Jun 3, 2017
The developer is a perfectionist that has created a Byzantine labyrinthine of spaghetti code, just like any other madman he doesn't want anyone else's help to taint his magnum opus, nor is there anybody out there that could help untangle this mess without breaking his legs, besides the devil himself.
God forbid if anyone does attempt to make sense of his code, there's gonna be yet another Yandere Simulator situation, albeit with less controversy.
It might not be noticeable at first, but overall, if we compare the early versions to the latest releases, we'll find that the game and renpy are really struggling, and it's only gonna get worse as more and more content get thrown on top of a already shaky foundation.

dootdootwan

Feb 25, 2020
The developer is a perfectionist that has created a Byzantine labyrinthine of spaghetti code, just like any other madman he doesn't want anyone else's help to taint his magnum opus, nor is there anybody out there that could help untangle this mess without breaking his legs, besides the devil himself.
I talk a lot of shit about this game and this hellhole of a thread but this guy gets it.

Turkis

Jul 17, 2017
God forbid if anyone does attempt to make sense of his code, there's gonna be yet another Yandere Simulator situation, albeit with less controversy.
It might not be noticeable at first, but overall, if we compare the early versions to the latest releases, we'll find that the game and renpy are really struggling, and it's only gonna get worse as more and more content get thrown on top of a already shaky foundation.
I agree, there are some issues with the game, sometimes I can see the game just... lag for a second or two on an act it wasn't lagging earlier. I think you're right, the more content that is added on, the worse it's going to get. And while I know others have stated he should hire a professional coder to recode the game, I just have to wonder, how long would it take to rewrite the code? With all the content that's already in, it would take months. Although, at the rate Oni updates the game, it might actually be faster to hire a coder to recode the entire game before he's ready for an update.

Aurelius

Feb 4, 2017
That's one of the main reasons the mod has been a pain in the ass for the coders to work on and why the game is so laggy: Oni's code is a horrendous mess that borders Yanderedev in his love of redundant statements. It's also why we decided to build a new codebase, which was delayed for a while but is back to making progress. I've followed the game since the beginning and I would not hold my breath over it ever getting "done". It may break down completely before it ever actually is finished by Oni if he doesn't fix the code. Also before people suggest any new girls or fetishes (that will never be in the game) it would be a lot more prudent to suggest (on his patreon where he actually reads what you suggest) he speed the game up by optimizing his code and by working on art and events for the existing girls.

naoligopraisso

Jun 13, 2018
wow, it’s been a while since I played or even downloaded the game, I did it yesterday and I must say, the storm was incredible, very sexy, I'm anxious for the update with her

JaSteel

Oct 14, 2020
what is this plan with the girls and xavier people talk about? is there more to do than just build a harem?
Basically has to do with getting it on in public (exhibitionism). Xavier will stop you when caught unless you work out a deal with him for each girl.

4.40 star(s) 148 Votes