3.10 star(s) 33 Votes

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
Interesting game, and it looks like it will feature lots of choices and different paths. When is 0.2 coming out?

reflexbound

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2020
Ceesko Thanks! This is what I posted a few days ago on the Discord channel:
We're working hard on it, but it will be a huge chapter with many new locations, quite a bit of lewdness, some minigames, a lot of work to be done. And Zargon is of course working on Young Again as well, that won't be cut short. We'll keep you informed once we have a better idea of when the chapter might be done.

Reactions: johnqaz

Mpkstroff

Sep 16, 2017
Are you (still) interested in Catherine? Who is your favorite girl right now?
I honestly can only remember 3 girls from this game, Catherine, the one with the boyfriend and Anne I think?
I liked Catherine, she care for her cousin when drinking, but after "that" scene.. mmm.. nup.
I dont think I like anyone yet. As Yngling said, Anne share some similarities with Emma, and maybe that why I kinda like her.. I dont know...
I can tell that the game has been made with love (que esta hecho con cariño), but its not clicking with me yet..
Its still the first release, so I wait for now.

Reactions: Zargon_games

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Are you (still) interested in Catherine? Who is your favorite girl right now? (Might make a poll on this, but probably not before chapter 2 is out and you know more of them) Or do you plan to just go for all of them? (It is not a harem game though, so you will have to decide eventually) And if you have a favorite, why is it that girl?
I am still interested in Catherine. She seems like a fun girl. Relationship material? Who knows. But as a fuck buddy? Hell yes!
Other girls: I don't know them well enough, but physically the most appealing to me are Rachel and Vanessa. After the bathroom masturbation scene I'm interested in Anne as well.

Zargon_games

Creating Games
Game Developer
Jan 22, 2020
Are you (still) interested in Catherine? Who is your favorite girl right now? (Might make a poll on this, but probably not before chapter 2 is out and you know more of them) Or do you plan to just go for all of them? (It is not a harem game though, so you will have to decide eventually) And if you have a favorite, why is it that girl?
I don't know if I'm allowed to answer this question since I'm part of the development of the game, but well, here's my answer:

I'm still interested in Cat, maybe not wife material but we definitely can have a good time with her!

And my favorites for now, (although we still know little to nothing about them) are Katie, Helen and Susan.

E_nigma

Jan 20, 2019
"Fell in love" is a bit much. But even there are plenty girls in the game she was actually the most interesting for me. The others are already taken (Charlotte) - or not really interesting, a bit boring. Well, it's not a big drama, this game is probably not for me. Time to move on.
Yeah literally the only reason I clicked on the thread in the first place was her, I've obv read about the content in question and didn't auto-ignore hoping dev would address peoples concerns. But hearing how dead set dev is on unwholesome content and how it(the scene) and her were deliberately intended to create ntr vibes, yeah f false advertising.

Last edited:

kschn68

Jul 18, 2019
You wanted the dev to change their vision for the story to suit your personal tastes. Yeah, f that.

:p

Bring on more wholesome consensual sharing!
If you say so...

I actually was expecting something different in this game, especially since it was hyped as such by the development team in advance in their Patreon posts. But as I've already said, I've learned it the hard way here and will now avoid their games in the future (should have listen more in the discord forums before I blindly played it - they were already called the NTR/sharing/swinging stuff developers since this game started...).
Well, good luck. I'm out.

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
Yeesh, the drama. Judging from some comments, expected full blown gangbang bukkakke session with your-bride-to-be, on the upper floor. Game clearly indicates from the get-go how Catherine is like ( "slut" as some would call it). Maybe she will commit/fall for MC later on, if you hook up with her, but so far how it plays out makes sense. MC is not the only guy in the group, and he's a newcomer. ( fantasies like WVM or "My New Family", creep me the hell out, all female characters staring at MC like doe-eyed puppets. Too self indulgent and ridiculous, even if you were the best looking man on the planet)
Anyways, the game is good so far, I like it. Kind of reminds me of "Best days of our lives".
MC could use some personality boost though, and I hope we see/learn more of other characters ( more distinctive traits, backstories, etc).

reflexbound

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2020
MC could use some personality boost though, and I hope we see/learn more of other characters ( more distinctive traits, backstories, etc).
I'm not sure I can promise too much about the MC, though his behavior will certainly change a bit once he's acquainted with the group some more. And you'll surely get more of the other characters in the next chapters, they will all get their share of screen time, some maybe sooner, some might need more time, but they are all equally important to me.

Reactions: Yngling and darlic

hkennereth

Mar 3, 2019
Devlog #2 - Personality

Welcome back everybody! It's RFB again with another devlog for our upcoming game Rovering to Sussex. Today we'll have a look at how to shape your main character's personality.

But before we dive in, I want to clarify what kind of game Rovering to Sussex is. From last week's devlog, and maybe even more from this one, some of you might think it is a sandbox game. Let me be very clear that it isn't. There is no repeated grinding of the same scenes over and over to increase some values so that you can finally advance individual paths of a loose story.
Instead, Rovering to Sussex is a visual novel with lots of choice. There is one story that you follow as you play the game, but you can often choose whether you want to see some scene or or not. Sometimes you have to choose between different alternatives. In some scenes you can decide whom to talk to, what questions to ask and what answers to give.
And whatever you choose, the game will remember it and change based on what you know and don't know yet or how the different characters see you. We hope that this makes it interesting to play the game over and over again as there will always be something new to discover as you check out different paths.

Now that this is out of the way, back to today's topic. Your character's personality is one of those ways how the game remembers what you decided and changes how different characters see you:

Traits

In Rovering to Sussex, the personality of your main character is defined by three traits:

- Athletic: This represents your character's interest in sports and fitness. You'll gain it for example by going to the gym or doing tasks that involve more manual labor.
- Social: This is about being open and talkative, but also about appearances. You'll gain it, e.g., by talking to people and you can lose it if you are a bad friend.
- Nerdy: The last one is about theoretic knowledge and can be gained for example in quizzes or when discussing nerdy stuff.

As with most choices you can make in the game, there is no right or wrong here, just pick what you like and see how it plays out.

Personality AI

The way you see the current state of your traits is the *Personality AI* app. It shows your personality as a point in the triangle between the three different traits:

As this presentation suggests, the three traits are mutually exclusive, so you can't have high (or low) values in all of them, but every gain in one trait will lose you some points in the other two and vice versa. If you want to reap the benefits of different traits, you may have to consider your actions very carefully, especially since decisions later in the game won't much the needle much (there is no distinction between decisions earlier or later, but after you've taken ten nerdy decisions, going to the gym once won't suddenly make you athletic).
The triangle also rotates to always keep your top trait on top to make it easier to see what you are doing.

The "Your Profile" button in the app takes you to a screen similar to the contact info presented in the first devlog so you can get some information about your own character:

It is pretty empty right now, but as you play, it will fill with more details of what you experienced and some of the choices you made.

Effects

So, why should you care? How does your personality affect the game?

First of all, there will sometimes be minor variations in the dialogue or thoughts depending on your traits. This doesn't affect gameplay much, but adds some touches to make your character feel more realistic and improve your immersion.

Second, a high enough value in some trait may give you additional benefits or options during the game. A nerdy character might get hints for quizzes, an athletic one might have an easier time with some manual tasks and a social one might have a better pick-up line for you to chose.

The final and probably most important effect of your personality is that each of the other characters you encounter will see you differently depending on your traits. We'll talk more about the details of relationships and how they are affected by your traits in the next devlog though so stay tuned.

See you next time!
RFB
I have to say I'm truly fascinated by the trait system you designed. I do believe the biggest gains are your own, because this system means that you can design branching dialogue and story beats and never have to worry about how many points a player is meant to have at any given moment, all you need to worry is whether it passes a threshold for a minor (around 0.35) or major (around 0.65) traits. You probably still need to rely on some hard choices here and there if you want to branch the story more dramatically (did you save the princess or not), but for dialogue and character relationship this system is pretty great. I particularly liked how you bring traits as weighted values into relationship points, reflecting how some people just might dislike big aspect of your personality, but one you can win over by being nice to them. It's a very clever system, congratulations.

The one downside of it is the one you highlight on the devlog itself: choices become decreasingly meaningful as time goes by because the total pool of choices is being divided by larger and larger numbers, so each individual point affects traits less and less.

However, I wanted to ask if you considered the idea of... well, throwing older choices away. If you make the system only take into consideration a pool of the last X choices made, you give players the option to change their personality as time goes by, which makes all choices more relevant, and better reflects how people have the ability to learn and change with time. Maybe they started as some big nerds and learned to pay more attention to their body health, or they were all about parties and being social, and decided to focus on their studies and become more nerdy.

