Ren'Py Completed Room for Rent [v16 beta] [CeLaVie Group]

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes

partywatch

Oct 17, 2019
Ok I finally played through this game and it wasn't terrible, I enjoyed myself as I would any other decent game on this site. Don't know where the 2 years went, but lets assume that's a joke. Anyway I was going to leave a 3 star review as thats what I feel it was worth, plain story, average models, the usual; however, I noticed the insane amount of 5 star reviews and got curious. So many of the reviewers profiles are shady once you look into them.
No joke, because this game give updates every 2 weeks in the beginning, to render over 2000 images in front and created new models never seen before compare to others " seen 100 times isn´t average ". Giving updates within 4 weeks either.
I never intend to judge other votes, because at the stage 4.0 is just 40% of the game. Mainly to mention what can be better as you do. If you know the story from " steams shady forum " but we don´t. We only know that this story change later " as Patreon member and Steam user".

To vote a game and the story is based on feelings and there all shady, until we don´t know how this game ends? Some great games here end up in grave with 5 stars. This isn´t a bad feeling just hiding the real:HideThePain:

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
No joke, because this game give updates every 2 weeks in the beginning, to render over 2000 images in front and created new models never seen before compare to others " seen 100 times isn´t average ". Giving updates within 4 weeks either.
I never intend to judge other votes, because at the stage 4.0 is just 40% of the game. Mainly to mention what can be better as you do. If you know the story from " steams shady forum " but we don´t. We only know that this story change later " as Patreon member and Steam user".

To vote a game and the story is based on feelings and there all shady, until we don´t know how this game ends? Some great games here end up in grave with 5 stars. This isn´t a bad feeling just hiding the real:HideThePain:
I feel like you are saying something profound, but I can't understand anything lol

partywatch

Oct 17, 2019
A walkthrough for this game would go a long way.
Stuck on 9/53. Little after Amy's friend goes vist. What now?
I wonder you not stuck with 1/53. Go page 79 read post 1.578. The first point .......!! It´s impossible with 2 traps and touch lesson plus visit to end up with 9.
WT for 4.0 you joking there is nothing you can do wrong " except you piss her off " mood level top left.

Reactions: John Woodbridge

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017

Don't quite know what you're trying to say, but I will answer what sense I can make of it. You can call the models "never seen before" but in reality they aren't very high quality compared to some of the devs on here, and I wouldn't even say they are unique, I swear I've seen a extremely similar model in another game on this site. Not trying to bash the dev but to praise that as a reason for the reviews seems kinda far fetched. Plenty of devs do monthly updates as well yet they have nowhere near as suspicious reviews. As for the rest, sorry but language barrier seems to be too much of an issue.

lancelotdulak

Nov 7, 2018
Don't quite know what you're trying to say, but I will answer what sense I can make of it. You can call the models "never seen before" but in reality they aren't very high quality compared to some of the devs on here, and I wouldn't even say they are unique, I swear I've seen a extremely similar model in another game on this site. Not trying to bash the dev but to praise that as a reason for the reviews seems kinda far fetched. Plenty of devs do monthly updates as well yet they have nowhere near as suspicious reviews. As for the rest, sorry but language barrier seems to be too much of an issue.
The model (not models) is good.. not great but good. The eyes are very good. Theres nothing suspicious about the reviews.. this game hits the most popular fetishes and gameplay. It's just afraid to actually be that game. It will peter out, the dev team will figure out when youre selling sex games you actually have to do it and not halfassed do it and convince yourself youre somehow "legit". Then someone will mod it and make a much better version. I really do like the gameplay etc but about 4 games i can think of on here instead of pulling in 5k a month for the next 5 years these guys are going to get embarassed theyre of the games fetish or making adult games or whatever and go poof.

partywatch

Oct 17, 2019
I´m not in a steam-forum to sort out the weak points. As for the rest, sorry but language.... means below sounds Spanish to you. Well, well :cry:

To vote a game and his story is based on feelings and there all shady, until we don´t know where this story ends? Some great games here end up in grave with 5 stars. This isn´t a bad feeling, just hiding the real pain.

Reactions: John Woodbridge

Bulb69

Donor
Jun 9, 2018
Link for my homemade Linux version of Room For Rent [v4.0] :

SvenVlad

Modder
Aug 11, 2017
I wonder you not stuck with 1/53. Go page 79 read post 1.578. The first point .......!! It´s impossible with 2 traps and touch lesson plus visit to end up with 9.
WT for 4.0 you joking there is nothing you can do wrong " except you piss her off " mood level top left.
She still doesn't like when he touches her pussy in the pool, nothing happens in the bathroom in the morning.. must be her mood.
And the counter says 9/53... soo..

I'm uploading my save just in case

Cmann

Donor
Feb 7, 2019
Sorry to contest your opinion, but a game isn't broken, as you said, just by the fact that it clearly differs from the huge quantity of other adult games that common players have the habit to find and play through this website.
Well I ask you: why did you want your game to be a repetitive grind? Just because it's a grind doesn't make it a game.
Definition of 'game'
an entertaining activity or sport
Definition of 'break'
to fail to keep a law, rule, or promise
Hence it boils down to what someone defines as an entertaining activity. Apparently one like repetition in their activities and find that entertaining, the other does not and subjectively contest it is therefor broken.

Semantics. Pointless to argue as both are subjectively right and both objectively dicks while arguing their points, including the dev going heavy on the virtue signaling. Can't we all just wank along?

drhotrod

Aug 18, 2019
She still doesn't like when he touches her pussy in the pool, nothing happens in the bathroom in the morning.. must be her mood.
And the counter says 9/53... soo..

I'm uploading my save just in case
I think you are playing with a bugged version of the game as Amy is supposed to be topless and wearing only a thong bikini in the kitchen at 18:00. Your save file still shows her in the tank top and shorts. It will be impossible for you to continue to game. What is the exact name of the game file do you use to launch the game.

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
Ok I finally played through this game and it wasn't terrible, I enjoyed myself as I would any other decent game on this site. Don't know where the 2 years went, but lets assume that's a joke. Anyway I was going to leave a 3 star review as thats what I feel it was worth, plain story, average models, the usual; however, I noticed the insane amount of 5 star reviews and got curious. So many of the reviewers profiles are shady once you look into them.
RedPillBlues - thank you for your comments. The 2 years time have been explained for Patreon's only. Original I started with another game - changed to a new one - and once again and finally decided to make Room for Rent. The time you spend depends how much time you can use per day.

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes