quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Oh, while I've already got the post slot reserved here, may I ask about the general thread etiquette when it comes to talking about the plot/characters? I'm noticing a lot of Vaseline smudged across some posts here (another good use for it, I suppose), and I'm curious on if there's a settled upon Gentlemen's Agreement in play.
General etiquette is that if you're posting something that might reveal major plot points or anything someone might wish to find out for themselves (e.g., why does Skylar's mother dislike the MC,) put it in a spoiler.

You can do this two ways: ispoiler (in []) will give you the smudged text. I use this frequently when I want to obscure only part of what I am writing and give a hint to readers whether they might already know what's smudged out. Or spoiler (again in []) if you have a coherent block of text you want hidden. spoiler is also good when posting large images, and Ren'Py error logs because it collapses into a button that says "Spoiler." Close either of them with the same text in [] except a "/" in front of the word.

You may slip up (I'm sure I have) and accidentally reveal something you didn't intend. Unless it's a super major plot point (e.g., the highly unlikely speculation that the MC is his own father and that of all the girls) I wouldn't worry about it.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Excellent game. Well made. I hit a few missing scenes, but comments here indicate that they were added to the public release and I'm playing a modded compressed game. So that's on me. The girls/women are attractive and provide interesting personalities. Quality renders and animations. Fun to play. Very engaging and a lot of content.

Time travel storylines are tough to pull off. I look forward to see how it's developed. Can't wait for the next update. Thanks for your hard work.

Oct 31, 2017
Thanks for the answer quorkboy, this just happens to be one of the few threads I've stumbled upon that seemed to be mindful of spoilers so I figured I'd quickly check where the line was. Also thanks for preempting my follow up question as I never realized the ispoiler code was a thing, but I do love me the giving the "BAM! Text wall" impression that a good ol' spoiler tag can do.

Speaking of...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

While on that topic, seriously good job on the, umm, I guess 'Vanilla' side of the story as the extra effort is paying off. "Landyland" aside, the almost complete lack of the Landlady/Roommate terms throughout the plot comes off as a helluva lot more natural that the usual Find/Replace style job does, and has avoided just about all the unintentional hilarity that comes from playing an incest game minus the patch (I'm including games with the "This woman is your M----/S----" choices in that group, as things quickly fall apart when when it comes to your Mandolin Tuner & Social Media Director. (Oh sure, you can give it the ol' Spaceballs reference, but that one gets old quick.))

And while this is typically the part of the post where one makes story suggestions/requests, I'm gonna opt out of that. No disrespect to anyone here, but I find that goes about as well as asking a monkey's paw for a pony. I'm enjoying the story as is, to the point I'm taking my time & taking note of all the little details that were put in there, and I'm looking forward to what comes next.

That, and I figure my previous use of 'Banana Protagonist' disqualifies me from any and all creative suggestions.

Reactions: Jestur

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
While on that topic, seriously good job on the, umm, I guess 'Vanilla' side of the story as the extra effort is paying off. "Landyland" aside, the almost complete lack of the Landlady/Roommate terms throughout the plot comes off as a helluva lot more natural that the usual Find/Replace style job does
What? You mean you don't like the constant "roomie" crap you find in most games? I mean, how else would you refer to the individual you happen to be living with and also fucking on the side? By name? What lunacy!

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
You know, with all this "Landyland" talk I wouldn't be at all surprised to find Jestur making some sort of reference to it in an update at some point. Like the MC can see a classified ad for an apartment or internet post or something referring to it for shits and giggles. It could be an inside joke for the filthy pirates of F95! :ROFLMAO:

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
You know, with all this "Landyland" talk I wouldn't be at all surprised to find Jestur making some sort of reference to it in an update at some point. Like the MC can see a classified ad for an apartment or internet post or something referring to it for shits and giggles. It could be an inside joke for the filthy pirates of F95!
Landyland is a popular theme park in Kenosha, Wisconsin. It was founded by Joseph Landy, based on his wacky and vaugely racist comic strip characters from the 1920s.

Sharktopus13

Aug 3, 2021
Just finished my first play through, have to say for a game with time travel elements it really keeps you guessing, at first I was thinking it was more "Back to the Future."
Then I was thinking, holy crap they're Going full on "Red Dwarf." Now I just don't know anymore,just excited for the next update.
Still hoping for a Bootstrap Paradox.

Xiongmao

Game Developer
Oct 13, 2021
Played this over the last two weeks and I really enjoyed it. Good comedy, especially Darci and the school stuff.
Wasn't sure about the Half Life 2 storyline (haven't actually played half life, but somehow I guess and believe it's probably similar) but it worked out quite well so far.

• Angry
Reactions: Hardcore1234

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Played this over the last two weeks and I really enjoyed it. Good comedy, especially Darci and the school stuff.
Wasn't sure about the Half Life 2 storyline (haven't actually played half life, but somehow I guess and believe it's probably similar) but it worked out quite well so far.
I've smoked a lot of weed but I don't remember any time travelling shit ninjas in Half Life 2, just saying. :unsure:

4.80 star(s) 294 Votes