Tool RPGM RPG Maker MV v1.62 Linux Mac and Windows

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Aegis Lily

Oct 18, 2019
Hey guys I'm total noob when it comes to these things:cry:.
So i have RPG Maker MV v1.6.1 which is about 3.24 Gigs big, but when i go to the mega link for v1.6.2 its like 62Mso_O...
can someone please tell me if this is an update and if so how do i update:sick: (using Windows 10)

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
Hey guys I'm total noob when it comes to these things:cry:.
So i have RPG Maker MV v1.6.1 which is about 3.24 Gigs big, but when i go to the mega link for v1.6.2 its like 62Mso_O...
can someone please tell me if this is an update and if so how do i update:sick: (using Windows 10)
This is only the engine for the games, not the editor.
MV 1.61 and MV 1.62 are identical except for the number (steam had Kadokawa change the number for consistency with the japanese version where 1.61 and 1.62 are different).
So if your version is other than japanese you already have the latest version.

Aegis Lily

Oct 18, 2019
So....this file is for if i want to update the games engine and not the rpgmaker mv editor itself

Aegis Lily

Oct 18, 2019
This is only the engine for the games, not the editor.
MV 1.61 and MV 1.62 are identical except for the number (steam had Kadokawa change the number for consistency with the japanese version where 1.61 and 1.62 are different).
So if your version is other than japanese you already have the latest version.
Friend, There are plugins that say i need to update rpg mv to 1.62 (have 1.61 crack:cautious:) do you know how to update it?:oops:

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
So....this file is for if i want to update the games engine and not the rpgmaker mv editor itself
Correct
Friend, There are plugins that say i need to update rpg mv to 1.62 (have 1.61 crack:cautious:) do you know how to update it?:oops:
What plugins? You mean editor addons or in game plugins?
If you mean game plugins you just follow the instructions on the first post.
If you mean editor addons you should update the editor. (I can upload the mv editor 1.62, but I doubt it will work with the existing crack)

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
Yeah i mean game plugins like Yanifly Engine Plugin(YEP).
The one I want to use is the "Eli_NoteWeather" plugin which sadly requires rpg mv 1.62.
If you created your game with v1.61 you are ok. As I said previously v1.61 and v1.62 are identical (except from the version number).
If you created the game with an older version , you can completely upgrade it by using using the new data zip in the first post. Read the spoiler: some information on the first post.
and for more detailed info read.
Whenever you update (or downgrade by selecting a beta) the RPG Maker MV you should always
1. Make a backup of your project (and your game)
2. Do not open your project before you update its files

3.- either create a new project and copy/replace from that new project, in your existing one, the files "index.html", "package.json" in the "www" folder, all the files "rpg_*.js" (examples: rpg_core.js,rpg_windows.js,...) in the "www/js/" directory, all the files in the "www/js/libs/" directory, (if you use any of the default plugins) the files in the "www/js/plugins/" directory and last the files in the folder "fonts".
- or you go to the "NewData" folder in your RPG Maker MV root directory (where you have installed MV) and fetch the files that I described above from there.
Pay attention to not replace by mistake the "plugins.js"
4. You should check/remember if you have made any customs modifications on any of the "rpg_*.js" files and port those modifications in the new/upgraded files too (e.g. in your game you have added the key "H" in the keymaper in the file "rpg_core.js")
5. You are done. Your project is updated in the new version.

If you don't perform the above steps correctly you'll end up with an hybrid, that has the latest engine, some files will get replaced automatically (in your case the MV had replaced "index.html", "package.json" and the files in the folder "libs" to the latest version) and the "rpg_*.js" of an older version.
If you are lucky it will work or it can give some minor/unpredected bugs. But if you are unlucky you can end with a corrupted project and you'll have to start from scratch.

Reactions: Aegis Lily

Aegis Lily

Oct 18, 2019
If you created your game with v1.61 you are ok. As I said previously v1.61 and v1.62 are identical (except from the version number).
If you created the game with an older version , you can completely upgrade it by using using the new data zip in the first post. Read the spoiler: some information on the first post.
and for more detailed info read.
Thanks(y) I finally got it right. The plugins working now:).

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
RPG Maker MV v1.62
What is this tool for?
I put all the contents of my game www folder inside the www folder of this program and then started the Debugame opened a screen but nothing happens.
Using something without knowing what it is for is useless. :unsure:

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
What is this tool for?
I put all the contents of my game www folder inside the www folder of this program and then started the Debugame opened a screen but nothing happens.
Using something without knowing what it is for is useless. :unsure:
The debug version is different.
You copy all files/folders from the www folder (of your game) and place them inside the main directory including the files "index.html" and "package.json".
With F12 you open the debug console.

Reactions: Moricano

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
The debug version is different.
You copy all files/folders from the www folder (of your game) and place them inside the main directory including the files "index.html" and "package.json".
With F12 you open the debug console.
Thanks for the tip friend I am very nob in these areas of tools (y)

Reactions: pk2000

SdqDK

May 6, 2020
Bro using linex version

I am getting an error of "unable to locate the program"

Bro can you please put a detailed description for how to use it.

I am not so good at it and I just did what I understood from what you said. But it's not working. Maybe I did something wrong. If you explain well maybe I can get it working.

I am trying to play "Treasure of Nadia v. 40071" with wine
Wine version 5
Ubuntu 20.04

Thank you

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Bro using linex version

I am getting an error of "unable to locate the program"

Bro can you please put a detailed description for how to use it.

I am not so good at it and I just did what I understood from what you said. But it's not working. Maybe I did something wrong. If you explain well maybe I can get it working.

I am trying to play "Treasure of Nadia v. 40071" with wine
Wine version 5
Ubuntu 20.04

Thank you
Wrong thread mate... There is a working Linux build for Treasure of Nadia on the first page of the game thread, check here: https://f95zone.to/threads/treasure-of-nadia-v40071-nlt-media.38582/post-2531142

cdn

Jan 29, 2018
Tried Lidas adventure EP 1(crunched version) on Ubuntu 16.04. The game is working but unable to save, the locations are not accessible from the save window. Any fix to this would be appreciated. I tied adding a folder called save in www as well as outside, didn't work. Thanks

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018

J103

Sep 22, 2016
I've been playing RPGM MV games from Manjaro without issues for a while now but after yesterday's update nothing works anymore and I have no idea what they changed to break them. Some time ago if I had problems launching a game directly from its folder they would run fine from Lutris but this doesn't work either. If someone here is also using Manjaro and still hasn't updated be warned that this update will probably break something you need to play these games. The error messages I get tell me that the nw file doesn't exist or something like that, it's weird.

Reactions: atrisium

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I've been playing RPGM MV games from Manjaro without issues for a while now but after yesterday's update nothing works anymore and I have no idea what they changed to break them. Some time ago if I had problems launching a game directly from its folder they would run fine from Lutris but this doesn't work either. If someone here is also using Manjaro and still hasn't updated be warned that this update will probably break something you need to play these games. The error messages I get tell me that the nw file doesn't exist or something like that, it's weird.
Maybe revoked permissions to execute nw? :unsure:

J103

Sep 22, 2016
Maybe revoked permissions to execute nw? :unsure:
It doesn't look like that's the case, everything looks fine but it just doesn't work anymore. I tried downloading Treasure of Nadia since that game has a Linux version but it's exactly the same thing. Fall:Out still works but I'm not even sure that game is really RPGM, and if it is I have no idea what they changed.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes