LouWill

Feb 3, 2018
I had wrote a bunch of other stuff asking you to be more specific and blah blah blah but never mind because all your post did from the very beginning is down the game without one suggestion of how to improve it. This is my first game. I'm doing this by myself so as I get better at python, Renpy, rendering, animating, story writing, Photoshop, premiere, android studio, Magix and the like so will the game. It seems obvious that you can't have everything in either mode or else there wouldn't be two modes. I'm trying to do things that no other game has done and I'm here looking for support. If this was your idea of helping then keep your lacklustre post to yourself.
1) My post was just my own experience from playing the game, specifically novel mode. Devs being criticized on this website is nothing new. If I wasn't supportive, it's not because of a vendetta against your game specifically.
2) I understand how difficult it is to create a good game, let alone one as ambitious as yours. My problems were with the execution. I never said what you're doing is easy, but none of this is.
3) You said that "It seems obvious that you can't have everything in either mode or else there wouldn't be two modes". Again, when you premiere two modes, the people who play the game are expecting different experiences. Firstly, the novel mode is not separate at all from the sandbox mode. Second, since we're playing the game without having to worry about sequence, you'd expect there to be complete scenes in all the scenes we're exposed to. Instead, there are placeholders that tell you that the scene is exclusive to sandbox mode. I have no problem with different scenes for novel Vs sandbox, but again, the novel mode isn't a different experience because it's just a sped up version of sandbox mode.
4) Yeah it's true that your game isn't something we've seen before but we've seen great sandbox games (ala Summertime Saga and Milfy city), and equally great novels (i.e. Babysitter and Melody) so if you're truly trying to deliver something memorable by offering 2 different game modes, then they both have to be at least decent. I'm not saying you can't get there. I just said that there's a long way to do.
5) You also said that I didn't offer any actual suggestions to improve the game in my original post. They were implicit, but I will relist them
I- UI improvements. Navigating sandbox mode feels tedious and isn't easy on the eyes. For example, for "Left and Right" movements in front of the store early in the game, the font color and highlights don't mesh with your background. In my opinion, icons would be better suited for stuff like that
II- There's zero flow within and between scenes for novel mode. Adjust the pacing, the transitions, anything really to make it feel like you're in the moment instead of fast forwarding through scenes which would've taken a lot longer in sandbox mode.
III- Bug fixes. Like after having sex with Lana, the mc still talks about being a virgin when the cop is almost riding him. Although, that particular example could just be a dialogue issue.
IV- Novel mode needs some of its own content and arcs. There's no point in offering 2 different modes if they're the same minus the minigames and the grind [Literally, someone can make a mod of your game and do that]. And I'd probably tell you to focus on one game mode at a time.

Jun 11, 2018
can u get a harem style path in this game and would his adoptive mothers be a part of it and if not who is he gonna be able to have sex with in ths game

Last edited:

fpsgamer

Nov 21, 2017
Here's my unofficial compressed version of Rocking Robin [v0.4a]
The compression might break things in the game. Please report any bugs with a screenshot in a private message.

Original download size is 1.28GB.

DOWNLOAD
PC & Mac
(351MB): - - - -
can anyone upload unren'ed cg compressed version.

Please

laflare82

Dec 24, 2018
The #1 thing a hood street type person values more than their lives your life and anybody else life is their Respect and Dignity Big Facts Dev I like your game I really do but lets be for real for a min you can't put incest in this game you just can't your character is too hood for that both the white character and the black character I myself I'm black and dev you know the likeliness of a hood ass MC involved in incestial acts is like 0.1% a person from the hood or is hood for those who don't understand me street wise street smart who partake in questionable activities such as hustlers pimps drug dealers etc things of that nature would not have a thought of sleeping with his or her mother or sister they are our queens black white asian arab does not matter if you are a hood ass person all you want to do is protect and provide for your family worry about how the next meal gone get cooked how that rent gone get paid how you gone keep them lights on I'm also happy you don't have no weird fetishes on your tags cause you also know hood folks don't be into weird fetishes our #1 kink is a blow job 90% of hood folks don't do or don't announce they do anal either the women or the men the moment you tell a friend you do anal he thinks your gay the moment you ask the female for it she cursing you out telling you she aint with that nasty S#$% and she also begins to question your sexuality everything I've stated is Facts yes the MC used to be rich but his character is of a person from the streets the white MC and especially the black MC so I do appreciate how a dev finally portrayed a race great in there game instead of just throwing paint on a character for a Fan service like most devs have dang dev you did this game an injustice I thought I was finally playing another game like Acting Lessons an absolutely believable story where I wouldn't have to question the dev for turning a great story into some fantasy lust ring, corruption stone or mind control device gawd that shit is so utterly garbage.

Robbery1211

[ROCKING ROBIN]
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2018
The #1 thing a hood street type person values more than their lives your life and anybody else life is their Respect and Dignity Big Facts Dev I like your game I really do but lets be for real for a min you can't put incest in this game you just can't your character is too hood for that both the white character and the black character I myself I'm black and dev you know the likeliness of a hood ass MC involved in incestial acts is like 0.1% a person from the hood or is hood for those who don't understand me street wise street smart who partake in questionable activities such as hustlers pimps drug dealers etc things of that nature would not have a thought of sleeping with his or her mother or sister they are our queens black white asian arab does not matter if you are a hood ass person all you want to do is protect and provide for your family worry about how the next meal gone get cooked how that rent gone get paid how you gone keep them lights on I'm also happy you don't have no weird fetishes on your tags cause you also know hood folks don't be into weird fetishes our #1 kink is a blow job 90% of hood folks don't do or don't announce they do anal either the women or the men the moment you tell a friend you do anal he thinks your gay the moment you ask the female for it she cursing you out telling you she aint with that nasty S#$% and she also begins to question your sexuality everything I've stated is Facts yes the MC used to be rich but his character is of a person from the streets the white MC and especially the black MC so I do appreciate how a dev finally portrayed a race great in there game instead of just throwing paint on a character for a Fan service like most devs have dang dev you did this game an injustice I thought I was finally playing another game like Acting Lessons an absolutely believable story where I wouldn't have to question the dev for turning a great story into some fantasy lust ring, corruption stone or mind control device gawd that shit is so utterly garbage.
My friend said the exact same thing about the incest. I almost wanted to ask you if you were him lol. However, Dustin getting with his mom and aunt are going to have to happen sooner or later simply because they are women in the story and in these types of games all women get fucked. Remember, Dustin doesn't share blood with anyone. Still, the trick is to leave it up to the player to decide if he wants to engage in that type of stuff. I currently don't make you fuck anyone in the story. You can decline them all, but the option is available. Plus, you can say no in the story then go to it in the gallery and say yes without it affecting what you did in the story. I also got plans on doing much more freaky butt things as well. Such as Dustin eating Robin's ass and her loving it. The only thing I won't do is male on male but I do have plans on Jason and Dustin running a train on a character not yet introduced. I repeat, not yet introduced. To be clear, if anyone is wondering, Shauntae and Ms. Harris will always be Jason's while Robin and Lana will always be Dustin's. I honestly don't like NTR that's why I try to exclude the possibilties of another male, even between my mc's. The main thing I'm trying to do right now is not make Dustin seem like a pussy and appear more intelligent, street and otherwise. Where he is right now, no one will follow him. He hasn't done anything worth being followed. I'm honestly trying to think of more fetishes to put in the game to increase my support. Feet, blowjobs, and regular sex aren't going to pay the bills. The plans that I have in place for V5A should increase support as well as I'm really looking forward to making my thought reality. Don't worry, there is no magic/corruption BS.

Reactions: smokebox

Robbery1211

[ROCKING ROBIN]
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2018
can u get a harem style path in this game and would his adoptive mothers be a part of it and if not who is he gonna be able to have sex with in ths game
As the versions progress he will have the option to have sex with everyone. As of this writing, I just released version 4 on average I release a new version about every 40 days. Keep continuing to check back!

Reactions: Canto Forte
Jun 11, 2018
As the versions progress he will have the option to have sex with everyone. As of this writing, I just released version 4 on average I release a new version about every 40 days. Keep continuing to check back!
thank you replying good to know which version will more sex in it sandbox or visual novel

Robbery1211

[ROCKING ROBIN]
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2018
thank you replying good to know which version will more sex in it sandbox or visual novel
I can't answer that right now I honestly don't know. What I am thinking is that the same amount of content will be in both versions but you may have to play over more times on the VN side to get there because of the branching paths.

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
vn version is bugged for me, it skipped the part where the neighbor was masturbating so the mc mentioning it later was wierd af and i thought it was something that happened way back or something but when i did the sandbox it clicked to me that it just skipped the event.

Robbery1211

[ROCKING ROBIN]
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2018
vn version is bugged for me, it skipped the part where the neighbor was masturbating so the mc mentioning it later was wierd af and i thought it was something that happened way back or something but when i did the sandbox it clicked to me that it just skipped the event.
thanks for letting me know, I will fix it

May 20, 2017
It says "talk to Clara" to progress with the Robin date quest, but it only shows the mechanical options. Stuck here, is it a bug or am I missing something here?

Plus, just a suggestion Robbery1211, it would be great if the game had the rollback option like other Renpy games. It makes the game easier to play, especially during the Workshop Choices scene.

Robbery1211

[ROCKING ROBIN]
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2018
It says "talk to Clara" to progress with the Robin date quest, but it only shows the mechanical options. Stuck here, is it a bug or am I missing something here?

Plus, just a suggestion Robbery1211, it would be great if the game had the rollback option like other Renpy games. It makes the game easier to play, especially during the Workshop Choices scene.
If it says talk to Carla then you don't have the apartment. Try talking to her in the morning on Monday and have $10k on hand.

Reactions: Lucifer_Morningstar

Kame-Sennin

Engaged Member
Aug 29, 2017
Need guide how to get all the picture to get sister shower scene please help me ! somebody please

Kame-Sennin

Engaged Member
Aug 29, 2017
The game is great but it would be awesome if there was a rollback mechanic. Please try adding that.
I really don't understand why it's necessary , if you press "pageup" button in your keyboard even if it has no "back" option, that should do the trick

Reactions: Canto Forte

smokebox

Dec 22, 2018
Need guide how to get all the picture to get sister shower scene please help me ! somebody please
This guide was in page 19 made by Xenix22

Robin's - Move Left - Move Left - its on a windowsill

Aunts House - Go To Pool - On the pool ledge below the pillow of the sofa thing that you hide behind while the Aunt gets herself off.

Your Car - On top of the Mailbox (below the numbered sign) on the house

Jason's Building Outside - On the window sill above the red door.

Lana's - Move Forward - Move Right - On the ground at the corner of the fence of the property.

Your Old House - Click the mailbox

Motel - Go Inside - Go Right - Bottom of the brochures on the table.

Motel - Go Left - Below the light and above the door of the right most room.

Storage - Go Right - Go Right - Go Right - The corner where the wall meets the storage units. There is a sign with a 6 (or a lock) on it right above that.

Storage - Inside the truck after you have found the flashlight (by going all the way left and chasing the people)

Party Shop - Go Right to the Laundromat - Above the One Way sign on the lamp post

4.10 star(s) 68 Votes