With a big enough number of choices in the pool you still get the benefits of slow change by each choice, but at least you can change course... without editing variables or something. How big a pool really depends on how many choices per "chapter" you will end up having, but I think it's an idea worth considering.

Reactions: Yngling

reflexbound

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2020
Thanks hkennereth!
However, I wanted to ask if you considered the idea of... well, throwing older choices away. If you make the system only take into consideration a pool of the last X choices made, you give players the option to change their personality as time goes by, which makes all choices more relevant, and better reflects how people have the ability to learn and change with time. Maybe they started as some big nerds and learned to pay more attention to their body health, or they were all about parties and being social, and decided to focus on their studies and become more nerdy.
Yes, I considered such a moving average. You are right about some benefits of that, but I happy with the current system for now. It's not like later choices matter less. Whether you pick an athletic choice first and then a social one or the other way round, you'll always end up at the same values, so they did matter exactly the same. Just the swings that you see are getting smaller.
But the nice thing is, if it doesn't work out, I can always change the way the points are calculated, because they are not stored directly, but I track your decisions, so I can change how they impact the values at any time if I need to.

Reactions: hkennereth

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.3.0

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

(If you use QIWI you support me a little bit every time you click)

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Size 357 MB

Come find me on Discord:

Last edited:

Sngo

May 9, 2020
Voyeurism

No, there is no NTR in the game! No one will take away your love interests. But not all the girls you meet will be single in the beginning of the game and their relationship status might also change depending on your actions. So if you want to, you can get the chance to watch some girls as they get it on with their boyfriends, girlfriends or friends with benefits. You might even have the chance to become part of a throuple relationship or make a girl cheat on her partner with you. Some relationships you might be able to crack if you rather want the girl for yourself only.

The same way we did with the urination fetish , we made sure that (also for the voyeurism fetish) you don't see anything you don't want to see. The first time you could stumble upon others having sex, you will get a decision like this:

The third option will disable all sexual content without your main character participating, choosing the last one will disable only heterosexual content and still allow you to spy on a lesbian couple. Again, if you don't opt out completely, you will always be warned by the light red color of decisions that lead to voyeurism scenes. For lesbian scenes, the color is pink instead, so you know exactly what your decisions could lead to.

Again, the content settings menu lets you change your mind later on and bonus images with lesbian or heterosexual content without your main character will also be enabled or disabled by this setting.
Hum ok not a game for me since I don't like NTR content in games. Sad to see you go that way but oh well your choice, since you started to go the NTR way will not touch anymore of your future games but atleast i want to finish your good game young again .
So my only questions is if this "game" will affect your good game young again development time?
Ty in advance

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
One of the best dev teams you'll find folks. You can debate the preliminary storyline but the coding is 100% above the board. I consider this team a peer or higher and not your average bear. Allow the storyline to flesh itself out as planned. None of us "end-users" are in a position to know what storyboard was pre-palnned so let's hold off harsh criticism for the next few updates. Then you'll know whether this VN fits your kink wheelhouse or not. Obviously this is simply my opinion but you folks know I don't praise developers often so that should hopefully carry some amount of weight of my intentions.

Bottom line: If the pre-planned story is anything like the code I had to experience then we are in for one helluva ride.

Buckle up Buttercup,
Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hum ok not a game for me since I don't like NTR content in games. Sad to see you go that way but oh well your choice, since you started to go the NTR way will not touch anymore of your future games but atleast i want to finish your good game young again .
So my only questions is if this "game" will affect your good game young again development time?
Ty in advance
Bud, do what you want (obviously) but there's no NTR. You, as the player, choose how and what you want to see as Zargon_games described to you in detail. All I'm saying is that don't disregard the VN just because you "think" it's an NTR title... it's not. If you need extra hand-holding then by all means feel free to use SanchoMod which will take it a step further and let you know every step of the way what's up so you can do you with only the crayons you wish to be used as color on your construction paper (so to speak). I'm not writing this to debate but rather to not have you disregard the title without actually testing it. The choice is yours of course. Take care and best to ya.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Well, I really enjoyed everything so far.

Loved the free roaming at the party (y)
Loved every character (y)(y) (y)
Loved the fact that male characters are important, too (y)
Really enjoyed the kinky bits :geek:

Please, stick with your "vision" and pretty please JUST IGNORE the retarded dweebs.

3.10 star(s) 33 Votes