Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
What I'm unsure is, why Oni added the mechanic where girls flinch when you first get frisky & run off it's honestly a pointless mechanic.
To people thinking 1.0 means anything; People tell you you're full of it so why do people continue thinking the game will be complete?
Oni himself has stated & I've said this multiple times "Until people lose interest in this game, I will develop it for as long as that takes."

Reactions: MankoEater

anomynus

Apr 7, 2018
What I'm unsure is, why Oni added the mechanic where girls flinch when you first get frisky & run off it's honestly a pointless mechanic.
The best thing is that no matter what I do (I haven't gotten the bugfix yet, I'm on 9a), even have full blown exhibitionist sex in the middle of the quad, as soon as I tell them to lose some clothes during dancing, they immediately run away. Striptease seems to be the ultimate taboo in this universe.

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
ok sure but with jubes? emma's the one who kept going on about how much of a bitch jean was but they slept together just fine... same for ororo and emma...
Jean is a bitch in the game, and everyone we can interact with knows it. That they say it out loud or not does not affect if they can get along with her (we do, after all).
Will more girls be added and if so have the next girl been chosen yet? :)
This is what mainly gets people to pay the patreon, so there will definitely be more.
It does not seem to have been chosen. He usually makes a patreon pool with the options, even if he clearly has some favorites and hated (favorite is clearly Gwenpool, which is even in a small cutscene already, and hated was Jean, which is already in the game).
this game feels like it's been on 0.9 since dinosaurs walked the earth.

i'm sure whoever is developing this is just gonna add an extra decimal when he runs out of letters for the versions, maybe go the pokemon route and start adding colors and precious stone names at the end too, while he's at it :KEK:
>v0.999
>Oni sweating bullets now that he's backed himself in a corner as next version should be 1.0 but isn't ready to be.
Well, he's got until 0.999z to figure it out. Best of luck to him.
The game has been on 0.9xx for so long (my first DL was version 0.971 in December 2016) there is no reason to think 1.0 will be the final release. Oni doesn't care about proper versioning, so why would it suddenly change with the version 1.0?
v0.999e
so close! it's so close!!!!
This version number is such a tease!
Oni clearly does not know how the numbering system works, so pretty sure he already declared "next version will be 1.0, despite it not being 1.0" just to make things simpler in his own head.
Lol, if he was going to be honest he should have dropped the .9 long ago and made it .71. Although, I don't think Oni has an actual roadplan so he should have done something like Update 1.
Case in point. This is not version 999, it was just "version 0.9.9.9" but he did not put the other .s so it ballooned, so now since he would need to add a new number...
there is a reason we were wondering if next version would be 1000, 9991 or 9910.

Whatever makes you think that there should be a 1.0 after 0.999? Why note 0.1000? Honestly, it would be more reasonable if the version number was 0.9.99, but well, a lot of things are not completely reasonable, as far as programming goes, when you look at the source.
Oni said so himself. Because, as mentioned, he seems to have no idea what the numbers mean save that they are new versions.

On that vein,
I get that traditionally after a 0.999 would come a 1.0 and that's usually a brand for completion. But who'd stop Oni from adding more and more shit, the same way he already said he'll do? Funny how such an apparently inconsecuential subject can motivate such amount of discussion.
That is not how numbering works, but at least you are not releasing something on version 0.999e so...

The first number is the release number. 0 means it is still in the works. 1 means it is complete. 2 means that it vent through a complete overhaul.
Thus why this being version 1.0 should mean it is complete.

The second number is for major aditions. In this game, it would seem to be 999, but it is more that Oni just shoved three numbers together instead without any .s as dividers.
For example, a visual novel or a story-based game would mean a chunk of the main story was added, and a more mechanics-oriented game would mean a new mechanic was added or majorly improved.
The third number would be a minor story addition, a side-story, minor extra mechanics, etc.
A fourth one is not that common, but it is the same thing - a lower level of improvements, not enough to increase the number before but still an addition.
And at the end a letter for bugfixes.

Thus how you can have something like a 0.6.8.2b, or 0.8.2.2.

Notice the .s, they allow you to have something like 0.3.10 instead of the limitation Oni is being forced into of needing to add another number after it reaches a 9. The current version would be something like 0.9.9.9e... as it is, pretty sure it would be closer to 0.14.12e or something.

JaSteel

Oct 14, 2020
Oni said so himself. Because, as mentioned, he seems to have no idea what the numbers mean save that they are new versions.

On that vein,

That is not how numbering works, but at least you are not releasing something on version 0.999e so...

The first number is the release number. 0 means it is still in the works. 1 means it is complete. 2 means that it vent through a complete overhaul.
Thus why this being version 1.0 should mean it is complete.

The second number is for major aditions. In this game, it would seem to be 999, but it is more that Oni just shoved three numbers together instead without any .s as dividers.
For example, a visual novel or a story-based game would mean a chunk of the main story was added, and a more mechanics-oriented game would mean a new mechanic was added or majorly improved.
The third number would be a minor story addition, a side-story, minor extra mechanics, etc.
A fourth one is not that common, but it is the same thing - a lower level of improvements, not enough to increase the number before but still an addition.
And at the end a letter for bugfixes.

Thus how you can have something like a 0.6.8.2b, or 0.8.2.2.

Notice the .s, they allow you to have something like 0.3.10 instead of the limitation Oni is being forced into of needing to add another number after it reaches a 9. The current version would be something like 0.9.9.9e... as it is, pretty sure it would be closer to 0.14.12e or something.
You don't know anything about software development at all. Versioning is set by the developer and it only means something to them. Assuming "1.0" means anything is a complete fallacy. Try working for a few different software development companies and you'll learn that everything you said above is a bunch of bull.

• Angry
Reactions: Folrand and p22

Weisskralle

May 25, 2019
I just realized that "Rogue like: Evolution". Means that it's an Rogue like and the name is Evolution. Always thought the name was Rogue like Evolution

Reactions: Testerguy19

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
You know who I would have liked to see added before the end? Blink. She had such a unique style and a cool take on Teleporting.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
I think the most likely girls (aside from Wanda Maximoff, Squirrel Girl, Mystique and Gwenpool) to get added to the game will come from this list:
- Wolfsbane
- Amanda Sefton
- Boom Boom
- Magma
- Danielle Moonstar
- Psylocke

Just because they were already in the series or there were plans to bring them in anyway (Emma Frost and Psylocke for example)

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
You don't know anything about software development at all. Versioning is set by the developer and it only means something to them. Assuming "1.0" means anything is a complete fallacy. Try working for a few different software development companies and you'll learn that everything you said above is a bunch of bull.
Of course it is not an official method that everyone uses. That would be absurd.
But it is the common convention, used to avoid issues like... exactly what we are having here.
Using that method, everyone would get a proper idea of how much was added, changed, fixed etc from one version to the next.

Similar to snake_case and camelCase, and the less used PascalCase: you don't need to follow any of these for your variables, but it will make it difficult for anyone else to deal with your code in the future, including sometimes "future you".

And unless you are saying Oni is working with a top tier company in this to give him a different guideline, following the common convention is the best practice.
As shown by how it is already numbered 0.999e, and we all know there were far from 999 versions even if you count the letters

I think the most likely girls (aside from Wanda Maximoff, Squirrel Girl, Mystique and Gwenpool) to get added to the game will come from this list:
- Wolfsbane
- Amanda Sefton
- Boom Boom
- Magma
- Danielle Moonstar
- Psylocke

Just because they were already in the series or there were plans to bring them in anyway (Emma Frost and Psylocke for example)
Eh, he added some girls to the pools already that... well, are not very well-known outside comic readers, and with so many characters there the choices are so many things go crazy.
Who was the green haired option he added from nowhere to the last pool, again?

primavera9925

Sep 28, 2020
Max desire, no sex. roguelike because you gotta go long enough without being raped.
Gotta find a Rogue intro skip.

Eh, he added some girls to the pools already that... well, are not very well-known outside comic readers, and with so many characters there the choices are so many things go crazy.
Who was the green haired option he added from nowhere to the last pool, again?
Lorna? Yeah, he doesn't seem to care about Evolution's cast.

4.40 star(s) 149 Votes