Tool RPGM RPG Maker MV v1.62 Linux Mac and Windows

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

munnybunny

Nov 12, 2020
I still can't seem to get this to work at all Game.Desktop doesn't run its executable same with nw the folder to the game has no spaces and my preferences are set to ask first so I tried running as is nothing run in terminal terminal closes before I get a chance to see the errors I'm on linux btw I even tried running the game in browser it works but only for a bit I get failed to load png errors and it loops on loading screens same problem using NW.js

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I still can't seem to get this to work at all Game.Desktop doesn't run its executable same with nw the folder to the game has no spaces and my preferences are set to ask first so I tried running as is nothing run in terminal terminal closes before I get a chance to see the errors I'm on linux btw I even tried running the game in browser it works but only for a bit I get failed to load png errors and it loops on loading screens same problem using NW.js
Which game do you try to run?

Last edited:

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Succumate v1.03
1. Download the Linux launcher from OP and the game.
2. Copy over the game's www folder in the launchers folder.
3. Set permission "Allow executing file as program" to "nw" file (right click -> properties -> permissions).
4. Open Terminal (CTRL+ALT+T) and drag and drop "nw" file into Terminal's window and hit enter. (Note: trying to launch the game via Game.desktop won't work.)
1606897698677.png

munnybunny

Nov 12, 2020
1. Download the Linux launcher from OP and the game.
2. Copy over the game's www folder in the launchers folder.
3. Set permission "Allow executing file as program" to "nw" file (right click -> properties -> permissions).
4. Open Terminal (CTRL+ALT+T) and drag and drop "nw" file into Terminal's window and hit enter. (Note: trying to launch the game via Game.desktop won't work.)
View attachment 925431
so that works kind of I get a lot of errors and same outcome if ran in browser but it does this in opening and if I skip and just play the game it will hang after a while and keep me locked in a loading screen with the same error message Screenshot from 2020-12-02 03-27-32.png

Reactions: aattss

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
so that works kind of I get a lot of errors and same outcome if ran in browser but it does this in opening and if I skip and just play the game it will hang after a while and keep me locked in a loading screen with the same error message
The missing fonts errors in Terminal are normal.

Whenever you come across a "Loading Error" check the path shown -> "www/img/pictures/Open the door_008.png".
Now we see that the file is named "Open the Door_0008" with an capital d and not "Open the door_008". Means, dev was lazy to use the same names in his code and files (case sensitivity isn't important on Windows but on Linux it is!).
1606915664064.png

Solution: Rename the file as shown in the "Loading Error"- Message => Open the door_008.rpgmvp and click on Retry.

Last edited:
Reactions: madmonkey360

munnybunny

Nov 12, 2020
The missing fonts errors in Terminal are normal.

Whenever you come across a "Loading Error" check the path shown -> "www/img/pictures/Open the door_008.png".
Now we see that the file is named "Open the Door_0008" with an capital d and not "Open the door_008". Means, dev was lazy to use the same names in his code as and files (case sensitivity isn't important on Windows but on Linux it is!).
View attachment 925661

Solution: Rename the file as shown in the "Loading Error"- Message => Open the door_008.rpgmvp and click on Retry.
ah makes sense there is a bunch like that in that folder x.x know of any rename tools I could use to fix them quicker if not no biggie also thanks a lot for the help

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
ah makes sense there is a bunch like that in that folder x.x know of any rename tools I could use to fix them quicker if not no biggie also thanks a lot for the help
Use Ubuntu's on board tools -> mark every file you want to rename -> right click -> choose "rename".
1606985373679.png

stsc999

Dec 29, 2019
Tried elena's life in linux rpg maker(moving www files and given execution permission to game and nw)

But I'm unable to save the game

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Tried elena's life in linux rpg maker(moving www files and given execution permission to game and nw)

But I'm unable to save the game
The same thing happened with Lida's Adventures. Taking ownership of the save folder (chown) fixed the issue.
Take Lida's Adventures for example, on Linux you can't access dev's provides saves, because you are not the owner of the save folder. Fixing permission (chmod) didn't help; what I had to do was to get ownership of the folder (chown) or create my own save folder and then copy over dev's saves.

stsc999

Dec 29, 2019
Yes it happened with Lida's Adventures too, Tried taking ownership of save ,it didnt solved my issue ,the save folder should be inside www?
The same thing happened with Lida's Adventures. Taking ownership of the save folder (chown) fixed the issue.

May 26, 2019
Hey pk2000,

Regarding the pixi.js stuff, I have four questions:

1) Your instructions in this thread's first post is to put the "pixi-patch.js" file in the "libs" folder.
Did you mean the "lib" (with no "s") folder? Because I cannot find any folder called "libs."

2) When you tell us to "replace the default pixi.js with the versions v4.5.6 or v4.8.9," are you saying that we should replace the "pixi-patch.js" file we placed in the "lib" folder with the version v4.5.6 or v4.8.9 "pixi.js" file?

3) It seems that there are newer versions of pixi.js as seen in this . Should we use those versions instead of the ones you have provided?

4) Last but not least, the zip files you provided for version v4.5.6 or v4.8.9 each contain both a "pixi.js" and a "pixi.js.map" file when they are extracted. Should we copy both files ("pixi.js" and a "pixi.js.map") into the "lib" or "libs" folder?

Thanks for your help!

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes