Ren'Py Completed Room for Rent [v16 beta] [CeLaVie Group]

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
So if that's the case, it would be nice if someone told the mod the triggers can be out of order and lock progress. I didn't have that happen today. I finished it without a walkthrough by following Sandra until a day went by with no progress then switched to following Amy until no progress in one day. It went back and forth like 2x and I was stuck at 70/71 for 3 days until sunday afternoon. So I literally stumbled into half the events. After a hour I felt like I'd watched the movie "Groundhog" 100x. It's that kind of grind. I felt like I was being drip-fed tits and ass as an exercise in blue-balling. So I understand the player's frustration. But I'm stubborn and patient so I finished it and knew we were told of some serious bugs. I wondered if it was just the mechanics which would make sense but that's not a reason to hold the game.

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
muttdoggy even also the dev himself told me that he has seen that there is too much grind during Amy's sickness and that there have to be adjustments. Exactly for that to figure out, the alpha was released for a few people to test, give feedback and to be able to change things.
That one of them leaked a version which contains bugs and (confirmed) a horrible grind, was never planned.
That's what i meant with "alpha for testing". If a dev would be able to script a full playable and optimal balanced version, he wouldn't have to release internal alpha at all - you may agree to that.
It would be not bad at all even to leak such an alpha, IF the people over here would be able to differentiate whether a version is in work progress (and maybe help with constructive feedback), or if a version is released as "finished". If a "finished" version will be grindy, full of bugs, illogical, horrible renders or whatever, it's fine to say why you like it or not and make reviews.
NOTE: even the new beta is NOT the finished version and further adjustments should follow up (just saying)

Last edited:

lilliaa

Sep 5, 2018
You know, that's funny how everyone just say that the game has only negative review because of an alpha or beta release while full real release were bashed the same way...

I know people want to defend the game they like, but if I like a game that everyone say it's bad (which i do) then i'll only answer "yeah, I know, but I still like it".

increadible how people refuse to see the flaws of a game because they like it.

I would also like to point out that if none of the fans, nor the devs, are ready to deal with bullshit from haters, they should, just maybe, don't use internet at all.

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
i do not "defend the game" - i am fine with all reviews which are made on a full release (if they are justified and not just "bad game 1 star" in short words)
I just say that it is not fair to rate a game by alpha, while a dev has no chance to change things - if he doesnt change until release = full go review

EDIT: But we should go back topic

Lukumoide

Jan 25, 2018
Walkthrough 6 Alpha

I only write where and when the events are triggered, the rest of the time you can do what you like, don't forget to shower and clean the kitchen every day. After Amy is sick, do not forget to enter Master bedroom every 3 hours.

Day 1 Tuesday (Mine saves day 91)
9:00 Bathroom -> Open Door/ Event 1
10:00 Office/ Event 2
13:00 Girl Room/ Event 3 and 4
16:00 Swimming Pool/ Event 5
20:00 Dining Room/ Event 6
21:00 Girl Room/ Event 7
22:00 Living Room/ Event 8

Day 2 Wednesday
13:00 New girl/ Event 9
14:00 Kitchen/ Event 10
15:00 Swimming Pool/ Event 11
20:00 Dining Room/ Event 12
21:00 Swimming Pool/ Event 13
22:00 Hot Tub/ Event 14
23:00 Bathroom/ Event 15
24:00 Girl Room/ Event 16

Day 3 Thursday
8:00 Girl Room/ Event 17
10:00 Office/ Event 18
13:00 Girl Room/ Event 19
17:00 Swimming Pool/ Event 20
18:00 Swimming Pool/ Event 21
20:00 Dining Room/ Event 22
21:00 Girl Room/ Event 23
22:00 Hot Tub/ Event 24
24:00 Kitchen/ Event 25

Day 4 Friday
8:00 Girl Room/ Event 26
13:00 Girl Room/ Event 27
17:00 Swimming Pool/ Event 28
21:00 Girl Room/ Event 29

Day 5 Saturday
8:00 Girl Room/ Event 30
11:00 Swimming Pool/ Event 31
13:00 Girl Room/ Event 32
21:00 Girl Room/ Event 33

Day 6 Sunday
8:00 Girl Room/ Event 34
15:00 Swimming Pool/ Event 35
16:00 Swimming Pool/ Event 36
21:00 Girl Room/ Event 37

Day 7 Monday
8:00 Girl Room/ Event 38
21:00 Swimming Pool/ Event 39

Day 8 Tuesday
8:00 Bathroom -> Take shower/ Event 40
21:00 Swimming Pool/ Event 41

Day 9 Wednesday
8:00 Dining Room/ Event 42
9:00 Bathroom -> Sneak peek/ Event 43
12:00 Master bedroom -> Continue/ Event 44 and 45
21:00 Swimming Pool/ Event 46
23:00 Master bedroom/ Event 47

Day 10 Thursday
8:00 Dining Room/ Event 48
15:00 Living Room/ Event 49
17:00 Swimming Pool Enter 2 times (is a bug)/ Event 50 and 51 then enter master bedroom
18:00 Swimming Pool/ Event 52
19:00 Kitchen/ Event 53
20:00 Dining Room/ Event 54
23:00 Bathroom/ Event 55

Day 11 Friday
8:00 Dining Room/ Event 56
9:00 Bathroom/ Event 57
13:00 Girl Room/ Event 58
14:00 Kitchen/ Event 59
15:00 Living Room/ Event 60
18:00 Swimming Pool/ Event 61

Day 12 Saturday
8:00 Dining Room/ Event 62
9:00 Bathroom/ Event 63
11:00 Swimming Pool/ Event 64
13:00 Photo studio/ Event 65
17:00 Swimming Pool/ Enter 2 times (is a bug)/ Event 66 and 67

Day 13 Sunday
When you wake up, reward from Amy/ Event 68
8:00 Girl Room/ Event 69

Day 14 Monday
13:00 Girl Room/ Event 70
16:00 Living Room/ Event 71

Lukumoide

Jan 25, 2018
I think that all games should have at least the same difficulty level as v6 alpha. It is very good that there are dead ends. The normal beta version is much too easy. And it is much less fun when it is too easy. I am enthusiastic about this game (I only know the game since Monday). Starting next month I will support the game developer. Absolutely five stars for me.

Last edited:

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
GUYS - (i say this once again) there will be 72 events in beta.

And If you play the alpha, you will probably not be able to continue 7.0

so i suggest AGAIN to STOP sharing and playing the alpha (beta will be there VERY soon)

also @Lukumoide WT is not really positive, even beta might have changed things

Lukumoide

Jan 25, 2018
I will play the beta version from the beginning, too. It takes about 2 to 3 hours to finish. It would be very good if everything had changed in V6 Beta, it means having fun again. I personally hate walkthrough, I wrote it for my friend Hlextor and because a lot of people have trouble posting here too.

Last edited:

Tabu9000

May 4, 2018
So you mean someone lied to the moderators about this v0.6 supposedly being a broken build if it's easy to get all 71 steps by "smart players"?
Reported.
Gumarijus looks for v5.0 so we post each other. I answer " It's no longer a favor to post the final v5.0" one of this conversation you pick up. "Only small difference between beta and alpha both maybe works" that is a fact.

I never mention broken or even can´t finish one of these version. In one way you must be better as plenty other player to post for help. Call them "smart" something wrong with this? Please stay to the topic " Someone promise to send final v5.0 here ".

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
Gumarijus looks for v5.0 so we post each other. I answer " It's no longer a favor to post the final v5.0" one of this conversation you pick up. "Only small difference between beta and alpha both maybe works" that is a fact.

I never mention broken or even can´t finish one of these version. In one way you must be better as plenty other player to post for help. Call them "smart" something wrong with this? Please stay to the topic " Someone promise to send final v5.0 here ".
First seems to me that the v 5.0 beta is also the final version so there is no need for the public release here, we have it already. As I understand how some devs work it is to release games to patrons first as a reward for their support then do a public release. Second I think that talking about v 6.0 is on topic since a lot of people have been able to play it. Some of them if not all are probably patrons with no way to tell if they are or aren't. I do know that it was a small window of time to download it here. I missed it and haven't played it nor do I really wish to until it has a public release. Let the dev release it in his/her own time.

Tabu9000

May 4, 2018
First seems to me that the v 5.0 beta is also the final version so there is no need for the public release here, we have it already. As I understand how some devs work it is to release games to patrons first as a reward for their support then do a public release. Second I think that talking about v 6.0 is on topic since a lot of people have been able to play it. Some of them if not all are probably patrons with no way to tell if they are or aren't. I do know that it was a small window of time to download it here. I missed it and haven't played it nor do I really wish to until it has a public release. Let the dev release it in his/her own time.
So I´m :cool: As a supporter of this game I stay cool and try to give a fair answer. That´s not easy, but the only way to get the update from Dev here next month and cross my fingers.

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
So I´m :cool: As a supporter of this game I stay cool and try to give a fair answer. That´s not easy, but the only way to get the update from Dev here next month and cross my fingers.
I figured you were a supporter. I really hope the dev isn't that thin skinned. As I stated before I am on SS so my budget is very limited so I don't support any games. This is a very good work and deserves to be played. I fear that if v 6.0 isn't released here that he could lose supporters. That would be a shame.

Edit: I can always move on to other games though.

Tabu9000

May 4, 2018
I figured you were a supporter. I really hope the dev isn't that thin skinned. As I stated before I am on SS so my budget is very limited so I don't support any games. This is a very good work and deserves to be played. I fear that if v 6.0 isn't released here that he could lose supporters. That would be a shame.

Edit: I can always move on to other games though.
I´m not thin skinned. I play until end of v5.0. Of course I don´t hope:)I know that he published the final v6.0 next month;)

Don´t worry the Dev will do this for some reason. You, me and all others how like this game can wait, we far away from a forum when all updates done. Like every "GG" get this later.:LOL:

thelycan

Jul 18, 2019
You have to do a little search in the thread. It was addressed some posts ago.
Me and another guy had the same issue. For me the solution was going to the dining room at 8 am instead of bathroom as suggested by hints
Type 52/53 in the search bar
Good luck
ohh ok sorry for that mistake then, i will try that then.

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
UPDATE - now i REALLY recommend to delete 6.0 alpha and wait for beta!

i just playtested the new 6.0 BETA - here's what i experienced:

New 6.0 BETA will include back the hint system - you will get hints what you have to do every morning after wake up as thoughts -> REALLY helpful
Also there are now 72 events, while the "new" one is somewhere in the middle. So if you continue your 6.0 alpha game, you probably will miss that trigger and cant fiinish or continue with 7.0 later on
Further the grind is really less than 6.0 Alpha, but still a high grind, to be honest. But based on the fact, that the new hint system really exactly tells you, what you are missing, the grind is much more acceptable as in 6.0 alpha.

From my opinion, the BETA can be leaked, even there might be changes to final version though (Of course I will NOT leak XD - just saying) The beta is a good improvement compared to the Alpha.

Last words: STRONGLY RECOMMEND NOT TO USE AMY LOCATOR or "Skip-script" - they hack into the games scripts deeply and really may mess up your game. With the new hints and some brain, the Locator is not really needed anymore though

EDIT:
The changes between this alpha and the new beta really show, that the dev is responsive for critics and also show how alpha is used to test things, before the overworked version goes to beta! Just saying this, to underline what i said earlier: dont judge on alpha - give response and feedback in a mature manner - wait until the end version is out, before complaining, shouting and swearing - thanks

Last edited:
2.90 star(s) 104 Votes