blarg0192

Mar 10, 2018
When I first heard about X-Men Evolution I was horrified, as it was described before first airing as "Young X-Men + Beverly Hills 90210". Which is what it turned out to be in some ways, while skipping the majority of the cringe melodrama from 902-Oh-No yet somehow keeping the intent behind the 70's comics. In some ways the show was better than the 90's X-Men cartoon imho, but only when the 90's show decided to try and condense a multi-issue event into a 22-minute episode or popped a character in for a single episode for blatant fan service (Psylocke, Longshot, X-Force, etc). Usually with bad writing...

However, neither show can hold a candle to the "Pride of the X-Men" cassette in the 80's, as that was used as the foundation for the Konami X-Men arcade game. Never saw Wolverine and the X-Men, so no comment there.

...Come to think of it, who had the better scream? Colossus in the arcade game, or Rogue in the 90's cartoon?
And Scott McNeil is the best Wolverine

Juan Sanchez

Oct 26, 2017
I'm seconding the others here, I kinda wish the dev had stuck with the Evo designs for both Jean Grey and Psylocke.

And while I understand that 616 Psylocke had the weird thing about being British in a British body, being put in an Asian body, then going back to her old one... I vastly prefer the Asian bod. And if we're talking about an alternate universe anyway, I'd go ahead and skip the complicated body switching thing.

I'd just make it so that Betsy is from Hongkong, or at least her mother was. Remember, Hongkong was a British colony some decades ago. It would have been easy for her father (or grandfather) to be from the UK, maybe met someone in Hongkong while doing business there or something.

There are perfectly plausible reasons why Betsy might have a British name and have Asian features. No need to complicate things like the 616 universe did.
Although Psylocke is actually Japanese rather than Hong Kong and in my opinion and I might be wrong but why not just same Psylocke as one body but with two different set of mind like Betsy and Kwannon. Basically mind switching instead.

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
I don't even think Psylocke appeared in the frigging Evolution cartoon I could be wrong. I know a Jubilee was seen but she's nothing like the one we got.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
I don't even think Psylocke appeared in the frigging Evolution cartoon I could be wrong. I know a Jubilee was seen but she's nothing like the one we got.
'Grant Morrison stated that had the series continued, Psylocke would have been introduced as a SHIELD agent. Psylocke and were in talks of appearing in .'

Beta F4gg0t

Feb 17, 2019
yeah Psylocke never appeared there is only ""rumors"" online about concept arts of her that would've made an appearance on the cancelled season 5 but I don't know I always take this kind of information with a grain of salt.
Psylocke_XME_Concept.png

Regarding Jubilee, I really like Oni's design better than Evo's, looks closer to the "recent" comics and 90's cartoon design
Evo, 90s, New Gen X Jubes.png
Evolution, 90's, New Generation X.

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
yeah Psylocke never appeared there is only ""rumors"" online about concept arts of her that would've made an appearance on the cancelled season 5 but I don't know I always take this kind of information with a grain of salt.
View attachment 3112068

Regarding Jubilee, I really like Oni's design better than Evo's, looks closer to the "recent" comics and 90's cartoon design
View attachment 3112078
I'm glad I don't read modern comics - That "jubilee" legit made me double take & I puked a little.

RiloLaki

May 16, 2022
View attachment 3112078
[/QUOTE]

Whenever Evo Jubilee was on the screen (which was almost never) I had a hard time telling her apart from Amara. You know you've done a design goof when the most distinctive characteristic of a character is their ugly yellow jacket. Evo had a bad habit of same-facing non-critical story characters.

1700775668734.png

salscou

Apr 14, 2020
View attachment 3112068

View attachment 3112078
Jubes its at her best when she looks like a 90s californian tomboy.
jubilee__92_by_artisticphun_d89cygx-fullview.jpg
Would go rollerskating with.

Beta F4gg0t

Feb 17, 2019
I'm glad I don't read modern comics
me too, it's all too convoluted for my tastes
That "jubilee" legit made me double take & I puked a little.
Wait, which one? Evolution or New Gen. X? because New Gen X Jubes looks pretty cute, can't say the same for Evo's
I had a hard time telling her apart from Amara. You know you've done a design goof when the most distinctive characteristic of a character is their ugly yellow jacket. Evo had a bad habit of same-facing non-critical story characters.
1700775668734.png
indeed, at least they could've given her short hair.
Jubes its at her best when she looks like a 90s californian tomboy.
jubilee__92_by_artisticphun_d89cygx-fullview.jpg

Would go rollerskating with.
DAMN STRAIGHT

Last edited:

salscou

Apr 14, 2020
Ask if poor Rahne's virtue is still intact, and why I wasn't invited if it isn't.
She got it from a different furry mutant.
I already dislike picking stray pubes out of my mouth, no way in hell am I taking a lint roller to my tongue.
Theres no need to lick anything my dude, just imagine the humping.
Your Zero may or may not end up with scratches and bruises all over though.

4.40 star(s) 149 Votes