Float_Fish

May 11, 2022
No, there was no error message, it just doesn't start. That's fine if I can run it off the 1.2 exe, but they're not the same file size which implies they're not quite the same?
I some times had that happen with RPG Maker games of different RPG Maker systems. I found that a quick reboot can clear up that issue, especially if the respective RPG Maker program itself doesn't run.

AntiTsundere

Sep 10, 2018
After getting both to level 4, choosing to corrupt yukako by herself first, then later going to the cell (after the test) to finish Rina's corruption makes your character permanently invisible. Seems like there was supposed to be some cell dialogue between the two maybe?

Feb 8, 2019
the things I notice when I played version 1.9

-Yukako is spelled "yukako" in the party. (small thing but noticable)

-Rina and Yukako have no photo images in the party menu

-Rina and Yukako's equipment are both not available (Where the heck we can get equipment for these two, they are practically naked. Not to mention future party members)

-Yukako's succubus look (hair color in particular) is more or less the same with Misaki, only with smaller wings (Was hoping she had a similar case to Rina's Redhead/Reddish Succubus look, which you got it right. A "Blonddish/Yellowish Succubus" since she was originally blonde, maybe?). Besides, Misako has already claimed the "Violet/Purple "Succubus Queen" look for herself.

-Rina and Yukako's Job class could have been more specific or better along a variation of their spells and skills (I mean "Succubus Knight" is fine but should have been limited to Rina, since she uses a sword. Yukako should have a different yet similar Job class, "Succubus Bishop" maybe. And is this mean that all future corrupted party members will have "Succubus Knight" as a class as well?).

-Rina and Yukako's Description in the status menu is empty.

Reactions: Float_Fish

Umarius

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2017
the things I notice when I played version 1.9

-Yukako is spelled "yukako" in the party. (small thing but noticable)

-Rina and Yukako have no photo images in the party menu

-Rina and Yukako's equipment are both not available (Where the heck we can get equipment for these two, they are practically naked. Not to mention future party members)

-Yukako's succubus look (hair color in particular) is more or less the same with Misaki, only with smaller wings (Was hoping she had a similar case to Rina's Redhead/Reddish Succubus look, which you got it right. A "Blonddish/Yellowish Succubus" since she was originally blonde, maybe?). Besides, Misako has already claimed the "Violet/Purple "Succubus Queen" look for herself.

-Rina and Yukako's Job class could have been more specific or better along a variation of their spells and skills (I mean "Succubus Knight" is fine but should have been limited to Rina, since she uses a sword. Yukako should have a different yet similar Job class, "Succubus Bishop" maybe. And is this mean that all future corrupted party members will have "Succubus Knight" as a class as well?).

-Rina and Yukako's Description in the status menu is empty.
Everything you listed aside from the one about Yukako's appearance are fixed by starting a new game. Those fixes/changes don't seem to carry over from older saves, so a new game is required.

Feb 8, 2019
Everything you listed aside from the one about Yukako's appearance are fixed by starting a new game. Those fixes/changes don't seem to carry over from older saves, so a new game is required.
Will the changes be carried out even when i used a older version and just replaced the "www" folder? since the new versions don't work for me

vickze

Nov 10, 2018
The choice of Romano's fate seems to be important. Would that choice have a big part on the future?
Without want to give too much spoilers.. From all the options. Give him to her seems the worst mistake that you can make.. Choosing one of the 2 options that ends giving him to her
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Give someone who HATES YOU and could unlock a strong power to your enemy?? Great Mistake.
Have part of her army here seems better option.. If one woman is in charge of that army you can manipulate her. The rest are simple subbordinates.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2021
V0.1.9 is out for tiers 3 & 4 patrons on Patreon. The public release will be on Tuesday, November 21st.
Content included:
Finally able to make the downtime to type this down. The largest update yet, and for good reasons -- let's get to it.

- I appreciate the solo corruption events as a choice, but as expected taking the double event is the only option. It highlights how even at the depths of corruption and after their personality have been warped by exposure to the Dark Lord's corruption and pleasure, Yukako and Rina still think of each other and care for one another (kinda sweet, actually). But more than that, I appreciate it because the blow to Romanos's ego and will is just that much stronger when the two of them turn against him at the same time, haha. It is also incredibly amusing that Yukako and Rina are ultimately convinced to submit themselves to the Dark Lord not simply for pleasure, but because in some way they can see it as a positive thing and because of pure spite for Romanos. Spite is one hell of a motivator, and I like that in action.

- Moving to Yukako and Rina's designs post corruption, I find the overall designs nice (and certainly convenient for various purposes), but Yukako could probably use a brighter hair color to match her original blonde (mixing more white) to distinguish her more from Misaki. I really like Rina's shade of hair in comparison; fits her eyes.

- Rina being a dark knight immediately goes to add her input to the Dark Lord's army, while Yukako waits for the opportunity to promote a religion. It seems like you are already conducting a poll to decide on this, so I will refrain from commenting and keep them for suggestions.

- For the final compliance event of Vlester, I actually find it kinda... underwhelming? The first quest with the noble has more EXP bags- er, rebel soldiers which the player goes through. Could have used more of a challenge, given it's their last stand. It's also a good way to give Yukako and Rina, both of whom start at level 1, a jumpstart to give them decent levels.

- For once, Bogthos sensei doesn't have much of a lore to share. Just clues about what lies beyond that door... which I am actively trying not to think about. Prizes exist to be obtained, not figured out, haha.

- Romanos's fate has curious impacts on the Demon Queen's reactions- I wonder, how much is her reaction calculated and how much is it an act? Is the calm facade she presents when the Dark Lord chooses to allow her army to be stationed at Vlester actually masking her displeasure because the enemy doesn't fall for her bait? Is her reaction to the other options simply a facade to throw off your guesses? The Demon Queen is worthy of being the leader of an entire faction in this ancient conflict for sure. I won't comment on Romanos anymore as he is no longer relevant... well, until he is, once again.

- We finally get the crystal for the teleportation circle. A wall is going down, and a kingdom right after that. No more needs to be said... other than how it might take a while, update-wise, heh.

Overall, a good work. At this point the only thing to criticize is likely how straightforward everything is, but really, that's kinda the whole point. The Dark Lord inherits a millenia long old power from an ancient being, there is no way a couple of humans, blessed or not, would be difficult to be corrupted in a significant way. If I am to give an opinion, it's that truly complex corruption processes -- which should include options which might fail and forces us to retry -- won't be a thing until we get a goddess or the Demon Queen herself as our victim.

You know, I am kinda annoyed my mac getting damaged and me being forced to move all my files to a laptop PC made me unable to play the updates as soon as they went public and thus I couldn't give away my usual reviews soon enough.

Whatever, that sounds like whining. As usual, I will begin my thoughts in points.

V0.1.7
- Back when Misaki reached this stage, it felt just a bit like a rushed job because the newly born Dark Lord had to be careful and had to corrupt her as soon as we can so we can deal with the rest of the Hero Party. No more of that here; you have the luxury to drag Yukako chin deep in corruption to serve your every whim, and you can even argue the only reason the Dark Lord hasn't fully corrupted her yet is just to savor the taste of the food before fully swallowing. I demand praise, worship and a choir from the soon-to-be-corrupted priestess, hehe.

- I am deeply entertained when Yukako just goes full-blown "Our gods have forsaken us" with full smile. The local priest just quietly accepting is the icing on the cake. It's almost a shame Yukako can't be sent clad in that new outfit of hers. The public reaction would have been amazing. Soon, though...

- I probably shouldn't be surprised when at level 4, Yukako just doesn't bother to leave her cell. I would miss her trying to escape while secretly looking forward to being punished, but eh, I will get over it.

- Funnily enough, when I arrived to Telind with full intention to look for the compliance quest, I accidentally triggered Terindus's cutscene and thought talking to him would start the compliance event. So imagine my surprise when that actually is the compliance event and it just maximizes the city's compliance level, and Misaki starts offering herself as soon as I stepped out of that building. Is that intended? I did go out of my way to finish the actual compliance event with the shop girl right after.

- Trashing Romanos's gigantic sense of ego is always appreciated, and having a random mob do it for you makes it better. No more needs to be said, though I would have appreciated a larger group of mobs for the public humiliation, haha.

- Lore lessons with Bogthos sensei, though this one is hardly anything new. We know well teleportation is removed as a relevant factor due to how awfully convenient they are and it's easy to imagine the kind of chaos it can cause in a war with multiple factions, so this isn't really anything new. Still appreciated though, and I do think Bogthos sensei could elaborate more on one thing related to this topic: are teleport traps like the kind you use on Yukako and Rina's escape events practical in combat? Being able to transport your enemy to a pre-set location could still be useful if it is possible.

V0.1.8

- I am not sure why, but I kinda expected a bikini armor of sorts for a dark knight like Rina; not disappointed by the stripper outfit though. Though, I do kinda want Rina to be a little more distinct in how she starts revering you. Misaki unironically sees the Dark Lord the way Romanos wishes she sees him: and she essentially is your plaything. Soon Yukako will be worshipping you as a god like any priestess would. I hope Rina sort of finds her niche in how she devotes her everything, heheh.

- It is amusing that Rina is now actively trying to lead the Vlester rebels to their doom. I only wish we actually get to see how she screws them over and laugh in their faces to mock them and their impending doom, but I can dream.

- You know, can we even call it "escape" event anymore? Rina isn't trying to escape and neither does Yukako, you might as well call it "Punishment Play" event, lol.

- There are ways to hurt you which only your Ex-Girlfriend-Corrupted-by-the-Dark-Lord knows, and Misaki knows that perfectly well. Definitely the most satisfying of Romanos's willpower events so far, and I am sure Yukako and Rina's to come will be a treat. Soon, Hero wannabe, soon...

- Oh hey, it's another quest for Gallus. This is the kind of prick I am willing to work with: one who shits on others but defers to you. Glad to see the rebels now giving EXP: though I do have to reload to a previous save so I don't lose EXP from defeating the rebels in his previous quest. Worth it!

As you promised, these last two updates serve as breathers before the big one next. It's still decent, as it should be, as expected of your work by this point. And like always -- I will give free suggestions in exchange.

- Given the many number of victims the Dark Lord will get, would it be possible to have abduction events in the future? You are probably familiar with a number of RPGM games where it is possible to abduct targets, and some of the Dark Lord's future victims are extremely nice targets to be turned into helpless damsels in your or your subordinate's arms (especially when you are given options on how to kidnap or KO them specifically). It hits a different range of fetishes than the usual, but it should be well within what you and your game is capable of presenting.

- I think it would be nice to have more events like Terindus in Telind, where we get a good idea of how things run in the Dark Lord army. Seeing as the Dark Lord is capable of just turning off Misaki's thoughts and move her like a puppet (itself already a mode I suggested in a previous review), it should be interesting to have a quest where the Dark Lord uses Misaki to watch how his army usually behave through her eyes, as she is not their supposed Lord and seen more like his bitch.

For now, that would be all. I see V0.1.9 will be available soon as well -- I am waiting faithfully for it.
Now, time for suggestions, I already gave some in the previous review and also hints of ideas in the previous points, so I will make it simple:

- Related to what I said above about Yukako and Rina's starter levels, I think the next update should include a side quest or something like that in which you can send both of them to wipe out enemies or something like that, so they can start at a better level than a measly 1. Seeing them both contrasted with my level 12 Dark Lord and level 11 Misaki is very sad.

- Since Yukako is planning to make a religion out of this, it is a good idea to add many religious practice and potential applications of the Dark Lord's energy. 'Bless' water with darkness, and we have 'holy' waters for baptism and blissful purposes! Infuse corruption to a seed, and it will eventually grow into a tree bearing a fruit which can double as aphrodisiacs or sedatives! Many many more potential ideas. No religion can survive without sacred songs or dance rituals, meaning we need a corrupted singer and dancer pronto. More reasons to fall a kingdom!

For now, that's all. Your efforts appreciated, and I will be faithfully waiting for the next update.

Reactions: Float_Fish

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Rise of Corruption [v0.1.9] [Umarius] - Compressed

Use at your own risk.

Win [366 MB]
- - -

Last edited:

Doejhn

Aug 6, 2016
After corrupting Rina, I walked into the prison where Yukako and Romanos were still being held, then back out and back in again to see if a dialogue scene would trigger, and the game softlocked. My character disappeared and I was able to pan the camera sideways but no dialogue happened and there was no way to get out of that state.

dekeche

Aug 5, 2018
Am I missing a quest for Vlestor? I haven't gotten the completion event - I've done all the quests to put Gallus in charge, Plus set up the trade network and helped the dock clerk. I'd also spared the skeleton from the initial trials, although he seems to have vanished from the docks. Is there anything else I'm missing?

Noym

May 26, 2017
Hello everyone just a small question. If I killed the man in the warehouse, can I reach maximum complience level in the city?

Brady2626

Engaged Member
Mar 2, 2018
makes the Queen enough ANGRY to want to destroy the Crystal but.. Stopped in the last moment and accepted take him giving you the crystal.
this was quite clearly the best option in my opinion i hate the mother fucker it gives her a powerful but overcomable gift without giving her a real serious advantage in terms of what she wanted and without potentially compromising the easiest and best way she can enter your territory.

3.90 star(s) 34 Votes