osmcuser132

Modder
Aug 8, 2017
does anyone know how can I play it on mac?
one way is download windows game, download ren'py SDK, run ren'py SDK, point development dir to parent directory of the game and select the game from the list and press launch

EDIT: But there is a mac version link in OP, does that not work?

durgadas

Mar 21, 2018
I think developers need to understand that Windows-only compression tools like 7 Zip and RAR formats fundamentally change the application so it cannot run. Vis, which I downloaded also has the same problem. I see it again, and again.

PLEASE, devs, ONLY use ZIP file formats for exporting to Mac.

I have tried now five different decompression utilities to unzip this file.

ALL of them result in a broken application. It's not us. It's you.

Here are the applications I've tried:
Keka (recommended by 7 Zip's webpage)
BetterZip (which is compatible with both .7z and .rar)
The Unarchiver (which is compatible with both .7z and .rar)
UnrarX
RarExpander does even recognize your RAR file as a RAR file

It's worth noting that NOT ONE of those applications, designed to "unrar" comes in a RAR file. They ALL come as ZIP files.

osmcuser132

Modder
Aug 8, 2017
Fix for broken executable on Mac:

chmod +x Rogue-Like.app\Contents\MacOS\Rogue-Like
I have tried now five different decompression utilities to unzip this file.
ALL of them result in a broken application. It's not us. It's you.
Since chmod changes the access permissions and not the actual contents of the file, we can conclude it's not us . . .

Seipherwood

Sep 8, 2017
What is the best method to raise Obedience? Everything ive tried is only like +1-2 and Rogue just storms off in a rage or face gropes and then storms off.

Keep getting this error when i withhold the touch and try to get her to keep stripping.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script Scenes.rpy", line 3268, in <module>
IndexError: list index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script Locations.rpyc", line 145, in script call
  File "Rogue_Addiction.rpyc", line 727, in script call
  File "script Scenes.rpyc", line 3268, in script call
  File "script Functions.rpyc", line 980, in script
  File "C:\Games\RPG Maker\Rogue-Like-0.981c-win\renpy\ast.py", line 1341, in execute
    args, kwargs = self.arguments.evaluate()
  File "C:\Games\RPG Maker\Rogue-Like-0.981c-win\renpy\ast.py", line 184, in evaluate
    args.append(renpy.python.py_eval(v, locals=scope))
  File "C:\Games\RPG Maker\Rogue-Like-0.981c-win\renpy\python.py", line 1794, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Games\RPG Maker\Rogue-Like-0.981c-win\renpy\python.py", line 1788, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/script Scenes.rpy", line 3268, in <module>
IndexError: list index out of range

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
Rogue-Like 0.981c

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
Do you have any idea if the android version is official (from teh dev)? thanks

durgadas

Mar 21, 2018
Since chmod changes the access permissions and not the actual contents of the file, we can conclude it's not us . . .
Yes, well last I looked it's generally bad form to make your customers do command line work (which most will not know) because you choose to use a particular method of compressing files. Your suggestion of WinRAR is a good example of this. Do you see how many steps it takes to install and use WinRAR for the Mac?

I'm glad there is a workaround for the problem the developer has created for us, but this does not change the fact that it's still a workaround for a problem they created.

The previous releases of the game did not have this issue.

So, if this is so common, why not compress the file using some method that doesn't strip permissions during the compression?

Again, that's YOUR issue, not ours.

As someone who works in DevOps, I don't think I'm out of place in saying so here. I even think my saying so is to the benefit of the developer.

Of course, it's not required someone listen to common sense customer service. I'm out.

Jonboy72

Jun 20, 2018
Just installed the latest version for android and when I went to load a old save it said there was an error and I had to start a new game losing all the progress I have done

raghavgarg28

Jun 20, 2018
You can fix the file on mac, I do it every time because everyone uses 7zip.

For anyone interested in how to do it.

Right click the app and click "Open Package Contents" then once you're inside open the Mac Os Folder till you find a document called "Rogue-Like" (Might have some other stuff). That document is actually an executable that has been messed up by our unzippers of choice. What we need to do is convince the OS that that document is actually the executable it really is.

How to do that. Open up your terminal and type "chmod +x" and then either type in the pathway to your the document or drag it into the terminal and it should auto put in the path. Doing this should fix the problem, as it has for me.

Fix for broken executable on Mac
TLDR;

Open Terminal
chmod +x "Your File"
Enter
Run
done this, still doesn't work

4.40 star(s) 148 Votes