Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
it would be nice if she is also willing to share, i don't want to hide Lana forever, and now Heather and also the other possible ladies in the future.
My questions is: If this is going to be a harem or "good deeds" gonna bite us in the back later on.

Mytez

Engaged Member
Jul 28, 2017
Hey @Mytez Did you also let the MC lose his virginity to Lana? that decision felt so right..
I truly believe those two are meant to be together, so I didn't even had to think about it for a second. She's the star of the game.
As you said, Robin gives me the Maureen vibes, where she's fine as long as she knows about it. And I hope so, because I really want to boink her gold digging mom.

smokebox

Dec 22, 2018
My questions is: If this is going to be a harem or "good deeds" gonna bite us in the back later on.
I have the same doubt, his Dad had two "wives" and possible other lovers, if MC follow his footsteps and become the "godfather" it would make sense the harem, but that also depends on the ladies wishes, i think Lana and Heather might be ok with that, Robin i still dunno but maybe yes?

Last edited:

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I have the same doubt, his Dad had two "wives" and possible other lovers, if MC follow his footsteps and become the "godfather" it would make sense the harem, but that also depends on the ladies wishes, i think Lana and Heather might be ok with that, Robin i still dunno
Hard to tell. There are games where we can mess around, led into believing we can build a harem, then lose it all in the and and/or have to make a choice. Right now i'm not sure which way this will go and i'm not certain that each of these girls would be okay with that anyway. My vote is that we will have to make a choice even if that choices can include more than one girl. But not all. Its just a feeling though. We are too good of a guy for that in the game to just mess around with the girls. To be honest i was kinda suprised what a white knight we are. The banner image left me with a different impression :sneaky:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: smokebox

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
I truly believe those two are meant to be together, so I didn't even had to think about it for a second. She's the star of the game.
As you said, Robin gives me the Maureen vibes, where she's fine as long as she knows about it. And I hope so, because I really want to boink her gold digging mom.
Lana is "the" star.

She is madly in love with the MC and only started dating that d-bag after MC started up with Robin. I just hope she is down for a little sharing action :love:

Reactions: smokebox and Mytez

BobJenkins

Nov 21, 2017

Robbery1211

I have to say I'm all about personal preference, but this honestly pissed me off.

I've been at these forums since sometime in 2017. The game that brought me here was Dual Family, a game that probably won't ever be finished. I have played countless VNs and 3D games because of this place. Upwards of 50 gigs on my hard drive is taken up by games I've gotten here.

Most of these games, easily upwards of 95% of them, have white male leads. More than half don't have any black characters in them at all. The remaining ones that do have black side characters, some of them go the stereotypical route and portray them as villainous thugs.

Even with that said, I never really once felt the need to complain and I never took it personally. Never once spouted or even thought of that "diversity" nonsense you see popping up online these days. Just played the games and enjoyed them(or in some cases, did not) for what they were.

When you first released Rocks N Robin, I had a good time playing it for the hour or so. It had good animations, an interesting story and characters, and showed some promise. I didn't like the hairstyles of some of the female characters, but I overlooked that. It was nice to see a black male lead for once. Then you went and changed that, and now we're seeing shit like the attached screenshot pop up.

How do you go from a game with a black lead character, to two separate leads(because you weren't getting enough Patrons, your words), to "if you don't want to see or bang any black women, click here"?

Is it really so bad that most players of these adult games can't stand to even see black women in them? Do you really need to put a TOGGLE for that content? Why bother making it in the first place if it's that much of an issue for you?

You even have a toggle to turn off rap music. You have to decide what game you're making and stick to your guns. Stop trying to cater to every single demographic. Again, you started out with a black male lead, now you're like "if this game is too 'street' for you, you can turn that shit off".

You're coming across as one spineless dev. Three or four updates down the line Jason won't even be black any more, the rate this is going.

I'll tell you flat out too, I am a black man who generally doesn't date black women. There are plenty of physically attractive ones out there, some even in my area, but in more cases than not, I've had bad experiences with them or heard of bad experiences. The cons outweigh the pros. Just not worth it to approach them in my opinion. Even Halle Berry is nuts.

I'm just ranting now so I'll cut it short. I'm going to play this update out because I do want to see the mc's sister renders, but man you pissed me off with treating interracial content like it's the "dreaded" eN Tee arR around here.

Robbery1211

[ROCKING ROBIN]
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2018
View attachment 329443

Robbery1211

I have to say I'm all about personal preference, but this honestly pissed me off.

I've been at these forums since sometime in 2017. The game that brought me here was Dual Family, a game that probably won't ever be finished. I have played countless VNs and 3D games because of this place. Upwards of 50 gigs on my hard drive is taken up by games I've gotten here.

Most of these games, easily upwards of 95% of them, have white male leads. More than half don't have any black characters in them at all. The remaining ones that do have black side characters, some of them go the stereotypical route and portray them as villainous thugs.

Even with that said, I never really once felt the need to complain and I never took it personally. Never once spouted or even thought of that "diversity" nonsense you see popping up online these days. Just played the games and enjoyed them(or in some cases, did not) for what they were.

When you first released Rocks N Robin, I had a good time playing it for the hour or so. It had good animations, an interesting story and characters, and showed some promise. I didn't like the hairstyles of some of the female characters, but I overlooked that. It was nice to see a black male lead for once. Then you went and changed that, and now we're seeing shit like the attached screenshot pop up.

How do you go from a game with a black lead character, to two separate leads(because you weren't getting enough Patrons, your words), to "if you don't want to see or bang any black women, click here"?

Is it really so bad that most players of these adult games can't stand to even see black women in them? Do you really need to put a TOGGLE for that content? Why bother making it in the first place if it's that much of an issue for you?

You even have a toggle to turn off rap music. You have to decide what game you're making and stick to your guns. Stop trying to cater to every single demographic. Again, you started out with a black male lead, now you're like "if this game is too 'street' for you, you can turn that shit off".

You're coming across as one spineless dev. Three or four updates down the line Jason won't even be black any more, the rate this is going.

I'll tell you flat out too, I am a black man who generally doesn't date black women. There are plenty of physically attractive ones out there, some even in my area, but in more cases than not, I've had bad experiences with them or heard of bad experiences. The cons outweigh the pros. Just not worth it to approach them in my opinion. Even Halle Berry is nuts.

I'm just ranting now so I'll cut it short. I'm going to play this update out because I do want to see the mc's sister renders, but man you pissed me off with treating interracial content like it's the "dreaded" eN Tee arR around here.
Bob,

I can understand your frustration. This is not the first time something like this has been said to me on this very forum.
I'm going to try to be as honest as I can.
First off, I wouldn't say I'm spineless. I would say I don't know what I'm doing. I rely on all of you in this and other forums for guidance.
The thing about this and other forums is that they highly favor white leads. I did not know this when I first put out Rocks N Robin.
I got so much hate mail and racist comments and no support whatsoever.
I still thought the game had potential so I changed the characters thinking that it was what the majority wanted.
Then I got, oh you whitewashed the game because of a couple threats, what a chicken.
So I'm like, well damn, let me take a vote. It was like 4.6 out of 5 votes for Dustin (White).
I did see that there was quite a few votes for Robert (black character in ROCKS N ROBIN) so I still brought the black characters back in version 3 and APOLOGIZED.
Nobody gave a fuck... Not really. If I'm just considering the public response minus my own morals and ethics, it was as much a waste of my time as Version 1 was.
Nobody comments about Jason side. No one has even said anything about the fact that I did not update Jason's side at all in version 4.
The reason that I ask if you would like to cut off the music is not because it is rap it is because it uses the N word quite often.
I just happened to say it is offensive rap so that whoever still wants to hear it knows what they are getting themselves into.
Finally, someone on this site posted that they don't wish to see Jason fucking every time they call him. If you say she is not my type you won't.
Given my past experiences, I put that option for that. I wanted people to know what that question actually meant because they could still have liked black people just not her.
It doesn't mean much for Version 4 but it will in the future if one of the 6 people that actually support the game decide that they want Dustin to get with one of the black characters.
Again, I'm not spineless. If I was spineless I would have stop making this at Version 2 but I keep dropping updates despite the lack of support and criticism.

You had an image so I have one too. Check the timestamp on my computer and the date it was posted on the site.

racist capture.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: samarino mitsu

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Bob,

I can understand your frustration. This is not the first time something like this has been said to me on this very forum.
First off, I wouldn't say I'm spineless. I would say I don't know what I'm doing. I rely on all of you in this and other forums for guidance.
The thing about this and other forums is that they highly favor white leads. I did not know this when I first put out Rocks N Robin.
I still thought the game had potential so I changed the characters thinking that it was what the majority wanted.
Then I got, oh you whitewashed the game because of a couple threats, what a chicken.
So I'm like, well damn, let me take a vote. It was like 4.6 out of 5 votes for Dustin (White).
I did see that there was quite a few votes for Robert (black character in ROCKS N ROBIN) so I still brought the black characters back in version 3 and APOLOGIZED.
Nobody gave a fuck... Not really. If I'm just considering the public response minus my own morals and ethics, it was as much a waste of my time as Version 1 was.
Nobody comments about Jason side. No one has even said anything about the fact that I did not update Jason's side at all in version 4.
The reason that I ask if you would like to cut off the music is not because it is rap it is because it uses the N word quite often.
I just happened to say it is offensive rap so that whoever still wants to hear it knows what they are getting themselves into.
Finally, someone on this site posted that they don't wish to see Jason fucking every time they call him. If you say she is not my type you won't.
Given my past experiences, I put that option for that. I wanted people to know what that question actually meant because they could still have liked black people just not her.
It doesn't mean much for Version 4 but it will in the future if one of the 6 people that actually support the game decide that they want Dustin to get with one of the black characters.
Thats pretty sad lol. Why is it that almost all the leads in hollywood are white? Some people are overtly racist, some are closeted racist, some are subconsciously racist, some are not comfortable viewing things that are different from their sheltered suburban life. Regardless, its pretty much accepted that black/minority leads will appeal to less people unless the whole movie is about black people (Boyz n the Hood, Straight Outta Compton). Its just the fact of life and it won't change anytime soon.

That said, there is something called artistic vision. A dev that flip flops constantly based on perceived audience preferences will never get anywhere. You try to appeal to the broadest base, and end up not appealing to anyone. The project loses its soul and just becomes another generic mediocre media to add to the pile.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobJenkins

smokebox

Dec 22, 2018
You guys should stop bitching about this, play the game or dont its simple, i dont play adult games with Black MCs (but i tried at least), and that is my choice but i also dont go in those game foruns and start complain about that they should make a white MC, i understand that for a black person playing as a white MC might break the immersion just like for me breaks the immersion playing as a black MC, but this is already settled, what should be in discussion here is the story, the gameplay, the characters, things that can actually help the dev improve his game, which is great by the way, sorry if i offended anyone sometimes i sound harsh whitout really intending.

Karabonga

Dec 11, 2018
I wish holly didn't have this awful hairstyle (in my opinion). I am sure I am not the only one who dislikes it, but it's your game and choice developer.

BobJenkins

Nov 21, 2017
Bob,

Again, I'm not spineless. If I was spineless I would have stop making this at Version 2 but I keep dropping updates despite the lack of support and criticism.

You had an image so I have one too. Check the timestamp on my computer and the date it was posted on the site.

View attachment 329521
Thanks, I appreciate the response. What you're telling me though is that you've been doing some flip flopping, which falls in line with what I was saying before :/.

Did you actually let racist trolling like the post you highlighted bother you? To this community's credit, it looks like people immediately thumbed that shit down. Anyone coming with comments like that probably isn't going to support you on Patreon in the first place.

I do give you credit for at least starting off with a black MC. Like I said in the other post, you don't see that much at all.

Oddly enough I started to say before that I wouldn't be surprised if you dropped Jason's gameplay in the future, but I didn't. I think most people haven't commented about him because they're more interested in Dustin's(formerly Robert's) story.

Whether you continue with this game in the future(which I hope you do, because I do like it. Good writing, decent UI, quality renders), or end up doing another before this is finished, I hope you stick with whatever plan you start out with. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

BobJenkins

Nov 21, 2017
You guys should stop bitching about this, play the game or dont its simple, i dont play adult games with Black MCs (but i tried at least), and that is my choice but i also dont go in those game foruns and start complain about that they should make a white MC, i understand that for a black person playing as a white MC might break the immersion just like for me breaks the immersion playing as a black MC, but this is already settled, what should be in discussion here is the story, the gameplay, the characters, things that can actually help the dev improve his game, which is great by the way, sorry if i offended anyone sometimes i sound harsh whitout really intending.
If you at least take the time to play a game, you have the right to criticize it. That's just what I've done and I've been pretty civil about it for the most part, aside from saying I felt the dev was being spineless at times. I'm actually playing the game right now. It's a good game, I just did not like certain changes and content toggles, which I won't go back into again here.

I've never really felt like the immersion was broken for me because the MC doesn't share my skin tone. I'm just enjoying the stories, gameplay and the quality of the renders.

Perhaps at a later time I'll offer some gameplay advice, but honestly I think there's already a good foundation there. My two cents wouldn't be much the dev hasn't heard before.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 68 Votes