Ren'Py Completed Room for Rent [v16 beta] [CeLaVie Group]

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes

lilyp

Dec 17, 2017
To all of you who ask for help - sorry I can't help. I need to concentrate my support for my Patreon's and work on next release 5_0.
If you are stuck - don't use scroll or tab :) Read dialogues and follow the daily routines. If you do so - the game is easy.
Found a bug.
I might be wrong, but if you raise her "shy" too fast, you cant trigger the "frozenglass" events which prevents release2_4 flag from setting and stopping all further progression.

line 642 in bathroom bypasses line 655 which is the only place to progress with frozenglass.
Perhaps it worked as intended in earlier releases, but now it's broken.

Hope it helps !

Reactions: bacchusplateau

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
Found a bug.
I might be wrong, but if you raise her "shy" too fast, you cant trigger the "frozenglass" events which prevents release2_4 flag from setting and stopping all further progression.

line 642 in bathroom bypasses line 655 which is the only place to progress with frozenglass.
Perhaps it worked as intended in earlier releases, but now it's broken.

Hope it helps !
I know - and will be fixed in next release.

Bulb69

Donor
Jun 9, 2018

LewdTheLolis

Friendly Neighborhood Lolilewder
Oct 1, 2018
Not here at the moment i post it.

I'm not advised about copyright about this. I do it only to be useful for people don't know the simple trick to convert Windows Renpy game to Linux. Not for my pride.

I do it anyway. Why i don't share it? But if is prohibited...
it was already there when you post it, I check the times. Also I'm not saying its prohibited I'm just saying that the Linux build I made is already linked in the OP and it's already up to date so posting another one is probably going to get lost in the thread. My Linux build for this one has been there since months ago and I update it as soon as the game gets updated. You can share it if you want but there's already another one already posted so just saying. Also make sure to remove the `game.exe` and the Mac & Windows libraries since they are not needed at all and just take up space. Also you left your `log.txt` file which also isn't needed and you compiled the game with a newer version of Ren'py instead of the version of Ren'py the game was written in which could potentially cause issues but highly doubt it.

Reactions: rKnight

kifon

Apr 30, 2018
How is this game compared to personal assistant when it comes to tags ? Is there male domination etc ?

LewdTheLolis

Oct 1, 2018
How is this game compared to personal assistant when it comes to tags ? Is there male domination etc ?
There is no male domination in this. The overview explains exactly what the game is about. It's pretty simple and straightforward game about living with a hot young roommate

Reactions: John Woodbridge

SvenVlad

Modder
Aug 11, 2017
I had a quick play with the file, everything is fine with it. My only problem I have with it is the start day of Saturday. Starting on Saturday adds too much grind to the level so I have posted my save that starts on Monday. First things to do is to steal her swimsuit from her room and set up new lessons at 11:00. Then follow the same routine as in other days. You should be at 6/53. On Tuesday do the yoga scene at the swimming pool at 8:00. Only one event will trigger on tuesday.

From then on during weekdays go to the dining room at 8:00. Also make sure you go to the office on Thursdays and Friday at 11:00, do it correctly will give you an event increase. First weekend days go to bathroom at 8:00, and if you do things right, you should be at 49/53 by the end of the second Friday.

If everything is done right only 13 game days are used.
I managed to complete this version. Thanks a lot again (y)

Leaving some quick saves during the good scenes for anyone who wants to see them.

Reactions: maddale

MisterL

Sep 17, 2019
discovered this game today and enjoy it so far.

but it seems like my game loops without any progression.

here are the last two things happend besides repeatable daily stuff:

after talking to the girl at 15:00 (think was on a tuesday or wednesday) in her room, where she told me her dream is becoming a model the mc told her about his studio and scheduled a shooting for the coming sunday. two days later at the same time in her room she told ma about her friend who wants to come and needs help too with learning for school and the mc says she can even stay for dinner.

but since then nothing at all. no friend is coming around and no photo shooting happens. the only thing i can see on sundays that after entering the photo studio at 14:00 is the message i should get her in the dining room. but in the dining room it says shes not here.

the hint at 12:00 in the office is no help at all, since it only says "i should continue playing"

did i miss something? at the moment it seem like some trigger for ingame progression is missing!? is this a bug or am i blind!?

thx for the help!

