directly, so we exist in a sort of neutral truce unless she makes a move against me or one of my friends (at which point she gets the scorn and massive retaliation).

Earning my sympathy isn't impossible, but she'll have to work hard for it.

itfod

Apr 16, 2021
Earning my sympathy isn't impossible, but she'll have to work hard for it.
Understandable. I think I'm a little more relaxed on the whole reason for redemption - I guess I like to see the potential for improvement more than the necessity for the olive branch to be offered first. To me, there's antagonists that must stay antagonists, and then there's just misguided people.

Oct 31, 2017
Howdy guys! Don't mind me, just got through the site's 503 and found myself highly intrigued as to what the backstory of that banana is.

*rubs hands* This is going to be the most interesting blind play through, I do so believe.

• Haha
Reactions: Jestur

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I feel sorry for her but despite the fact that she's clearly got some major unhappiness in her life that is probably a driving force behind her bullying - that just makes the idea of the MC tormenting her even more desirable. When it comes to adult fantasy, revenge is fun. Using her life situation against her is a major turn on.

Would this MC actually go that far? Maybe. Considering how Shelby has acted in the past, even if she repents now, he may feel that isn't enough to straight up forgive her. But he's also generally a good guy.

Another option is that Shelby turns out to be a willing sub. Based on his encounters with Riley and Jenny, he definitely has dom characteristics. Usually I don't like the "girl reluctantly submits to someone who has power over her then starts wanting and enjoying it because she's naturally a sub" approach but I think it would suit this story more than him going all out for revenge with no redemption at all.

In the end, either way I think Shelby should take the place of a submissive who does what she's told. And at least once before she starts being willing I'd like to see her, as a sign of her repentance, unhappily submit to giving him a blowjob and letting him cum on her face and thanking him for using her (with maybe a reluctant fuck thrown in.) With or without Darci watching (but it will be more humiliating with, and maybe she's taking pictures/video.) Jestur if that's not something you see for the MC, hey, it's your game. Ignore me and my fantasy :). But I think Shelby deserves it.

Of course, perhaps also an alternate nice path for those who would find this unpalatable (or a path where they skip interacting with her much at all.)

I also find her character design fairly sexy, so I'm biased in wanting her to be potentially part of the harem. :p
I find her very sexy. And I also want her as part of the harem. But in the way described, not as a member with full privileges.

Reactions: Jestur and itfod
Oct 31, 2017
I'm honestly shocked at the fact that I never noticed this game before Jestur, but after completing the opening chapter I am really damned happy I stumbled upon it last night, albeit in a rather unorthodox way. To explain my previous post I was browsing the forums for a new game to play, only to get an error that showed me this:

(Placing a spoiler to keep things tidy as it's a bit of a tangent)

As for playing Chapter 1 this afternoon, damn what a good impression you've given me in that introduction. I'm enjoying how all the characters are being introduced, as I'm feeling there's some proper personality & backstory thought out for each one rather than just boxes being ticked on fetish/trope checklist then treated as future sex-scenes. Hell, I got a good laugh in with how you introduced Brad in the classroom (plus the wicked side-eye he was getting), and the verbal abuse thrown at that car? Jaysis, I'm still chuckling about that.

Gushing aside now, the writing is most certainly good and you've got me very interested as to where things are headed. Remember I'm walking into this completely blind, the only thing I know being that one of the ladies is a fan of her potassium. So far you've definitely done it right, and to give you further credit I'll remind you I haven't downloaded the incest patch (as I'm assuming it's still a valid one). While I can take a guess as to how who is really related to whom and in what manner, there's the fact that: a) I'm not 100% sure in my guesses, and b) the premise you came up with in the intro text blurbs sounds credible enough to be the 'true' story. To me this points to effort being put into places that the majority of people won't even notice, because if I may now address the general audience: How many of you noticed this little typo in Chapter 1?
screenshot0001.png

To summarize: I'm thinking that Dev has a good eye for visuals, a knack for good writing & humour, and can put a full ass' worth of effort into the work (even in places where most people won't even see it). I might be speaking ahead of myself, but sign me up as a fan as I'm already seeing myself playing through this more multiple times.

... Seriously though, how the hell did I never notice this game before?!

Jestur

Nipples Dev
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 10, 2018
I'm honestly shocked at the fact that I never noticed this game before Jestur, but after completing the opening chapter I am really damned happy I stumbled upon it last night, albeit in a rather unorthodox way. To explain my previous post I was browsing the forums for a new game to play, only to get an error that showed me this:

(Placing a spoiler to keep things tidy as it's a bit of a tangent)

As for playing Chapter 1 this afternoon, damn what a good impression you've given me in that introduction. I'm enjoying how all the characters are being introduced, as I'm feeling there's some proper personality & backstory thought out for each one rather than just boxes being ticked on fetish/trope checklist then treated as future sex-scenes. Hell, I got a good laugh in with how you introduced Brad in the classroom (plus the wicked side-eye he was getting), and the verbal abuse thrown at that car? Jaysis, I'm still chuckling about that.

Gushing aside now, the writing is most certainly good and you've got me very interested as to where things are headed. Remember I'm walking into this completely blind, the only thing I know being that one of the ladies is a fan of her potassium. So far you've definitely done it right, and to give you further credit I'll remind you I haven't downloaded the incest patch (as I'm assuming it's still a valid one). While I can take a guess as to how who is really related to whom and in what manner, there's the fact that: a) I'm not 100% sure in my guesses, and b) the premise you came up with in the intro text blurbs sounds credible enough to be the 'true' story. To me this points to effort being put into places that the majority of people won't even notice, because if I may now address the general audience: How many of you noticed this little typo in Chapter 1?
View attachment 1476223

To summarize: I'm thinking that Dev has a good eye for visuals, a knack for good writing & humour, and can put a full ass' worth of effort into the work (even in places where most people won't even see it). I might be speaking ahead of myself, but sign me up as a fan as I'm already seeing myself playing through this more multiple times.

... Seriously though, how the hell did I never notice this game before?!
They used the Riley banana screenshot as their 503 error page? :KEK:
That's awesome!

And I'm happy it led you to playing the game because it's sounds like you enjoyed it and I'm glad for that.
Thank you for all the nice things you said about Ripples. It gives me that little push to keep pushing forward and do what I love. I'm getting closer to finishing ep4 and I'm really excited to know what you guys think of it.
Thanks again! :)

Edit: I went ahead and fixed that typo. Thanks for pointing that out. I think I know what I did. I wanted to erase all mentions of landlady and I messed it up in spots. It's just lady now. This time I am going to have a profession proofreader go over the whole script before release, so hopefully there won't be many typos next time.

Jestur

Nipples Dev
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 10, 2018
Any update from Jestur on the potential ETA of the next release?
Keep an eye on my discord. There's a progress bar in announcements channel. Also any other news.
I think I'm around 75-80% done with ep4 and hopefully you guys don't have to wait too much longer. Only a couple more scenes do to, then final touches and then testing.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Edit: I went ahead and fixed that typo. Thanks for pointing that out. I think I know what I did. I wanted to erase all mentions of landlady and I messed it up in spots. It's just lady now. This time I am going to have a profession proofreader go over the whole script before release, so hopefully there won't be many typos next time.
I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say : We'll deal with "landyland" if it means there won't be a proofreading delay. :ROFLMAO:

Jokes aside, it's nice (and obvious) when a developer cares about their finished product as much as you do. It makes for a top-tier game. (y)

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
I feel like in incest games, the mom's approach should be in a blueballing way. As its taboo it creates more interest and more tension between the mc and the mom. Its about the taboo nature that adds more spiciness to the story. If the mc straight up fucks the mom after a while then it doesn't keep that "special"
It also makes a bit more sense, when you realize an older adult woman who is only just starting to see you "as a man" is probably going to be more resistant to the idea of breaking that sort of taboo than a sister who may have grown up idolizing you or having "when we grow up I'm going to marry my brother!" moments. The mother is always going to have to overcome more baggage than sisters, brothers, aunts, cousins, etc, so it probably should be the longest slow-burn path.

Tor7

Jun 10, 2021
Going through my first play through and I like a lot of these characters. Got to the point I had to stop and come to this page to see if this game is a haram game. NO FREAKIN' HAREM TAG!!!!! Please tell me this game is going to be a harem game! Please please please! If I actually have to decide or if I start breaking some of these girls hearts, I'm going to cry!

Tiffany + Valerie = AWESOME!
Skylar (My favorite) + Jessica (haven't had much with her yet) = MOST LIKELY AWESOME!
Alyssa (I think) + ... Alice (I think) + her mom = SOOO MUCH AWESOME!

And I'm not sure if a dark scene with Shelby (break her and make her a pet) would be appropriate or not... felt a little bad at the phone store scene, but damn, she did deserve it.

Who am I missing? I'm probably missing someone... oh Darci. Eh, she's okay, Jackie, on the other hand...!!! There's some fun waiting to happen. Damn. This is a fun game. Keep up the good work! AND YOU BETTER MAKE THIS A HAREM GAME TOO! (my bad if I missed something at some point, I try not to read threads until I've finished my first play through... ever since THE major scene was spoiled in Acting Lessons.)

Reactions: Jestur

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
NO FREAKIN' HAREM TAG!!!!! Please tell me this game is going to be a harem game! Please please please! If I actually have to decide or if I start breaking some of these girls hearts, I'm going to cry!
How Jestur said time ago, will be a harem if you'll do the right choices. And will be a different harem too because not all girls will accept instantly MC with another girl ;)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Tor7 and Jestur
4.80 star(s) 299 Votes