CommanderShepard

Oct 24, 2018
In fact, any character will be good if you draw it well. It all depends on the author. Bad author can spoil even the most winning candidate...
If you look for guesses according to Oni's plans, then you should look for them from Oni himself.
If you look at what Oni does, the game is not the only thing he does. This is one of the reasons for long pauses between game updates.
Another area of work is the creation of images
(main paid resource)
(free resource with part of the work)
for example
Jubilee
View attachment 400070
Squirrel Girl
View attachment 400092
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Based on existing work, the list of candidates can be expanded to several dozen candidates....
What is annoys me, is that he just doesn't really tried to deliver any content, he's an artist for fuck sake, and it takes a fucking month to deliver a single sketch. Artist, takes a month for a singular sketch.

Seriously though he could already start 2nd project in for example Mass Effect universe since i can only assume he is a huge fan of the series judging by his gallery, and because got basics figured out it shouldn't be a big issue for him. On top of that it would attract more patreons.

aj1

Aug 5, 2016
What is annoys me, is that he just doesn't really tried to deliver any content, he's an artist for fuck sake, and it takes a fucking month to deliver a single sketch. Artist, takes a month for a singular sketch.

Seriously though he could already start 2nd project in for example Mass Effect universe since i can only assume he is a huge fan of the series judging by his gallery, and because got basics figured out it shouldn't be a big issue for him. On top of that it would attract more patreons.
Man, a Mass Effect game would be sweet.

Ric

Oct 21, 2016

This is debatable. He attracted an audience and occupied a certain niche in this market precisely due to author's drawings. To speed up the process, you need to automate it. So you need to use one of the 3D editors or attract other artists. Any of these options will destroy some of the features of the project that are now. There are many games on the market created with the help of 3D editors and the characters in them are similar, sometimes they are exact copies in different clothes. And if you take the terms, then Oni's pauses between updates are not the largest compared to other games. Some make 2-3 updates a year. Whatever the pauses between updates, there will always be a part of users who are satisfied with everything and some who are not satisfied with anything other than the “daily update”.
If you wish, you can do at least 10 projects at the same time, but without sacrificing quality, you cannot do this (even for two projects). Usually, other projects are resorted to if the first one ends, the audience has lost interest, or the author is dissatisfied with financial receipts.
For Oni the second project - drawing. It have their own sponsors and not the fact that they pay less there.
Until the number of sponsors and the amount of remuneration begins to seriously decrease, one cannot speak of the author’s incorrect strategy.

ex789

Sep 24, 2018
In fact, any character will be good if you draw it well. It all depends on the author. Bad author can spoil even the most winning candidate...
If you look for guesses according to Oni's plans, then you should look for them from Oni himself.
If you look at what Oni does, the game is not the only thing he does. This is one of the reasons for long pauses between game updates.
(main paid resource)
for example
Jubilee
View attachment 400070
Squirrel Girl
View attachment 400092

Based on existing work, the list of candidates can be expanded to several dozen candidates....
Wow, Oni's old art is pretty bad. If the game looked like that, I would not play it.

Ric

Oct 21, 2016
Wow, Oni's old art is pretty bad. If the game looked like that, I would not play it.
It sounds strange. Art is not related to the game, this is just another type of activity. Images for the game adapt in a completely different way, and to make sure this is enough to look at the screenshots in the OP.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ex789

ex789

Sep 24, 2018
It sounds strange. Art is not related to the game, this is just another type of activity. Images for the game adapt in a completely different way, and to make sure this is enough to look at the screenshots in the OP.
.... What?

Mathesar

Mar 20, 2018
She can summon fireworks out of herself or something I only remember her from the cartoon from the 90's and even then she didn't get much screentime also that rogue had a pretty nice ass or it's the suit who knows
It's too bad Zero's power would suppress this. Literal fireworks on orgasm would be interesting.

Ric

Oct 21, 2016
408132_352157_349562_308700_SquirrelGirlSketch.jpg

Candidate A description with examples of images of other authors

Candidate B description with examples of images of other authors

Candidate C description with examples of images of other authors

Candidate D description with examples of images of other authors

Gwenpool is not Girl 5

p22

Jun 21, 2017
He could finish Rogue-like if he had another programmer but he refuses to hire one 'cos rogue-like is a pet project/hobby thing and besides it's milking patreons just fine
And why should he?
If he likes coding on his project, that is his thing and no one should force him to give that up.

He probably relaxes from making his art by doing coding for this game.

Plus hiring other people can turn into disaster. Have someone else maintain your code then leave, leaving you to clean up his s**t. No thanks...

Reactions: Pharan

LOGhetto

Nov 8, 2017

I do gotta say him taking a month for a simple sketch is sketch itself. Seen artists who take less than a week to make a what they call a "doodle" and it's 9/10 some really amazing artwork. Oni can't act like his art skills aren't improved by any means either. Patreon unfortunately breeds scam artists (no pun intended).

ElyonLover

Dec 10, 2018
(main paid resource)
for example
Jubilee
View attachment 400070
Squirrel Girl
View attachment 400092

If he stuck with these designs this would be my favorite game.
Maybe in the future where he works harder we would get variant designs.

lampiao

Jul 1, 2018
if it takes too long and deliver at least 3 complete and 1 missing scene for me is already a huge progress. to last girl or come gwenpool or mystic

Ric

Oct 21, 2016
Another site where there is part of the work Oni

There are a lot of characters from Marvel, X-Men
(Another site mentioned earlier #7,242)

Oni Avatar Prototype from
"Here's Oniko, my little mascot character, celebrating the Setsubun holiday (or, having it celebrated at her, I suppose). A topless version is up at "
Oniko Setsubun by Oni.jpg

JeanGrey
22089 - Jean_Grey Marvel Oni_(artist) X-Men.jpg
411386 - Emma_Frost Jean_Grey Marvel Oni_(artist) White_Queen X-Men.jpg

Storm
86081 - Marvel Oni_(artist) Storm X-Men.jpg
117075 - Marvel Oni_(artist) Shadowcat Storm X-Men X-Men_Evolution.jpg

Many characters from X-Men Oni started painting back in 2007 and earlier. Subsequently, the experience of these works was applied in the game.

ex789

Sep 24, 2018
Another site where there is part of the work Oni

There are a lot of characters from Marvel, X-Men
(Another site mentioned earlier #7,242)

Oni Avatar Prototype from
"Here's Oniko, my little mascot character, celebrating the Setsubun holiday (or, having it celebrated at her, I suppose). A topless version is up at "
View attachment 400951

JeanGrey
View attachment 400952
View attachment 401022

Storm
View attachment 400958
View attachment 400959

Many characters from X-Men Oni started painting back in 2007 and earlier. Subsequently, the experience of these works was applied in the game.
Man, those are awful looking.

4.40 star(s) 148 Votes