Reactions: Dalthor-san

Dalthor-san

Aug 17, 2017

after talking to the girl at 15:00 (think was on a tuesday or wednesday) in her room, where she told me her dream is becoming a model the mc told her about his studio and scheduled a shooting for the coming sunday. two days later at the same time in her room she told ma about her friend who wants to come and needs help too with learning for school and the mc says she can even stay for dinner.

but since then nothing at all. no friend is coming around and no photo shooting happens. the only thing i can see on sundays that after entering the photo studio at 14:00 is the message i should get her in the dining room. but in the dining room it says shes not here.

the hint at 12:00 in the office is no help at all, since it only says "i should continue playing"

did i miss something? at the moment it seem like some trigger for ingame progression is missing!? is this a bug or am i blind!?

thx for the help!
Happends to me too. Exactly that. Loop of blueballs

Reactions: 3rop and MisterL

TheBat

May 1, 2017
I had a quick play with the file, everything is fine with it. My only problem I have with it is the start day of Saturday. Starting on Saturday adds too much grind to the level so I have posted my save that starts on Monday. First things to do is to steal her swimsuit from her room and set up new lessons at 11:00. Then follow the same routine as in other days. You should be at 6/53. On Tuesday do the yoga scene at the swimming pool at 8:00. Only one event will trigger on tuesday.

From then on during weekdays go to the dining room at 8:00. Also make sure you go to the office on Thursdays and Friday at 11:00, do it correctly will give you an event increase. First weekend days go to bathroom at 8:00, and if you do things right, you should be at 49/53 by the end of the second Friday.

If everything is done right only 13 game days are used.
I reached the 49/53 events. I don't know what else to do...

ea3794

Modder
Mar 30, 2018
Ran into a weird bug where no matter how much I pinched her nipples in the washroom, it would default back to 0. This prevented me from progressing to release3_2 stage. I ended up forcing pinch = 1 to continue.

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017

thx for the help!
Happends to me too. Exactly that. Loop of blueballs
That exact thing happened to me too back when I played v2-point-something. Then when I tried playing v3-point-whatever in October I got locked out of buying the swimsuit in the very first week because I made the "mistake" of helping the girl with her homework on a Friday, getting the message to buy a swimsuit, but you can't do that on the weekend, and the option never re-appeared, so I quit (again) thinking I would wait til v4 to start a new game thinking the dev would surely fix these game-breaking bugs.

Nope.

Too bad, because I want to like this game.

Maybe the secret is to do literally nothing on Friday to avoid those bugs. Definitely don't try to accomplish two things at once. Skip an Hour should be used frequently when there is a clear task, because the coding in the game is too weak to allow for a player to make too much progress too quickly.

Reactions: MisterL

Wladdevon

Sep 15, 2017
I'm stuck on a loop after giving her the yoga dress. I read somewhere here that i need to talk to her in her room at 15:00, but whenever i knock on her door she says come in, but then i get in the room and it says there is no one in the room. tried the other options as well and nothing. any help? hopefully i dont have to wait until the next main version to get this silly thing fixed.

zebrotavr

Mar 14, 2018
what's new in v4.0 version? i stil have 32/32 events and hint to kiss at 23-00 but nothing happens neither with towel nor without towel
And how you get 53 events? i just loaded old save and there is only 32 counter.

Last edited:

zebrotavr

Mar 14, 2018
and one more question - in what folder should i put the save file? i put it in game/save but when i download game i see only my old saves.

LewdTheLolis

Oct 1, 2018
and one more question - in what folder should i put the save file? i put it in game/save but when i download game i see only my old saves.
did you make sure to rename it? if you download files directly from the site they will be preceded by a few numbers (e.g 42342-....sav) and you need to remove the preceding numbers sometimes and yeah the save directory in `game/save` is where they would go

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes