Ren'Py Completed Room for Rent [v16 beta] [CeLaVie Group]

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes

tenanonim

Nov 23, 2017
Pardon the noob question but: where did you find the "event numbering"?
I haven't noticed any labelling around the game.
I've been a bit struggling with the frustration of not having any progress indicator (not a progress bar, but at least a stats or skills screen that can show if I'm actually progressing or I'm just running around in circles. I'm not exactly fan of feeling like a hamster on a wheel).
Here -

Reactions: AdrielReborn

Massanian

Jun 5, 2017
Sorry i don't understand , how do you know that Friday 20 is events 8_36 and not 8_35 or 8_37?
I investigate it by looking through the code of the game. So when you did the extra step of letting me know the variable you are missing, I searched for it through the code to find where the game changes it, then back track to figure out how to access it :)

If you (or anyone is interested) in the code something like a8_36 == 0 is ASKING does a8_36 equal 0? This is used most often in "If a8_36 == 0" statements - that's NOT what I am looking for. I am looking for the assignment, a8_36 = 1 (or a8_36=1). This is updating the variable "a8_36 is now equal to 1", Spaces are mostly ignored in the code, so depending on the programmer, some add spaces while others don't.

Renpy games are very easy to decode and read through and even use what you learn to make your own game. With little-to-no experience, you can get the basics from online tutorials. In my own opinion, it's much harder to get the graphics than it is the coding.

LucT

Sep 20, 2017
I investigate it by looking through the code of the game. So when you did the extra step of letting me know the variable you are missing, I searched for it through the code to find where the game changes it, then back track to figure out how to access it :)

If you (or anyone is interested) in the code something like a8_36 == 0 is ASKING does a8_36 equal 0? This is used most often in "If a8_36 == 0" statements - that's NOT what I am looking for. I am looking for the assignment, a8_36 = 1 (or a8_36=1). This is updating the variable "a8_36 is now equal to 1", Spaces are mostly ignored in the code, so depending on the programmer, some add spaces while others don't.

Renpy games are very easy to decode and read through and even use what you learn to make your own game. With little-to-no experience, you can get the basics from online tutorials. In my own opinion, it's much harder to get the graphics than it is the coding.
*.* if i'm stuck i ask you for help, more simple for me :))

Zoric

May 29, 2017
would it be impertinence on my part to ask for a ready-made rpa file? with the already replaced master_bedroom.rpyc

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes