Oct 31, 2017
Pardon me for adding to your workload again Jestur, but I've got another little niggle that's likely a non-issue for most people here but should be mentioned: you might want to add a character limit to the name entry in the introduction. Why do I bring it up? Well, after starting my new run, my ego kind of got the best of me, and, uhh, you see...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

A highly unlikely issue for sure, but a quick one to take care of. adding "length=12" to the two lines in intro.rpy should do the trick, and quickly testing it myself didn't go breaking any saves. Anyway, I'll stop trying to poke holes in your game now, and start playing it properly like everyone else is.

Oh, god. I'm the Riley of the thread, aren't I?

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Pardon me for adding to your workload again Jestur
You're slowing him down!!!
I've got another little niggle that's likely a non-issue for most people here but should be mentioned: you might want to add a character limit to the name entry in the introduction. Why do I bring it up? Well, after starting my new run, my ego kind of got the best of me, and, uhh, you see...

A highly unlikely issue for sure, but a quick one to take care of. adding "length=12" to the two lines in intro.rpy should do the trick, and quickly testing it myself didn't go breaking any saves. Anyway, I'll stop trying to poke holes in your game now, and start playing it properly like everyone else is.

Oh, god. I'm the Riley of the thread, aren't I?
On a more serious (or not) note : That's actually hilarious. I name every single one of my H-Game characters "McBigDick HugePenis" (first name is all one "word", pronounced as if he was Scottish, not MC-Big-Dick), usually for stupidly obvious reasons in most games, but I may actually have to change things up now. Fantastic "name" you came up with there, and I'm actually really surprised you noticed that. :ROFLMAO:

Oct 31, 2017
On a more serious (or not) note : That's actually hilarious. I name every single one of my H-Game characters "McBigDick HugePenis" (first name is all one "word", pronounced as if he was Scottish, not MC-Big-Dick), usually for stupidly obvious reasons in most games, but I may actually have to change things up now. Fantastic "name" you came up with there, and I'm actually really surprised you noticed that. :ROFLMAO:
To be honest, it was a pretty fun moment when I found this out. I can't remember which game exactly it was, but it asked me to come up with a safe word for a girl. I went from "How many A's can I put in 'BLAAAAAARG!!'" to "How much of "It's a Small World" can I fit in here?" before discovering that character limits are not a thing in Renpy unless you specify one beforehand.

I've been testing this out on games ever since.

While I was definitely lucky how well that screen lined up, let me tell you that things really get screwy when you're at that length of a name. Here's what it looks like when the MC speaks:
As you can see, it's slightly less than ideal for serious playing. Then again, perhaps I'm being a little conservative suggesting a limit of 12 characters (it would cut it to Snookums D'A), and maybe instead Jestur coul-
You're slowing him down!!!
- message received, shutting up. :censored:

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Got to the point I had to stop and come to this page to see if this game is a haram game.
Technically I'd say pretty much all games on this site are absolutely haram.
Depends on how seriously you take your religion of course.

Also I'm gonna need some more Valerie in my next update, I would be very grateful if you could make that happen. TIA.
And even if her motives are questionable, Riley was damn hot too. Hope there's gonna be some more story scenes with her in the future ifyouknowwhatimean. :HideThePain:

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017

Also I'm gonna need some more Valerie in my next update, I would be very grateful if you could make that happen. TIA.
And even if her motives are questionable, Riley was damn hot too. Hope there's gonna be some more story scenes with her in the future ifyouknowwhatimean. :HideThePain:
Dammit, now I want bacon. :giggle: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: DirtyMario

Tor7

Jun 10, 2021
I was going to argue that Leap of Faith wasn't, but you can get in at least 2 different threesomes, sooooo, as much as I would not call it a haram, I'm sure someone would say so. DMD, Melody, ... dang. Only one completed game I've played had no haram and that's because there was only one character besides the MC. It was a short game, wasn't all the great and I deleted it afterwards. Don't remember the name now either.

And if you need a petition signed to get more Valerie, I'm on board for that too.

Reactions: DirtyMario

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
I was going to argue that Leap of Faith wasn't, but you can get in at least 2 different threesomes, sooooo, as much as I would not call it a haram, I'm sure someone would say so. DMD, Melody, ... dang. Only one completed game I've played had no haram and that's because there was only one character besides the MC. It was a short game, wasn't all the great and I deleted it afterwards. Don't remember the name now either.

And if you need a petition signed to get more Valerie, I'm on board for that too.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
A highly unlikely issue for sure, but a quick one to take care of. adding "length=12" to the two lines in intro.rpy should do the trick, and quickly testing it myself didn't go breaking any saves.
There's a part of me that wants to rebel against this idea if only because only 12 characters feels like it's too small for some people. Like, sure, a ridiculously long name can cause problems (though on some level, it's always going to be a problem you cause for yourself), but I also know how utterly frustrating it can be when you want to name someone/something in a video game and it tells you that you're a couple characters short of being able to fit your full name. So then you either wind up having to lop off the last few letters, or completely rethink what name you want to use.

I mean, if "Count Von Hugedick" can't put his full name in, he's gonna flip a table.

Reactions: snookums.d.panda
Oct 31, 2017
There's a part of me that wants to rebel against this idea if only because only 12 characters feels like it's too small for some people.
Crap, I see how I goofed in choosing 12. I posted while I still had the code open in front of me showing lines for First & Last names, completely forgetting in the moment that MC's last name is more in flavour text territory rather than something that's constantly shown.

So while 12 is usually the norm for First/Last name, I guess the documentation's example of 32 works as it would cut my previous buffoonery to "Snookums D'Artagnon Panda, Wield". If that's not enough (I'm looking at you there @snookums), I know 'Bane of Character' hits 72 characters, so a nice round 70 should keep things centered whenever MC speaks, give or take 1 if you want to make things "Nice." Likely to be a right pain in the ass when it comes to testing the formatting though.

[Cue Jestur, having just coded it, walking in and reading this. Yelling "Goddamned Pandas!", he storms out to go code it again.]

Oh, while I've already got the post slot reserved here, may I ask about the general thread etiquette when it comes to talking about the plot/characters? I'm noticing a lot of Vaseline smudged across some posts here (another good use for it, I suppose), and I'm curious on if there's a settled upon Gentlemen's Agreement in play.

Last edited:

Shipfan66

Mar 24, 2019
Hopefully this hasn't already been asked (i'm not used to the mobile site, sorry), but does the android version need the i-patch? I normally play on pc soni'm a bit lost rn :/

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020
Reactions: Spfjolietjake
4.80 star(s) 294 Votes