Oshitari Azumi

Who's the strongest Nobbu?!
Donor
May 23, 2017
Is there no sound in this game?, it has volume options but no sound.
Yeah this game has a sound option because Ren'Py.
Seriously, couldn't you be more of a disappointment to your parents?
Wow. Just wow.
Just installed the latest version for android and when I went to load a old save it said there was an error and I had to start a new game losing all the progress I have done
Yeah, unless it's a bugfix version, you'll have to restart every time.

Barkin 10

Dec 27, 2016
Restarting is always a good idea, but I've got one series of saves that I've held onto and played since Kitty was introduced. Now I did have problems with them till the last bug fix.

ScottyLQ

Apr 28, 2017
hmmm for some reason my game fell into a "let me put on something more comfortable" glitch again. Might have to start over.

Oshitari Azumi

Donor
May 23, 2017
Is there a mod that gives different designs for the characters?
If by different designs you mean something other than the art style of the characters right now, no. The modded version introduces new clothes and actions with shared styles (i.e. doggy for all girls), but not really anything like a whole new art style.

AngeryLizard

Feb 18, 2018
- Rogue's sex scenes can now involve her torn hose/tights or her stockings with garterbelt. The art for this didn't work in previous builds so it was disabled, but I fixed it.

still doesn't work for me

mandrakemg

Aug 20, 2016
You can fix the file on mac, I do it every time because everyone uses 7zip.
For Mac versions of Ren'Py games that won't launch after decompressing, it often takes modifying the executable rights on two files before the app will Open successfully. In the case of Rogue-Like, these should be (inside Rogue-Like.app):
- Contents/MacOS/Rogue-Like
- Contents/MacOS/lib/darwin-x86_64/Rogue-Like

To deal with escaping spaces and otherwise getting the correct path, an easy way to make the changes is to open Terminal, then use right-click or Control-click to "Show Package Contents" so the "Contents" folder is showing in a separate Finder window. Type 'chmod u+x ' and then drag each of the above files onto the Terminal window to make it the target of the command. That makes running chmod on the 2 files a lot easier and less prone to syntax errors. So you'd get something like:
chmod u+x Rogue-Like/Rogue-Like.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/darwin-x86_64/Rogue-Like

I would advise using wine to rune the windows games, there are certain ones in which it doesn't work (dll files). (I use wine to play rogue like)
Wine is handy for Windows versions which don't have cross-platform builds, but it shouldn't be necessary for Ren'Py games since you can download the standalone launcher and drop any Windows version's game folder into it to open. That has the benefit of keeping all save files, etc within the Mac environment vs under Wine's, so that should a Mac version come out later you can pick up where you left off with it.

Fraggles

Aug 30, 2017
It just seems odd for there to be volume controls in a game that doesn't even have a basic ambient sound track, like, is sound a planned feature for later patches?

ScottyLQ

Apr 28, 2017
There is no file to start the game; there's just a contents folder.
Either you downloaded a corrupted RAR file, or your antivirus settings are too high and it's quarantining/deleting the files when you unpack them.

Oshitari Azumi

Donor
May 23, 2017
Either you downloaded a corrupted RAR file, or your antivirus settings are too high and it's quarantining/deleting the files when you unpack them.
My guess is the second issue. I would just disable antivirus and redownload, if you haven't tried that already.

Azami <3

Jun 22, 2017
Can anyone tell me where to get Laura's phone? at Xavieros in the office found a photo and a ring, what next? thanks
Laura in this version didn't have the phone yet and i think the photo and the ring just a tease for something in the new version i guess

raghavgarg28

Jun 20, 2018
For Mac versions of Ren'Py games that won't launch after decompressing, it often takes modifying the executable rights on two files before the app will Open successfully. In the case of Rogue-Like, these should be (inside Rogue-Like.app):
- Contents/MacOS/Rogue-Like
- Contents/MacOS/lib/darwin-x86_64/Rogue-Like

To deal with escaping spaces and otherwise getting the correct path, an easy way to make the changes is to open Terminal, then use right-click or Control-click to "Show Package Contents" so the "Contents" folder is showing in a separate Finder window. Type 'chmod u+x ' and then drag each of the above files onto the Terminal window to make it the target of the command. That makes running chmod on the 2 files a lot easier and less prone to syntax errors. So you'd get something like:
chmod u+x Rogue-Like/Rogue-Like.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/darwin-x86_64/Rogue-Like

Wine is handy for Windows versions which don't have cross-platform builds, but it shouldn't be necessary for Ren'Py games since you can download the standalone launcher and drop any Windows version's game folder into it to open. That has the benefit of keeping all save files, etc within the Mac environment vs under Wine's, so that should a Mac version come out later you can pick up where you left off with it.
Thanks bro, this worked

Reactions: mandrakemg
4.40 star(s) 148 Votes