Ren'Py Completed Room for Rent [v16 beta] [CeLaVie Group]

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
So just by reading the comments I asume this is one of the horrible free-roam trial & error grindfests? Where you have only very few content, that is hidden behind massive grind and without any hint or help system to find the events?

Cool ... sounds like a game a lot of ppl will like ... because there are so many of them ... or there are so many because they are way more cost efficient on patreon? ... who knows ^^

But I guess I will pass on this ... a shame, because the renders look fine enough.

Teflonmike

Jul 15, 2019
what can i do in the Photostudio? And, exist more content after the Girl swimming naked in the Pool 24h an i wake up?
No offence, but you seem to have progressed further than any poster here yet without offering anyone else help, you want theirs? There are 10 pages of members requesting help or walkthroughs..
So just by reading the comments I asume this is one of the horrible free-roam trial & error grindfests? Where you have only very few content, that is hidden behind massive grind and without any hint or help system to find the events?

Cool ... sounds like a game a lot of ppl will like ... because there are so many of them ... or there are so many because they are way more cost efficient on patreon? ... who knows ^^

But I guess I will pass on this ... a shame, because the renders look fine enough.
The premise of the game

It's actually an interesting premise for a game which is why I suspect it has engendered so much interest.. Renders are maybe 7/10 but the grind is intolerable... And your'e right, there is no help or hint system... You spend countless hours wandering from one location to the next without purpose or reward... Rinse and repeat... Ad infinitum...

Some posters though, seem to have progressed further than others... Unfortunately, it seems they're all currently working for the CIA or Mi6 and are therefore unable to share any sort of walkthrough or assistance..

Until someone posts at least a mini walkthrough ... It's like this

fzaner

Dec 27, 2016
the old geezer is the male lead ? oh if that so then old geezer+ no sexual content's a very bad combo

BBou

Jun 2, 2017
No offence, but you seem to have progressed further than any poster here yet without offering anyone else help, you want theirs? There are 10 pages of members requesting help or walkthroughs..
I think i am at the same spot as Hexxer.
Can't tell you how i got this "far". i have no idea what triggers events.
the only thing thing that i can tell you is to go in her room each time you can and to ask her about her life on weekends.

Reactions: Teflonmike

ea3794

Modder
Mar 30, 2018
Hrm... okay, so I made an Amy-finder. In my limited testing it seems to work. I've also managed to remove all forced pauses (you can skip again). Haven't figured out yet how to re-enable saving... can't find the right function to replace.

Anyway, as you can see it marks the location she at with asterisks... Yes, she is present in multiple places at the same time. I don't know how but she is.

1565557998568.png

Since v3.6a, I've separated the skip-enabler from the Amy locator. This is because the author in my opinion has been doing a pretty good job providing hints and guiding the player to where the action is, thus rendering the locator somewhat obsolete. You can still install it if you so desire.

Install instructions... just drop the relevant script file in the game folder and play. If you find bugs, let me know.

Locator mod thread: https://f95zone.to/threads/room-for-rent-amy-locator-v1-5-ea3794.40029/
Skip enabler for v5.0 (and probably all future versions): skip.rpy

Last edited:

ffds

Oct 31, 2017
You should write a quick walkthrough for us poor simpletons :)
I will write you how I did it.
Every day I visited each location and checked if there was anything new to be done.
I also checked "the bad way" if there was any change on that (NOTE: with the mouse wheel it is always possible to move back to check other possibilities!!!).
Because of the way I progressed I don't know what caused finally the progress in game.
For example: On one day when the girl left to school I entered the office and grandpa sat directly at his computer and changed the subject for the lessons for the girl in order to make her less shy. What caused that? I don't know.
I play "blind" and it is big shit that you don't really know where this update ends! You can't tell if you found all possible scenes!!! Very annoying!

ea3794

Modder
Mar 30, 2018
For example: On one day when the girl left to school I entered the office and grandpa sat directly at his computer and changed the subject for the lessons for the girl in order to make her less shy. What caused that? I don't know.
I play "blind" and it is big shit that you don't really know where this update ends! You can't tell if you found all possible scenes!!! Very annoying!
Strangely, there are some flags set in events (when she is not there) that don't make much sense. The flavor text will be idle banter or negative, yet it sets some unrelated flag.

nobrumski

Donor
May 27, 2019
I don't understand the point of grinding if the text doesn't change. It is always the same conversation which never acknowledges anything has happened before even though this is the 5th time.

Silver

Regular
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
he might have erectile dysfunction, that explains for no sexual content.

Harlequin1229

Jun 6, 2017
Hrm... okay, so I made an experimental Amy-finder. In my limited testing it seems to work. I've also managed to remove all forced pauses (you can skip again). Haven't figured out yet how to re-enable saving... can't find the right function to replace.

Anyway, as you can see it marks the location she at with asterisks... Yes, she is present in multiple places at the same time. I don't know how but she is.

View attachment 369588

Install instructions... just drop patch.rpy in the game folder and play. If you find bugs, let me know.

Thank You for this, it helps quite a bit to avoid grind. There are a few false positives, but I think it's where some content was in the first release and was moved or removed or I reached the end of content for that quest. I might never have found the bathroom scenes at 23 without this telling me she was there.

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
The grind is horrible.
The lack of hints is horrible.
The not knowing where you have to go is horrible.
But I like the game .
Strange isn't it
i can support this 100%
i really WANT to like this game because i like the setup....
... but the grind is HORRIBLE, you are just entering a scene, noticing its nothing there, roll back and try the next ones.
Once you get to an important scene you have to repeat this scene felt like 1000 times....
no really given hints (For example "i have to turn the lights on" - but WHEN? WHERE? Why the hell cant you do that just at a certain time? should not matter if you turn them on at your PC at noon, or at 21:00.... there are much more other things like that.
Also the loading times between scenes (fading) sucks as hell.
IF (just if) you do a grinding game then PLEASE dont block grind by unnecessary fading times
For now this is UNPLAYABLE except you are a masochist and love grind as hell for nearly nothing

hope thats gonna change or the game will not get to a good end (that would be a pity)

PS: for now i "just" complain over here - but if this doesnt get better i write this things as review and 2 star rating (more isnt worth at moment imho)

Reactions: dutchpete

BobKels0

Jun 19, 2017
Strange but I don't use the console, and I can save/load as often as I want, via the button at the bottom of the dialog box.

I think the game need some sort of progress bars for all differents events, it's pretty hard to view at want point you are...

There's some problem with the shyness of the girl.
You can make her go topless at certain time, and after a couple a days, she wear back the nightgown.

You can buy and give her some clothes via some events, but a pink nightgown pop at a certain time from nowhere... (???)

Some dialogs are missing in her room while she's in a towel.

Still haven't figured out how to get her the apron from the starting screen... :cry: (if it's possible...)

The photoshoot is for the next version, teasing lvl over 9000... just don't enable the room and the very beginning of the event if it's just to cut it out right away, you monster :)

(Disable the Shift+C shortcut while we need to enter the character name.)

Reactions: Hyperserver

dylan44

Jun 4, 2017
Haven't figured out yet how to re-enable saving
I worked out you can use the F1 key which will open the help menu then you can choose to either save or load at anytime and anywhere in the game hopefully that'll help make it easier to save etc.

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes