Ren'Py Completed Room for Rent [v16 beta] [CeLaVie Group]

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes

Valanathar

Aug 4, 2022
Hello my beautiful friends, i have a problem on 3rd Week (days 16-18) I'm stuck at 70 points with Amy, also when i go to sleep all the points dissapears and the next day, i have 70 points again, any help for this?

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
Hello my beautiful friends, i have a problem on 3rd Week (days 16-18) I'm stuck at 70 points with Amy, also when i go to sleep all the points dissapears and the next day, i have 70 points again, any help for this?
IIRC it's to keep the points at a level for the specific content intended in the game, as you progress the max points will increase.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
My best friends daughter :unsure:
Eh? I'm confused by your response. What does that have to do with this game? I don't think there's ever been a gallery mode for this game. How does "my best friends daughter" help with the question about a mode for this game?

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
Eh? I'm confused by your response. What does that have to do with this game? I don't think there's ever been a gallery mode for this game. How does "my best friends daughter" help with the question about a mode for this game?
They're referring to that MBFD had a gallery feature, they probably mixed up the games, but no, there's never been one in this.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

Dunek78

Nov 28, 2023
Hello Group,

I'm stuck in Chapter 7 on Event 69/70. I have now spent many days visiting the same room every hour on several days in a row and then the next room the following day and so on. Unfortunately I don't know what to do next so I'm trying my luck here in the hope that I can be helped.

Edit:
I found the solution in the mod that you can get here in the forum. Great thing about this mod. It was the visit to the bathroom at 11pm.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2020
I won't fight against those who don't like it anymore... I'm tired of it. What's the point of giving it a low rating if it's not your cup of tea in the first place? Don't discourage others. Anyway... In the end, I love this extreme aspect, with some people adoring and worshiping it, and others hating and trashing it. It proves that it's a masterpiece...

I've listed 72 games between 2017 and 2023 in a table. After ranking and defining my criteria, Room for Rent is in my top 3, and it won't budge. The competition is tough, but it's actually all the games from Celaviegroup that block the way to the podium. I really hope the authors stop listening to the detractors (too bad for MBFD S2, it was perfect, a worthy successor to the previous ones, nothing to be ashamed of.) because the progression and slow seduction are ultimately not as present in other games, at least not handled in this way, and that's the charm of the game. So yes, the "endings" and the "twists" well... they're ironic, but starting from Room for Rent, we can create our own ending in our heads, before the far-fetched but funny revelations, and it works very well.

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
I won't fight against those who don't like it anymore... I'm tired of it. What's the point of giving it a low rating if it's not your cup of tea in the first place? Don't discourage others. Anyway... In the end, I love this extreme aspect, with some people adoring and worshiping it, and others hating and trashing it. It proves that it's a masterpiece...

I've listed 72 games between 2017 and 2023 in a table. After ranking and defining my criteria, Room for Rent is in my top 3, and it won't budge. The competition is tough, but it's actually all the games from Celaviegroup that block the way to the podium. I really hope the authors stop listening to the detractors (too bad for MBFD S2, it was perfect, a worthy successor to the previous ones, nothing to be ashamed of.) because the progression and slow seduction are ultimately not as present in other games, at least not handled in this way, and that's the charm of the game. So yes, the "endings" and the "twists" well... they're ironic, but starting from Room for Rent, we can create our own ending in our heads, before the far-fetched but funny revelations, and it works very well.
I think the main complaint people have is it's very grindy, which is true, but I still like the game anyway, I'm on my second play through of it :)

Aug 31, 2020
I understand that the requirement of the game is not pleasant. but this is precisely one of its many particularities. But it's a deeper game than just this rigor that is required. there is a rhythm, which greatly influences the attachment with the characters. great for your two time! I did it three times, once when it wasn't finished, once finished, and a third time when mbfd came out. my first love I did once, mbfd twice, and mbfd S2 once. The new one looks huge with 20 chapters, if that's the case, there's a good chance it beats room for rent ^^

This game has had an impact on me for years because since then I've only been comparing it, and looking for similar ones...

I wonder, what games influenced celaviegroup :/

dmmt

May 8, 2020
Anyway... In the end, I love this extreme aspect, with some people adoring and worshiping it, and others hating and trashing it. It proves that it's a masterpiece...
It proves no such thing. When not going to a given room, at a given time, on a specific day...breaks the game...masterpiece is most definitely NOT the right word to describe it.

Reactions: theinternetis4

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
I tried following the WT but eventually she gets upset about me not helping her and the game goes off. Did i do something wrong?

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes