uchihafabio

Sep 10, 2017
wait.
I waited months for 0 new content and a ton of bugs, PLUS the added bonus of him mucky up the entire coding library so bad that the expanded mod team has to basically go in and fix a ton of it before they can even implement SOME of the basic features they added?

God, being a Rogue Like fan is more suffering than being a berserk fan sometimes.
Still it's buch better than innocent witches

Pervy Rogue

Modder
Nov 9, 2016
To clear up some questions about the current state of Rogue-Like, Oni, and his development time:

0.990 is a code-base change. I still haven't looked at the code so I do not yet know what it will take to make it correct and stable. The purpose of this change was to provide common base code for most of the functions in the game, reduce the massive number of conditional statement, and speed up the game overall.

About release times: Art is what takes Oni the longest to work on. For those who have looked at previous Oni code, you would have seen that mostly he just copy/pastas across the girls. No, he is not a programmer, which is why he has so many bug hunt releases. This release is probably gonna be hell on the alphabet.

What this current change does do, is to allow Oni to grow the code faster and with less hunting through code for changes. More time for him to focus on art means better releases for y'all. Don't count on Jean though until fall. It takes a lot of art to make a single fully developed character.

Vodde

Nov 26, 2017
0.990c
Oni info:
Ok, this should clear up some issues these builds have been having with girls having threesomes with themselves (at least until the Cuckoos get in). It had to do with the game adding multiple copies of the characters to a given list, and I think I fixed that. If you have saves halfway through a scene then there might still be some issues with those, but it shouldn't keep causing these problems on new scenes.

This should also fix a problem that was stalling Laura's intro scenes, some of Emma's checks, and a few other elements.

Last build for now, if this one somehow works worse than b, then just go back to b for a bit. ;) I'll be back later.
0.990c win:

0.990c mac:

0.990c linux:

Last edited:

AR21

Mar 19, 2017
For years now I'm reading about how this dev is doin "under the hood" stuff, frankly now I'm tired of this shit. I am not an expert programmer and obviously the code is infinitely less important to me than the content. There's like 2-3 dozen cgs added ( I might be wrong)since I've started playing this game when Rogue was the only girl. Oni really should hire more renpy coders.

Reactions: DannyhelMont

Nightwings

Jan 17, 2018
Well I believe when most players talk about new content, they mean new sex animations or new X-Girls like Jean we voted recently.
So far until my games crashes (I don't believe I'm spoiling a lot but still be awarned...) I noticed now MC addictivness seems to be effective with every girls not just Rogue with new scenes. So they'll regulary "come" after you as Rogue did... which can be annoying sometimes... and it seems to be unavoidable, that triggers automatically from the moment you met the girls, except with Emma where you still need to "catch" her. And I tried to be "mean" with her but they always get back... :oops:

Mistress_Kixen

Engaged Member
Jun 12, 2017
Well I believe when most players talk about new content, they mean new sex animations or new X-Girls like Jean we voted recently.
So far until my games crashes (I don't believe I'm spoiling a lot but still be awarned...) I noticed now MC addictivness seems to be effective with every girls not just Rogue with new scenes. So they'll regulary "come" after you as Rogue did... which can be annoying sometimes... and it seems to be unavoidable, that triggers automatically from the moment you met the girls, except with Emma where you still need to "catch" her. And I tried to be "mean" with her but they always get back... :oops:
So you are basically like heroin to them and they are heroin junkies. No matter how much you abuse them, wreak them Etc they still come back for more. But with all these bugs it makes me just want to stick with the one I have now.

rexharbinger

Sep 15, 2017
I'm excited about this. He really did need to go back and clean up his code. This was one of my first, and one of my favorite, RenPy games (not sure if Princess trainer beat it or not). I enjoy the themes this game plays with.
A few things I really would like for him to focus on rather then just adding new girls over and over, is one time events. Not triggered ones, like when the girl calls you to the room and unlocks a new nickname. But random ones that can occur if you have met the requirements. There are a few, but not many, and generally just consisting of a few lines.
Also, some sort of explanation after you unlock them walking around naked how none of the other teachers or students give them any trouble. I don't have any good ideas on that one, just think there should be some sort of explanation.

Still, looking forward to the update. I'll try and hold off downloading it until most of the bugs are worked out, but no promises...

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
if you want everything without typing your fingers bloody...

Code:
Player.Cash = 99999; Player.Income = 1000; Player.Semen_Max = 10; Player.Lvl = 6; Player.StatPoints = 10; RogueX.Love = 1000; RogueX.Obed = 1000; RogueX.Inbt = 1000; RogueX.Lvl = 6; RogueX.StatPoints = 6; RogueX.LikeEmma = 1000; RogueX.LikeKitty = 1000; RogueX.LikeLaura = 1000; KittyX.Love = 1000; KittyX.Obed = 1000; KittyX.Inbt = 1000; KittyX.Lvl = 6; KittyX.StatPoints = 6; KittyX.LikeEmma = 1000; KittyX.LikeRogue = 1000; KittyX.LikeLaura = 1000; EmmaX.Love = 1000; EmmaX.Obed = 1000; EmmaX.Inbt = 1000; EmmaX.Lvl = 6; EmmaX.StatPoints = 6; KittyX.LikeRogue = 1000; EmmaX.LikeKitty = 1000; EmmaX.LikeLaura = 1000; LauraX.Love = 1000; LauraX.Obed = 1000; LauraX.Inbt = 1000; LauraX.Lvl = 6; LauraX.StatPoints = 6; LauraX.LikeEmma = 1000; LauraX.LikeKitty = 1000; KittyX.LikeRogue = 1000
copy-paste.

4.40 star(s) 149 Votes