Dr. Mick

Nov 21, 2017
Tried with search, but no straight answer.
Will there be a harem?
Considering that early game you have to choose between Skylar or Jess, it's pretty definitive that it won't be an all-inclusive harem.
While the MC has been able to be with multiple women, without major consequences, it feels like eventually you'll have to make a choice. Only time will tell if that's the case, it's simply how it seems.

OnlyWorthyDevsMakeMoney

Oct 31, 2021
Considering that early game you have to choose between Skylar or Jess, it's pretty definitive that it won't be an all-inclusive harem.
While the MC has been able to be with multiple women, without major consequences, it feels like eventually you'll have to make a choice. Only time will tell if that's the case, it's simply how it seems.
Thanks, then I can ignore this game without second tought :)

• Haha
Reactions: The Senior Perv

Dr. Mick

Nov 21, 2017
Thanks, then I can ignore this game without second tought :)
:FacePalm:
your loss
Have to agree with Pitrik.
If the only reason you would play the game is for a harem, then yes it's probably better that you don't.
Unfortunately, that means you're going to miss out on a great story, some fantastic characters, and fun times with very sexy ladies.

I enjoy harem games, and while this may not be a traditional harem, you can still have a lot of time with a number of women throughout. It's a shame to miss out on a fantastic visual novel for one rather small technicality, but it's ultimately your choice.

OnlyWorthyDevsMakeMoney

Oct 31, 2021
Have to agree with Pitrik.
If the only reason you would play the game is for a harem, then yes it's probably better that you don't.
Unfortunately, that means you're going to miss out on a great story, some fantastic characters, and fun times with very sexy ladies.

I enjoy harem games, and while this may not be a traditional harem, you can still have a lot of time with a number of women throughout. It's a shame to miss out on a fantastic visual novel for one rather small technicality, but it's ultimately your choice.
The thing is that I hate when forced to choose between LIs. It has to be my decision to choose, not a forced one.

Reactions: MECKATZER

Dr. Mick

Nov 21, 2017
The thing is that I hate when forced to choose between LIs. It has to be my decision to choose, not a forced one.
I mean...outside if the Jessica/Skylar choice it has kinda been a harem game so far... :HideThePain:
As Takkatakka pointed out, there has really only been one choice as of yet, and it's very early on.
After that you have pretty much free rein with the love interests so far.

I admit I was disappointed when I had to choose between the two, but that has taken such a backseat to the rest of the story since then, that I barely remember that early choice anymore. In fact, at this point in the story you've progressed so far beyond that, and don't see much of either of them. Partially because you've spent a good chunk of time in the past, and been with so many other ladies since then, so the choice seems less meaningful presently.

Reactions: Takkatakka

pitao

May 18, 2023
Life sucks, that's why when playing AVNs I only look for full harem ones without NTR. Life is hard by definition, so why bother replicate it in a game?
I agree partly and I'm also very fond of harem games (specially when done right) but I also enjoy games where you can have "fun" with all or almost all the LI's (and side girls) and you have to chose in the end or near the end (like City of Broken Dreamers) and have solo endings and/or throuples or even more than that (like Bare Witness). But I also enjoy the ones with single LI's path locked early on even though those usually take up lot of time/saves/playthroughs just to see all the content I want to experience.

But Ripples besides that (being a "manwhore" and enjoying all the LI's with a mod), I really enjoy this game for the story and plot and how well is written, the dialogues and it is also funny at times, for the sci-fi aspect, for how amazed I get watching Jestur work on little animations and render transitions that aren't all lewd, there are little animations (the one that the MC throws rocks to the time machine, is simple and is always on my mind) of fight scenes or interaction between characters specially with our best friend Darcy that are fun and funny. This is a special very immersive game and a great AVN even if didn't had the "A" on the acronym hahaha. Will be a masterpiece of a HS1 game (and to remember and set a bar on how they should be made) once it is finished for sure.

Last edited:

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
Tried with search, but no straight answer.
Will there be a harem?
Commented on this before, so just quoting my answer from last time.

My understanding is that Jestur has said the game is "harem-ish", but not a lot of other details.

What exactly that means is anyone's guess. Maybe you can get all the main LIs but not side ones. Maybe a few main LIs are mutually exclusive. Maybe it's just related to some LIs being temporarily exclusive. Maybe some of the LIs from outside the present time aren't able to be part of the harem. Or maybe Jestur is just keeping some things vague intentionally. Etc.
I will say that as of right now, there's only 2 mutually exclusive LIs, and from what I've heard this is a temporary state. In other words, the one you don't pick seems to just be "delayed" rather than permanently closed off.

Edit: Couple relevant Discord comments:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
I understand the "life is hard, I don't want my entertainment to be also" argument. It's why I don't watch earnestly serious film and tv dramas in which characters experience horrible tragedies and suffering.

But I don't understand why it is sometimes applied indiscriminately to eliminate any sense of effort or seriousness or "loss". Anything with choices must be played with a walkthrough to avoid the slightest chance of a "wrong" choice, or preferably there must be no "wrong" choices available. No matter how many LIs there are, not getting every single one (unless some aren't to your taste) is unacceptable.

To me, always getting everything in every AVN isn't satisfying (not saying I don't enjoy that, some great AVNs make it easy to get everyone if you want them, but it's boring when every story is that). I sometimes want it to matter what I choose. Choosing Jessica over Skylar was difficult, even knowing that if I did the right things after, I could (probably) get both. Knowing that at some point I may find that choices I've made mean I get a subset of the girls and that might not be exactly the subset I wanted, this is fun! It doesn't have the same stakes as real life but it has stakes that mean I am more engaged. What happens now with Jessica is more exciting because it came at the expense of missing content with Skylar.

To equate this with the hard choices and real consequences of life makes no sense to me. If life could be anything like an AVN where I might get only one girl at the end but in the meantime I can have fun with a whole host of hot women who all lust after me and unless I'm a complete asshole idiot I'm going to end up with at least one of these awesome women and we'll fuck and live happily ever after then sign me the fuck up!

And in my mind it would make life harder to skip a potentially great and fun experience because it doesn't offer the simplest and easiest path. Whether I end up with every single girl in Ripples that I want, the experience has made my life more enjoyable.

Reactions: Dunner and Dr. Mick
4.80 star(s) 322 Votes