JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
By which file can I translate this game into another language? please tell me the game language file o_O
Generally with Ren'py games you have a folder games\tl with a folder under there for each language translation. Each language will have a file with the text to be replaced for the various .rpy scripts in the main game.

LK2FK

Mar 27, 2020
This is no longer needed as Ren'Py 8.1.3 has it natively.

The videos seem to use a lot of CPU on decode/playback. Free up more CPU by closing your browser in particular plus anything else that's eating up cycles. Of course if your CPU is shitty enough, like mine, that won't be enough.

You can try a custom built ffmpeg MMX enabled Ren'Py lib/ for either Linux or Windows. Caveat is I built it without any of the SDKs. It did have a seg fault with Jessica's poke video (worked 2nd time), but it seemed fine otherwise. I did not replay the entire game with it. YMMV.

Linux users may need to rename Ripples-0.4.5-pc/lib/py3-linux-x86_64/renpy to Ripples-0.4.5-pc/lib/py3-linux-x86_64/Ripples.
Windows users do nothing :WaitWhat: or possibly rename & move Ripples-0.4.5-pc/lib/py3-windows-x86_64/renpy.exe to Ripples-0.4.5-pc/Ripples.exe.
Custom lib - MMX enabled, but no SDKs (Ren'Py 8.0.x)[Linux/Win]

Download (28 meg) PIXELDRAIN /

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
86ce883a6c9ee7c3e84a27c414d0fbe7e142e88ccf2482a9dedfd54fffc82149 renpy-8.0.3-noSDKs-mmx.zip
I am playing Golden Mean and the animations are very bad in the game. With your solution plays like it should, very smooth. Thx a million! Cheers!

• Hey there
Reactions: gojira667

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Here are the specifics from Jestur's Dev Log of July 13, 2024:

Hello!

I know it's been longer than usual that I haven't posted another Dev Update, but I wanted to finish the last scene and all the art before reporting anything. I wanted to make sure I accomplished something and had good news. And that good news is here.
I have finished everything and only need to worry about proofreading and testing now. Yes, testing had begun on the same day of the last Dev Update. The testers were given an incomplete version with 4/5ths of the update to start on while I finished the rest. They have all reported back with their errors and typos, and I need to go through and correct them on my end now. After that, I'll make a more complete build and bring in more testers for a final round of testing before releasing. At the end of that final round of testing, I'll post release dates for the update.

As for the final scene I've been working on the past month? It turned out really good! I mean, this scene is hot! I made it a little bit longer than I originally wrote but it's worth it. I completed about 40 animations for the scene alone in the last month. So I've been working hard on it, and I like the way it turned out.
So, the next post should be release dates. Not much longer now. The image count is now almost 1600, the animation count is 121, and the new lines of code are close to 9000. I will have a more official count soon.

Have a nice day, everyone!
-Jestur

Cheers!! :coffee:

KLondon

Jul 13, 2024
Amazing game, and most important - the story! Waiting for the next updates and wonder what it will bring us :)

4.80 star(s) 300 Votes