Ren'Py Completed Room for Rent [v16 beta] [CeLaVie Group]

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes

azdeath

Jun 10, 2019
Hoping someone can help. Been through the thread and couldn't find anything to help me. I'm stuck with 57/72 missing events 1, 20,26,27,28,52,53,54,61,61,63,64,65,66,68.
Thanks in advance guys.
it seems to be a problem with the update 12 as Nerevar2 stated

If wt wont help, go to WTmod topic and look at post #149. It helped me with exactly the same problem.
same post helped me as i only got the walkthru mod after i was stuck it just seems something moved in the code

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
Yeah it helped me, thanks guys! Now i'm on the update 12 and missing event 50.
I'm curious, how do you know what event you missed? I just see a running number, i.e. 30/32 up in the left hand corner. Is there somewhere that you can look to see a breakdown of the events?

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
Respectfully, I disagree. You are correct insomuch as the events that are repeatable happen at the same time, and typically in the same room - until, they don't. That is, when you first begin playing the game it is a process of elimination and then, without any means to determine the progression of events, it becomes a guessing game until you find the next event, ad naseum. The complaints aren't so much that the game is difficult, rather it is an unnecessary grind for the player to get very little in the way of new rewards for their hours of grind. You even say, "There are many constant parts in the game..." - that particular part of the game is exactly why it is such an issue for the players that are tired of the guessing game...I mean how do you know when it is time to move to the next room and begin the hunt all over again? Please don't say. "the points go up" that went out the window versions ago and now it is a matter of seeing a new outfit in a scene, or a new bit of dialogue that there may be some progress? Seriously, how would you really know where to go from there without a near infinite number of clicks and guesses to get there? I guess the best way to put it in perspective is to ask how many hours of time were put in by a player and what was the reward for the time spent? And, would the player consider that reward and the time spent to be equitable?
I agree with you. You are intuitively expected to know the magic number is 3 times to view a scene than after that you just click through til the next one? That's tedious to the extreme. If it wasn't for the color coded mod I would have quit playing a while back and I think that becomes out of date at some point. Even with the mod, there are numerous consecutive days of nothing new happening that you have to click through. Oh, I suppose I could skip days, but then it's "did I miss some new event?" as I notice somethings only happen during a certain day. As for the click scene 3x before the girl changes seems odd when you're told not to be a pervert and somehow the girl yelling at you to get out of the room or don't touch me there screams pervert to me. lol It does seem like a lot of clicks to get any kind of payback and even then its not much progress, but somehow I keep clicking for the next day, hoping something nice will happen. lol

SISIMEN

Jun 9, 2017
I'm curious, how do you know what event you missed? I just see a running number, i.e. 30/32 up in the left hand corner. Is there somewhere that you can look to see a breakdown of the events?
Aaaaand, that the question isn't it? how in the Hell do you even know? I'm with you...

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
Alright, in V9 and no new events have been happening for about 2-3 weeks. Missing 7 events (4, 10, 19, 20, 28, 35, 41). What's going on? This is the major problem with this game, too much tedious clicking that gets you nowhere. Does the game not progress after awhile if you did something in wrong order? If so, the game becomes a major waste of time then.

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes