Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I know nothing abut animation, is there a reason one wouldn't just upgrade to Honey Select 2?
You can't directly port HS1 models to HS2, for one. Which means dev will have to recreate all of his existing models from scratch. Lighting also works a bit differently in HS2 iirc, so dev will have to relearn that. Finally, not every HS1 map/asset used for the game has a port in HS2, so certain areas/items will have to be written out of the story until they get ported (which takes time) or dev finds a substitute.

TL;DR, switch is basically too much work that he might as well save it for the next game.

Westinaction

Apr 7, 2018
Imo not every HS game needs to be done in HS2, HS1 games with mods and good lightning can look very good like this one and Pale Carnations.
I'm wondering if there are even any examples yet of a HS2 game out that looks better or runs smoother than a well modded HS1 game. Carnations and Ripples are some of the best looking games on this site, especially their latest updates.

aereton

Digital Hedonist Games
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
Ooh, that's true! Eternum is absolutely gorgeous. We're really spoiled, as GPUs get stronger along with more and better mods being made, these games will only improve in quality. And when VR starts to kick off...
Who's gonna take "world's 1st virtual novel"?

Pax Draconis

Aug 18, 2023
I'm wondering if there are even any examples yet of a HS2 game out that looks better or runs smoother than a well modded HS1 game. Carnations and Ripples are some of the best looking games on this site, especially their latest updates.
There's also DreamLink that's done in HS2 that looks good. I can't consider the game good though. The problem with that one though is that I find the plot and dialogue kind of boring.

AVNTester2

Nov 13, 2023
There's also DreamLink that's done in HS2 that looks good. I can't consider the game good though. The problem with that one though is that I find the plot and dialogue kind of boring.
If you can look past the "Inspiration" it took from another Game here on this Site...

Pax Draconis

Aug 18, 2023
If you can look past the "Inspiration" it took from another Game here on this Site...
It's more "The Matrix" or .Hack than Eternum considering there's not multiple realities rather just one dude who's probably strapped into a machine and dreaming. I never said it was a good game, just has pretty renders since the question was asked about good examples of HS2. Jestur already said that he wasn't going to switch over though since he began Ripples in HS1. This is probably the best rendered HS1 game.

Last edited:

AVNTester2

Nov 13, 2023
It's more "The Matrix" or .Hack than Eternum considering there's not multiple realities rather just one dude who's probably strapped into a machine and dreaming. I never said it was a good game, just has pretty renders since the question was asked about good examples of HS2. Jestur already said that he wasn't going to switch over though since he began Ripples in HS1.
My Gripe with it is how the Dev closely copied the Beginning from Eternum and when People called him out for it he denied ever having something to do with Eternum like he made it up. Another User had Photo Evidence how it copied Eternum closely with Scenes from Eternum and the recreated Dreamlink Scene, it should still be here somewhere on the Forum. But I think we should stop now as this is going Off topic now

Last edited:

Westinaction

Apr 7, 2018
It'd be cool if Jestur did some streams of him working on shots, especially if they're just non-canon throwaway commissions. As much as people call DarkCookie a milker, I've always appreciated how he lets people watch his workflow and see how he makes his art. I can't recall seeing any high level Daz3d or HS/KK artist show off their process.

Reactions: Green83rry

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
It'd be cool if Jestur did some streams of him working on shots, especially if they're just non-canon throwaway commissions. As much as people call DarkCookie a milker, I've always appreciated how he lets people watch his workflow and see how he makes his art. I can't recall seeing any high level Daz3d or HS/KK artist show off their process.
He does them, when it's not crunch time, when supporters ask him, and if Jupiter is in Leo while Mercury is in retrograde. They're rare, and I've always just missed them, like he'll be wrapping up a stream when I check the server. Frustrating, but I'm not sure how much value I'd get from it since I don't know jack about Honey Select.

Norome28

Dec 5, 2020
No chance...you should find it out yourself, or maybe if you ask him how he do the magic, maybe he would give you the answer you want...

Reactions: Westinaction
4.80 star(s) 299 Votes