• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py Completed Room for Rent [v16 beta] [CeLaVie Group]

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes

whippetmaster

Oct 4, 2018
Same here. Apparently the old content had her studying or reading in the dining room. But now, she's no longer doing that.

ea3794

Modder
Mar 30, 2018
Thanks to ea3794's locator I was able to make a little progress but I think I've encountered another bug... After giving the summer dress She disappears betwen the hours of 14.00 and 20.00 . Comes home go's upstairs to change and ceases to exist, locator says she's in the dining room at 15.00 to 20.00 but she isn't.

Anyone else had this problem?
It indicates she is in the Dining Room at 1400, 1500, 1600, and 1700 during the week (except Fri) when she's not. I remember earlier in the game you could find her there and ask her about her life, but when she answered all the questions (at least since the update) she no longer shows up there.
On Sat & Sun from 1000 thru 1400 shows she's in Dining Room, but she's not. If I go to the Living Room at 1000 and see her cleaning, it still indicates she's there thru 1400.
Interestingly you both ran into issues with the Dining Room and I think I may have fixed the false positive (try the updated version). Asking about her background just provides a few amy points, no further switches are set. Though I did find an indented background == 0 check which I've now added (basically, if you asked her everything she should stop showing up).

The game itself actually has two bugs in the Dining Room...

Code:
hour == 14 and maid == 0 and summerdress == 4 and friday
The friday in this line should probably be day == "Friday" (the variable friday is not used anywhere else)

Code:
day == "Monday" and hour >=  14 and hour <= 16 and amy >= 20 and dinner14present == 0 and summerdress <= 3 or "Tuesday" and hour >=  14 and hour <= 16 and amy >= 20 and dinner14present == 0 and summerdress <= 3
The sequence ... or "Tuesday" and ... causes some funny things... Basically the trailing portion is completely ignored, the day of the week is ignored and only the hour, amy points and dinner14present in the leading portion makes a difference. I fixed it in the locator but this should cause the locator to give a false negative, not positive.

Teflonmike

Jul 15, 2019
Interestingly you both ran into issues with the Dining Room and I think I may have fixed the false positive (try the updated version). Asking about her background just provides a few amy points, no further switches are set. Though I did find an indented background == 0 check which I've now added (basically, if you asked her everything she should stop showing up).

Code:
The friday in this line should probably be day == "Friday" (the variable friday is not used anywhere else)

Code:
day == "Monday" and hour >=  14 and hour <= 16 and amy >= 20 and dinner14present == 0 and summerdress <= 3 or "Tuesday" and hour >=  14 and hour <= 16 and amy >= 20 and dinner14present == 0 and summerdress <= 3
The sequence ... or "Tuesday" and ... causes some funny things... Basically the trailing portion is completely ignored, the day of the week is ignored and only the hour, amy points and dinner14present in the leading portion makes a difference. I fixed it in the locator but this should cause the locator to give a false negative, not positive.
Many thanks for answering and for the locator. Whilst you lost me at parts in your explanation I can sorta/kinda grasp it..
I do know that without your locator many would never have made any progress.. Cheers (y)

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
Sadly, this is becoming the norm for a lot of the games. Again and again I find myself just watching the renders in the image folder, and then deleting the game.

Harlequin1229

Jun 6, 2017

Code:

Code:

False positives seem to be gone.

Can you tell if the pool events (tanning lotion) are supposed to disappear the way they do? Also, when you tamper water in the kitchen when she's gone, is anything supposed to happen?

BobKels0

Jun 19, 2017
Can you tell if the pool events (tanning lotion) are supposed to disappear the way they do? Also, when you tamper water in the kitchen when she's gone, is anything supposed to happen?
Yup, at 18:00, but she need to wear short jeans and white top, otherwise nothing happens. (hint below on how to get these clothes)

Got night & summer dress, bikini & yoga dress. Amy mentioned her friend to help with home work. Been 5+ weeks in the game. No water tampering, summer cloth washing or sunscreen yet. (Did promise to get her pants earlier.) HELP please, thanks.
Try to go to the washing machine at another time than 17:00 and ruin her summer dress.

noorman22

May 10, 2018
Yup, at 18:00, but she need to wear short jeans and white top, otherwise nothing happens. (hint below on how to get these clothes)

Try to go to the washing machine at another time than 17:00 and ruin her summer dress.
earlyer or later?
1700 she is there.

Hexxer

Oct 23, 2017
hm.... 09:00 : Office (to tamper the water of the bathroom) <- what is the trigger of this event? i can tamper aircondition (start of the game) i have summerdress and maid outfit and she swimming naked... are: no temper water

Nov 24, 2018
A lot of work went into that game for sure and I'm looking forward to see updates. I like the girls models and the rendering. The navigation is OK, trying to stop the player from saving at any time (only allow each new day) is kind of not "the renpy way" imo... There are a few grammatical and spelling errors, but I've seen much worse.

Only one request for now: The title post should be edited so the download says "Windows" instead of "Win/Linux". Although the game .exe runs fine so far inside wine (wine is not an emulator) for me, the download doesn't contain the .sh script to run natively in Linux. It's compiled specifically for Windows and not like the most renpy games for PC containing both the .exe and the .sh file. The downloaded package is even named "Roomforrent-2-win". A big downside for example is the saves location, which is not in "~/.renpy/<game name>" but in "~/.wine/drive_c/users/cuthbert/Application Data/RenPy/<game name>". That drives me nuts.

Reactions: waffel

Barricade

May 13, 2017
I'm stuck, I cannot buy a bikini, none yoga events, nothing since I've give her summer dress - help...

Tabu9000

May 4, 2018
Page 13- Post 254 save file/ and page 12 - Post 228 patch use both and all problems above are solved. Start with with this save you get and this will happen:

Topless with goodnight- hug bathroom. Sun bath and lotion for your roommate friday after dinner location pc -go to the pool.
Bikini if you click afternoon - Dinner- when she is on her PC - until this option appears. Weekend first Studio shot. Tamper the water - kitchen about 10 am, steel the towel 8 am or tamper the water. Test her shy when she is cleaning the living room - weekend. During Dinner a pink nightwear appears, thats all for this version. Thanks to both for save and patch file.

Last edited:
Reactions: Teflonmike

NightShadeX

May 11, 2017
I came I played, I deleted. Some may like this game, but between the poorly thought out script, to the just ok renders, it became boring quickly to me.
"No Sexual Content" tag, a lot of talk/promises on dev Patreon page, $ 100 USD support for the latest release = Hit X top right of the page and move on

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes