Aug 27, 2017
I like the new artstyle, and I'd be happy if they'd bring all the scenes to it. What's more, for every "unique art" (of which let's be honest, there aren't many) there are just as many shitty scenes that make your eyes bleed (like Meredith's pregnant scene IMO). Neither of us will get what we want, so I don't know why you're arguing. We can only hope that the new scenes don't disappoint us.

GrandPaBrowning

Mar 7, 2021
I can't agree more on this. The reason why I liked the game so much in the first place was the unique art. I still have the scene in the bath in my memory, female pc with Kat. It's some of the best art I have ever seen in a 2D h game, probably even the best art I have seen in a 2D h game made with RPG Maker. The art used to make every character stand out in a certain way, it added a distinct charm to them. This is lost since they hired the current artist and I am honestly amazed how polite people still are and how much they still care about the game. I am very disappointed, the art is unenjoyable for me. It couldn't be more generic and given how good it was before I can only call it a turn for the worse. They don't deserve the amount of money they get nor the general support they receive for ruining a good product.
Similarly, I can't agree more on the art. But to play its advocate, there are some better scenes with it: corrupt nobles in that mansion is Summeredge, some of Xyless stuff. Mostly, however, I struggle to enjoy it.

GrandPaBrowning

Mar 7, 2021
I like the new artstyle, and I'd be happy if they'd bring all the scenes to it. What's more, for every "unique art" (of which let's be honest, there aren't many) there are just as many shitty scenes that make your eyes bleed (like Meredith's pregnant scene IMO). Neither of us will get what we want, so I don't know why you're arguing. We can only hope that the new scenes don't disappoint us.
We aren't arguing as much as we are expressing our shared opinion in our own ways. Having a conversation for its own sake, basically, just a chit-chat.

There are however, quite objective arguments made against new style (for example, its repetativeness), so its not just a matter of opinion. And while I am not delving into technical side of the question due to my complete lack of expertise, I feel this style lacks in this department also. Shapes, textures, backgrounds - it all feels very 2000s-ish, very simplistic.

Yes, there was a tug of war between better and worse styles before, but what we have now is hard to consider a turn for the better. We can argue all day about whether or not this style in particular sucks but what is concrete is that devs are unlikely to hire new artists now. Which means while there won't be a worse styles, there won't be better ones either. So, nothing like glorious scenes with nagas or Clawyn (soul eaters, scene in Castle woods).

And for me such state of affair means that any scene that comes in Gold Edition would lose a few points just because I find wanting the art it would use.

Reactions: Itumaak

Itumaak

Oct 8, 2020
We aren't arguing as much as we are expressing our shared opinion in our own ways. Having a conversation for its own sake, basically, just a chit-chat.

There are however, quite objective arguments made against new style (for example, its repetativeness), so its not just a matter of opinion. And while I am not delving into technical side of the question due to my complete lack of expertise, I feel this style lacks in this department also. Shapes, textures, backgrounds - it all feels very 2000s-ish, very simplistic.

Yes, there was a tug of war between better and worse styles before, but what we have now is hard to consider a turn for the better. We can argue all day about whether or not this style in particular sucks but what is concrete is that devs are unlikely to hire new artists now. Which means while there won't be a worse styles, there won't be better ones either. So, nothing like glorious scenes with nagas or Clawyn (soul eaters, scene in Castle woods).

And for me such state of affair means that any scene that comes in Gold Edition would lose a few points just because I find wanting the art it would use.
Well said, we aren't arguing, we are just sharing our opinion, more or less simply having a little chat.

Opinions should be based on something after all, so it's only fair to have arguments that lay the foundation for them. The backgrounds are a good point though, I completely forgot about them because of how lacklustre they are. To create something like this in this day and age is actually way below average.

I dare to say this style sucks. There were so many different artists that contributed to the game and the one getting picked is one of the worst. There were even worse options, but low quality instead of very low quality is a weak solace. They underperformed and didn't life up to the potential even though they had a lot of funds, they are making more than 10k every month since years with Patreon. In my opinion somebody who likes this style has never seen quality before.

Maybe I won't even try to get the new scenes and just play it for the story and characters. If I like a h game then I now and then play it avoiding the h. Lilitales for example fun to play.

Reactions: GrandPaBrowning

GrandPaBrowning

Mar 7, 2021
Well said, we aren't arguing, we are just sharing our opinion, more or less simply having a little chat.

Opinions should be based on something after all, so it's only fair to have arguments that lay the foundation for them. The backgrounds are a good point though, I completely forgot about them because of how lacklustre they are. To create something like this in this day and age is actually way below average.

I dare to say this style sucks. There were so many different artists that contributed to the game and the one getting picked is one of the worst. There were even worse options, but low quality instead of very low quality is a weak solace. They underperformed and didn't life up to the potential even though they had a lot of funds, they are making more than 10k every month since years with Patreon. In my opinion somebody who likes this style has never seen quality before.

Maybe I won't even try to get the new scenes and just play it for the story and characters. If I like a h game then I now and then play it avoiding the h. Lilitales for example fun to play.
Precisely well said about day and age. We are living in time when stuff like Claire's Quest exists - that is what you call 'generic artstyle' nowadays, and oh boy that generic is way better! RPG-maker H-games made a lot of steps forward and Roundscape for all its mighty worth now looks like a dinosaur.

Yes, there were worse pictures in there, but getting consistent low instead of ups and downs is hardly even a solace. What is even worse is that this current antiquated artstyle is a new addition, which for all intents and purposes isn't a step forward. Game had many artist to choose from, including many that have already worked on it, of whom some were much better. And if someone do not trust me, they could easily go to hentai websites and just browse Roundscape gallery there to assess it themselves.

Yes, current style isn't the worst this game has, but it isn't the best either. So please do tell me, people who are apologetic of this style, was it really worth it? There WERE better options already present in game, so why pick uniformity withouth picking quality? We are talking OG RPGM H-game here, probably the second only to LoQO series. And LoQO hired fucking Rosselito for some of their scenes!

Slaylife

Aug 21, 2016
So it will likely be released next Friday.

When they allude it may take a week more at most it means that it will take one more weak at least.

We will see if I am proven wrong. Game devs tend to delay as much as they can so I've grown a bit cynical about optimistic scenarios.

GrandPaBrowning

Mar 7, 2021
Well, your whining won't change anything, except making you look more pathetic. All the new scenes will be done in the new artstyle so you can seethe about that all you want.
Excuse me? I was expressing an on-topic opinion in polite and constructive manner (presenting arguments, elaborating, etc).

I think I am quite fine, thank you.

Slaylife

Aug 21, 2016
Even if it come tomorrow it will be bugged and you are better waiting a month for fixes.
True, though it will likely be bugged too even if it comes out in a month or two.

The most reliable and fastest way to find and fix bugs nowadays is by making the customers actual beta testers of sorts.

Internal bug fixing often fails short especially with games that have many variables like RPGs.

GrandPaBrowning

Mar 7, 2021
this project has already been delayed a few times it seems. it's fine isn't it? game was done, this is just bonus stuff (since they goofed elsewhere.)
Well, besides bonus stuff they promised to fix bugs - something that should have been done while ago. I am not sure you can call a game done if stuff that should have been hotfixes was delayed by years.

kirov_df

Mar 2, 2018
Can't wait for a good time in Ornesse again. Warp Crystal, take me home, to the place.... (i don't belong, but nice to visit)
1688384417015.png

3.60 star(s) 134 Votes