Ren'Py Completed Room for Rent [v16 beta] [CeLaVie Group]

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
kitchen is 22:00 or 23:00 (at least one of the times)
i guess it's the kitchen 23:00, but i did it several times until
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and there is no progress of that scene anymore

i also repeated all nude scenes for cleaning

mc134

Jun 2, 2017
Stuck in the Amy sick loop. Loaded a pre-sick save. It seems when Sandra comes home at 13:00 on day Amy becomes sick, there should be a scene where Old Man takes off Sandras shirt but that does not occur?

Anyone else stuck in the Amy sick loop can offer help?

Lgn332

May 23, 2018
What I believe that people who have this problem are experiencing is that they are trying to play a 6.0 alpha save with the 7.0 game. They don't appear to be compatible.

The simple solutions are to download the clean saves from page 152 (posted 2/2/2020) or sign up for the Celaviegroup Patreon for some direct help from the Dev.
In the file main.rpy, line 7532, the developer checks if the variable eventhack6_1 equals 1.
If it does the game should show you a black screen with big white letters letting you know your savegame is from an illegally downloaded version of the game and then quit.

if eventhack6_1 == 1:
show black
show text "{size=100} You have played an illegal alpha version of Room for Rent. In order to continue you must contact CelaVieGroup {/size}" with dissolve
$ rfr_pause(1, hard = True)
$ renpy.quit()

Problem is, at least in my case, that it doesn't show the black screen, so I'm unable to see the warning message and the game just quits.

If you change the code from "show black" to "scene black" then it works as the developer intended.

A bug?

But well, if you have gotten there you might as well force the variable to zero before the check and continue playing with your old savegame...

Reactions: FrankFurters

mc134

Jun 2, 2017
Stuck in the Amy sick loop. Loaded a pre-sick save. It seems when Sandra comes home at 13:00 on day Amy becomes sick, there should be a scene where Old Man takes off Sandras shirt but that does not occur?

Anyone else stuck in the Amy sick loop can offer help?
I possibly solved this by going back before the sick day and finding a midnight event in kitchen with Sandra. Resumed play pursuant to spreadsheet walkthrough and bypassed the sick loop.

Shippudn

Aug 24, 2017
"Saves with v6.0 alpha may not be compatible. You may need to load an older save." after had be following that Excel and had been editing save files to know what Im missing, you want me to do it again, big lmao

Hinatsukino

Jul 15, 2018
So, the new pause management thing (whatever the hell that is) is pretty confusing. I'm already having a hard time progressing. (It just keeps telling me to raise her confidence. Been doing that for 3 weeks, now.) So, I tried turning this thing on and it says "Don't complain about not being able to progress." The fuck does it do, then? It sounded like it was supposed to speed things up, but then warns me that I won't be able to progress? I already can't progress. This is irritating.

Jan 11, 2018
Hello everyone,

I have a problem on Day 6. The walkthrough say that at 8am in bathroom we supposed to take the towel but for me there is nothing to do.

Someone have an idea ?

Thanks in advance for your help

cruzerdk

Apr 11, 2019
Help pls, im stuck at 27/32 "i should wish her goodnight in the kitchen at 23.00" been grinding for a looong time, and are currently at day 100:mad: what to do????

Never mind, found it.....

Last edited:

dandy1

May 6, 2017
I am stuck in v7 at 68/70. I think i have tried everything mentioned. I have only been able to use the drone once. Is that normal. Also, I have no idea about this "book". Where can I locate it? Thanks for any ideas.

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
I am stuck in v7 at 68/70. I think i have tried everything mentioned. I have only been able to use the drone once. Is that normal. Also, I have no idea about this "book". Where can I locate it? Thanks for any ideas.
exactly the same over here

Lgn332

May 23, 2018
"Saves with v6.0 alpha may not be compatible. You may need to load an older save." after had be following that Excel and had been editing save files to know what Im missing, you want me to do it again, big lmao
You can solve that creating a file called "whatever.rpy" in the same folder as archive.rpa (Roomforrent-7_0_beta_b_for_USD_5_members-win\game)

In this file copy this two lines:

label after_load:
$ eventhack6_1 = 0

Note: indentation matters! (four spaces, not a tab, before the "$" in the second line)

Source: https://f95zone.to/threads/how-to-variables-and-save-compatibility.16011/
"When it exist, the after_load label is automatically called by Ren'py each time a saved file is loaded"

This way you skip the check that kicks you out the game.

Reactions: Streetfighter

Baxonius

Nov 23, 2018
Dear Dev.

i can see really many players and me have same problem with stuck in a lots events. the hints didnt help very much.
maybe the game need a better hint and info to how progress forward with event. walkthrough do not really help.

and possible add Amy Locator mod in game in future? this make more easier to find Amy instead for click every all room in every hour, isnt that a bit too hard ?.

please reconsider and solve this "problem". thanks.

Reactions: Yolomako and keer
2.90 star(s) 104 Votes