Seinks

Mar 17, 2018
I played this game like 2 years ago. Something changed or worth playing again?
There are 7-8 girls now(or at least thats the number I was able to unlock) and each girl has her own sex positions and a few events.
As for if this is worth playing, it depends on your taste ;p

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
You've gone too deep into the folder. You should be running the .exe from 2 levels up from there in Rogue-Like-0.999e-win

So basically : hit "back" twice

Also, for what it's worth, you've got some ???? characters in your filepath there. I assume that probably isn't helping and is caused by what I assume are Asian characters in your drive name or something.

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
Reactions: mrttao

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
Speaking of Jean and Jubilee, how come Jubes won't sleep with Jean? And I mean sleep not fuck. Each time she says she's got somethin else to do, somethin that Jean suggests as well...
some of the girls cant stand each other.

the question marks in the path make it seem the program cant read non-unicode characters. considering you've got thai(?) in your tabs, you should try to put the game somewhere else.

Last edited:

HBKTheIcon69

Dec 25, 2018
One factor I've noticed for the girls prior to jubilee was that they had pretty much all their sex acts within 2-3 versions apart so for Jubilee she by now should have all content including footjob yet still says not available but in next/future update....

Reactions: Ghosthunter-dwl

salscou

Apr 14, 2020
One factor I've noticed for the girls prior to jubilee was that they had pretty much all their sex acts within 2-3 versions apart so for Jubilee she by now should have all content including footjob yet still says not available but in next/future update....
What?
The footjob is there pal.

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
Ah ok cuz the version I have is 9b and it said for when I tried footjob that it wasn't active yet.
as I said before, Oni follows none of the common conventions for version names.

The letters at the ending are expected to be for minor bugfixes, so people don't expect anything big to be added through them, just like you.
But Jubilee's sex scenes were added through them.
Hell, if I remember right a whole character, Jean, was added through the lettered versions. I think it was 0.997f?

HBKTheIcon69

Dec 25, 2018
as I said before, Oni follows none of the common conventions for version names.

The letters at the ending are expected to be for minor bugfixes, so people don't expect anything big to be added through them, just like you.
But Jubilee's sex scenes were added through them.
Hell, if I remember right a whole character, Jean, was added through the lettered versions. I think it was 0.997f?
Yeah that's about right for Jean's debut. I totally forgot on that one in terms of the letter as I merely go by changelogs which leave out info at times.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
1. you are running the wrong file.
according to the error message you are running the file
D:\???\Rogue-Like-0.999e-win\Rogue-Like-0.999e-win\lib\windows-i686\Rogue-Like.exe
I have highlighted in red the part that needs to go. you should be running instead
D:\???\Rogue-Like-0.999e-win\Rogue-Like-0.999e-win\Rogue-Like.exe
I don't know where you got this weird idea that you need go into \lib\windows-i686\ folder instead of just running the exe in the root folder

2. why do you have \Rogue-Like-0.999e-win\ twice in the name? this is stupid.

the question marks in the path make it seem the program cant read non-unicode characters. considering you've got thai(?) in your tabs, you should try to put the game somewhere else.
you are correct about it being unrecognizable characters.
but it is not that the program can't read non unicode (aka ascii).

rather that when reading ascii you must specify encoding.
there is a setting in your OS that tells most programs what language to assume for ascii files and folders.
there is some localization nonsense in windows which is honestly quite horrible and you should just avoid by using unicode in the first place.

You want to go to that root folder and rename it from whatever it is in, into a unicode name.

this should be useful

even though it is talking about file names and not folder names, you can follow a similar process with the folder.

Or you can go to this page

type in the folder name. which I am assuming is games in thai. then convert it to unicode. then copy it, then rename the folder and paste the name.
it will look the same to you. but it will look different to the program

Yes in windows you can in fact name your folder Games in unicode and Games in ascii, and windows considers them different things despite looking identical to the end user.

Alternatively you might need to just create a root folder called
D:\games_eng\
using english encoding and put the game in it.
(I say alternatively because I am not 100% sure what your system config is, and thus what your problem is)

spedstar

Sep 22, 2021
Is there anywhere possibly that this game has a walkthrough. I played 0.997 ages ago, and now that I am trying the new version I am missing so many things mainly cuz I used mods and cheats (I am lazy and just want to see the scenes). I now have forgotten how to especially romance Emma Frost cuz every time I want to romance her, or get mess around with a character in her presence it doesn't do anything. How is it that I can get all the other girls to just kiss me but I can't even touch Emma frost? Does anyone see my confusion, or have I just been choosing the wrong choices?

• Hey there
Reactions: Vlidad
4.40 star(s) 149 Votes