Ren'Py Completed Room for Rent [v16 beta] [CeLaVie Group]

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
Then never play the two top games here you will cry " DMD and Project Sage " before you put your fish in a hot soup.
I've played both and they are nothing like this one...its easy to get stuck in and endless cycle with no progression. Dmd and project sage are pretty straight forward and go by the choices you make.....This one is do a certain thing on a certain day at a certain time.
I don't know if things need to be done in a certain order to avoid breaking your save and getting stuck in and endless loop of doing the same thing every day and getting nowhere lol. A better example to throw out there would be A foot of the mountain and Tangled up...those 2 drove me nuts lol. Tangled up more so than FoTM.

drhotrod

Aug 18, 2019
I've played both and they are nothing like this one...its easy to get stuck in and endless cycle with no progression. Dmd and project sage are pretty straight forward and go by the choices you make.....This one is do a certain thing on a certain day at a certain time.
I don't know if things need to be done in a certain order to avoid breaking your save and getting stuck in and endless loop of doing the same thing every day and getting nowhere lol. A better example to throw out there would be A foot of the mountain and Tangled up...those 2 drove me nuts lol. Tangled up more so than FoTM.
The first play through is a bit hard, but once you work out the general flow of the game it is easy to determine what the correct order is. And with this knowledge to can apply it to future versions.

This is nothing compared to the grindvest nightmare that FotM is. Even with the walkthrough for it, you still cannot guarantee a perfect game.

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
The first play through is a bit hard, but once you work out the general flow of the game it is easy to determine what the correct order is. And with this knowledge to can apply it to future versions.

This is nothing compared to the grindvest nightmare that FotM is. Even with the walkthrough for it, you still cannot guarantee a perfect game.
Failed to mention that I have not played this since the 2nd update I believe.

Tabu9000

May 4, 2018
Failed to mention that I have not played this since the 2nd update I believe.
Failed to mention that you play 4.0 and stepping in later, with your first post. Grinds not mention at all. Start with 3.6 and play 4.0. If you like to see sexual activity refer by . Or you have a better explanation of sex ? Let me know maybe I miss the best part of it, thanks:cool:

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
Failed to mention that you play 4.0 and stepping in later, with your first post. Grinds not mention at all. Start with 3.6 and play 4.0. If you like to see sexual activity refer by . Or you have a better explanation of sex ? Let me know maybe I miss the best part of it, thanks:cool:
But I haven't played 4.0...I only extracted the images (something I do with pretty much any game before I play them...wierd I know lol) and I don't believe I said anything about a lack of "sexual activity"o_O
I only mention having to be in a certain mood for grindy games (this game is grindy but far from the worst that I've tried)...not sure where it turn into lack of sex argument:cool:

Reactions: John Woodbridge

Tabu9000

May 4, 2018
But I haven't played 4.0...I only extracted the images (something I do with pretty much any game before I play them...wierd I know lol) and I don't believe I said anything about a lack of "sexual activity"o_O
I only mention having to be in a certain mood for grindy games (this game is grindy but far from the worst that I've tried)...not sure where it turn into lack of sex argument:cool:
Agree, to play from 2.4 over 3.2 until end 3.6 isn´t easy to run in a loop no bugs in the last v4.0. From 3.6 beside hints you have a event-counter and from 4.0 a " Mood meter" top left to see if your choice was right or wrong.
All these new tools are less grinds now. But to get there you need grind a bit. Like I do this and you maybe running through the house over 50 days in " Au pair innocence " we all like this game except the end.

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
Sorry to interrupt. I have tried to make a game - not a novel with very few decisions to make. I have tried to build it in a way so you need to think about next step - how can I make progress with her etc. I have mentioned many times "Follow her daily routines" but it seems that no one in this forum besides my Patreon's understand this. If you follow her daily routines the game is quit easy. Repetitive - yes - if you do not read dialogues and follow the guideline. If you play it as a game - no. There is no dead ends and there is no special orders to follow. Just think about next step as every new step will open the next task.
Happy playing

Tabu9000

May 4, 2018
i've done it all. still stuck. no new lessons, he wouldn't shave he's beard.
When you not shave his beard, what he say " I have to convince her in another way ". The day have 24 hours to speak to her hope you trap the bathroom twice as you done in 3.6. The visit twice done?

a1ans

Mar 18, 2019
When you not shave his beard, what he say " I have to convince her in another way ". The day have 24 hours to speak to her hope you trap the bathroom twice as you done in 3.6. The visit twice done?
i got further. i must admit that my problem is that, that i skip the thing i've done alot. and in this scenario, that was my problem. I think the game is great, i've had succes with pausing it, and comming back. i loved the hinds, and only used them when i really felt lost. I must admit, that this update is a challenge. i'm at 28/53. I'll try not to skip from now on.

• Love

drhotrod

Aug 18, 2019
Beat me to it. I think what players are having the problem is the starting day for V4.0. My starting day was a Monday and had a total day count of 13 days to complete this stage. If anyone else gets stuck at 28/53, your only option is to start the day at in the dining room at 8:00.

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
Beat me to it. I think what players are having the problem is the starting day for V4.0. My starting day was a Monday and had a total day count of 13 days to complete this stage. If anyone else gets stuck at 28/53, your only option is to start the day at in the dining room at 8:00.
I doesn't matter - only if you want to play the game in certain numbers of days.
Several events are only triggered if you have your breakfast with her. That's where she tells about the plan for the day. If you don't show up it will never happen :)

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
i got further. i must admit that my problem is that, that i skip the thing i've done alot. and in this scenario, that was my problem. I think the game is great, i've had succes with pausing it, and comming back. i loved the hinds, and only used them when i really felt lost. I must admit, that this update is a challenge. i'm at 28/53. I'll try not to skip from now on.
no thanks - better rate my game with 5 stars :cool:

• Love
2.90 star(s) 104 Votes