Ren'Py Completed Room for Rent [v16 beta] [CeLaVie Group]

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes

sweesh

Mar 9, 2020
i stuck at 51/53 event [...]
On Wednesday i can't do Event 51, 52
Pardon the noob question but: where did you find the "event numbering"?
I haven't noticed any labelling around the game.
I've been a bit struggling with the frustration of not having any progress indicator (not a progress bar, but at least a stats or skills screen that can show if I'm actually progressing or I'm just running around in circles. I'm not exactly fan of feeling like a hamster on a wheel).

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Hello,
I just found this game and I'm a stage where I'm a bit confused:

V 8 beta for windows

Day 28

I got her:
Night dress
Summer dress
swimsuite
maid dress
Yoga outfit

I got nip and lips slips, I can remove the towel for the bathroom

At 14 (2pm) and 16 (4pm) from Monday to Saturday, and Saturday at noon: I cannot find Amy.
The only room that seems to be “active” is her bedroom, I knock on the door, she doesn’t answer.
I can open the door or leave: if I leave time doesn’t advance, if I open the door she’s not here.

Also I had the whole conversation about her dream job not he balcony, we were suppose to use the Photo studio but it never happened. Same for her friend Liza: she told me she met her, and I answered she can come over but it never happend.

Is it the game designed to be an infinite grind or am I missing something?

Thank you.
Hi
Not an infinite grind but a slow but steady development.
It takes quite a while to get the hang of the game mechanics but once you understand the devs
underlying strategies it gets easier but not necessarily faster.
Keep in mind that every new event leads somehow to the next one.
If you miss the slightest difference in the dialogue, you're screwed!

sweesh

Mar 9, 2020
Hi
Not an infinite grind but a slow but steady development.
I'm totally fine with slow (well, within reason), but the lack of any progress indication right now is concerning me.
Can you at least tell me if I'm stuck or if what I reported is suppose to be like that (or if you need more infos?)
I'm very worried about the missing photoshoot, the missing friend and most of all: that "she's in her bedroom, but she's not there" business.

It takes quite a while to get the hang of the game mechanics but once you understand the devs
underlying strategies it gets easier but not necessarily faster.
Well, I feel like I got a hang of that:
- learn and predict where she will be at any given hour of the day: I made a spreadsheet ( ) that I keep updated for this (imho this is not very engaging tho, and it's part of the grinding feel. It feels more like a job that a game)
- always be in the room/place where she is (basically follow her around the house like a horny puppy, but don't show how horny you really are)
- don't piss her off

Keep in mind that every new event leads somehow to the next one.
yes, that is something I did notice (and well, it make sense. Random unrelated events, would be a very bad story design)

If you miss the slightest difference in the dialogue, you're screwed!
this is not gonna play well with dyslexia :(

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Hi Sweesh

It took me over 10 times to start again from scratch/day 1 to finally get to grips with this one.
I don't know how many times I almost gave up after grinding hour after hour without a clue what I missed or what I/MC
was supposed to do.
After getting the WT it got a little bit easier but not much.
I think I started to play this thing just after its first release sometimes in august last year and it wasn't until recently in january I finally got the message.
I waited until v8.0Beta came out to continue and since a few days ago I'm on track with stuff happening and the development.
As I mentioned, it's a steady but slow pace.
Don't expect to run through it like some of the other players that brag about how quickly they've run through it, with or without unren.
This game is not for speed freaks.

And most importantly: Don't be a pervert!!!
Be a dirty old geezer but never a perv.

sweesh

Mar 9, 2020
My questions still stand:
- We were supposed to have a photoshoot and she never showed up. Is it fine or I screwed up? Can I recover some how? (if there's a reason if she didn't show up, well, a clue about the reason would be highly appreciated)
- we talked about her friend (while on the balcony) and how she's more than welcome to come over. Friend never showed up
- I've time slots where the game says she's in her bedroom, yet after knocking and opening the door she's not there and she's not in ANY other room (I've checked all the rooms at those times for 3 "game weeks" now and she's not were to be found)

I don't want to pass as pushy but: the "infinte grind" was a part of the ending comment of a post, can we address the "meaty" part of my post, pretty please?
Also: I'm totally fine with spoilers. Knowledge doesn't reduce my enjoyment of things, it actually improves it.

After getting the WT it got a little bit easier but not much.
What's this "WT"?

I think I started to play this thing just after its first release sometimes in august last year and it wasn't until recently in january I finally got the message.
Hemmmm... I'm not sure I was (not I am) prepared to embark in a 6months job when I got this game...

This game is not for speed freaks.
That is pretty clear (even from the anal dev's message in the help menu you can find on the laptop, in the office, at noon),
but yet I wouldn't expect it to be "skyrim level" of game time!
Skyrim is an open world! Not a ~10 rooms house :p
Also: the "grinding" feeling comes from keeping doing the same exact things, and the reading the same exact text, over and over again and again. Length is good if there's engagement, repeating is hardly engaging unless it's for a gamer's choice ("I gotta grind this to up this stat to active that).

And most importantly: Don't be a pervert!!!
Be a dirty old geezer but never a perv.
yeah that's pretty much the only thing I am sure of right now.

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
WT=walkthrough=step by step guide

I didn't play non stop for 6 months!
When the grind was too much I took a brake for a few weeks.

About where you are stuck am I sorry I can't help you much since it seems you're at the beginning before the event numbers show up.
It's been over six months since I was there.
Check out the walkthrough /link page 1/ and find out what to fulfill before photoshoot is possible.
Might have to "waste" an extra day of repeating to get there

Last edited:

LucT

Sep 20, 2017
Sorry, i have ask for help many times but nothing, now i have only one question, i lost event a8_36: (0), someone know how to help me?

weskerx

Mar 13, 2020
good afternoon !! I'm in the 27/32 part but when the old man is going to masturbate in the bathroom the game crash any solution ???

TvTone

Sep 3, 2019
A seriously bad grind of a game, which is a shame. It has promise, but the grind factor is through the roof, and same old scenes play out ad nauseum. I hate to criticise games, that time and effort has gone into, but this game deserves it. Too much grind, no animations - just slideshow scene changes.

Reactions: giqui

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
A seriously bad grind of a game, which is a shame. It has promise, but the grind factor is through the roof, and same old scenes play out ad nauseum. I hate to criticise games, that time and effort has gone into, but this game deserves it. Too much grind, no animations - just slideshow scene changes.
Now hey!
This is a grindy game!
So what! Quit!
I love it.
Three cuties ( well 2 so far ) to enamour and a few more waiting in the hall for pervy guy to smother and squeeezzeee.
What's the problem?
Play something else more exciting and wait for an update.

Reactions: cuteelf

weskerx

Mar 13, 2020
can anyone tell me which is scene 52/53 because i'm stuck in it i go to the bathroom in the morning and nothing, i went in the afternoon and nothing, he doesn't have a beard from scene 53? if anyone has save exactly at that point thank you for posting, thanks.

lonerboner

Jul 24, 2019
can someone look at my save file and help me, i'm stuck on 52/53 and the hint in the office is "shower at 8:00 at weekends". I did this many times but i'm still stuck on 52/53 nothing happening.

kensodoi

Sep 11, 2018
for the newcomer/newplayer for this game

when u had been stucked

u need help from here
first look at the screen left-top-corner
did u see any event counter?
if u see a counter(like15/15)
then u can check which chapter u are playing
no counter = ch.3.2 or older
xx/31(32???)=ch.3.6
xx/53=ch.4
xx/100=ch.5
xx/72=ch.6
xx/70=ch.7
xx/40=ch.8
xx/54=ch.9
xx/92=ch.10
xx/72=ch.11
xx/71=ch.12
xx/63=ch.13
xx/71=ch.14
xx/51=ch.15
xx/51=ch.16

if u are playing ch.11 or older chapter
u can get help from walkthrough posted at

for windows user
keyboard "F1" key to open menu(save &load)
keyboard TAB" key to fast forward

* at last
i dont test old chapter @ new version
so my works only match the same version
it is reference only for later version

Last edited:
Reactions: capitanqueso

kensodoi

Sep 11, 2018
what is the last event of v.7 suppose to be? I'm at 71/70.............
no one can tell u
u only can test are u finish or not??
2400 back to masterroom , then wait to see message like this 70(70).PNG
get it u finish

by the way i am interested the "71 event"
could u share the save???

Jun 13, 2018
no one can tell u
u only can test are u finish or not??
2400 back to masterroom , then wait to see message like this View attachment 586104
get it u finish

by the way i am interested the "71 event"
could u share the save???
I never got an answer to what 71/70 event was. Think it was just an error. I got a new save from Celavie, so I could start from beginning on v.8. All ok now.

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes