Asia Argento

The Golden Dragon Princess
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
I am guessing something happened, its not within their character as I have seen shitty devs and Phanes generally responded pretty quickly before this lay off and was pretty open minded about suggestions. Nothing I saw (5 dollar patron) to suggest either of the 2 theories listed above. 5 dollars was a top tier patronage too. Clearly they werent out for anything but making art as even the other devs I like (Runey and Arc) have 50+ tiers and make similar quality stuff.

I emailed Phanes and even they havent responded to their personal email in over a month asking if they were ok.

Maybe they took a break from development do work on their art?
Corrected.

I get it. People hate pronoun preferences, but try to remember.

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
I am guessing something happened, its not within their character as I have seen shitty devs and Phanes generally responded pretty quickly before this lay off and was pretty open minded about suggestions. Nothing I saw (5 dollar patron) to suggest either of the 2 theories listed above. 5 dollars was a top tier patronage too. Clearly they werent out for anything but making art as even the other devs I like (Runey and Arc) have 50+ tiers and make similar quality stuff.

I emailed Phanes and even they havent responded to their personal email in over a month asking if they were ok.

Corrected.

I get it. People hate pronoun preferences, but try to remember.
People don't give a Jedi's ass about pronoun preferences, you try and remember that.

PhanesDionysos

Queer Pervert (they/them)
Game Developer
Mar 25, 2020
I've just notified the uploader of . Thanks to everyone who was concerned; I'm sorry to have left it so long without updating or communicating. I've talked a bit about what's been going on with me as well as some of my plans for avoiding this sort of thing in the future. I appreciate y'all's understanding and totally get any displeasure at the surprise hiatus.

jjjjj1076701

Sep 20, 2020
I've just notified the uploader of . Thanks to everyone who was concerned; I'm sorry to have left it so long without updating or communicating. I've talked a bit about what's been going on with me as well as some of my plans for avoiding this sort of thing in the future. I appreciate y'all's understanding and totally get any displeasure at the surprise hiatus.
As someone who has his own list of issues, I understand completely. Just make sure that your mental/physical health is a priority. Serious topics aside, I am glad to see that it got updated.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Good to hear you're still kicking. Depression can be a right bastard, so do whatever you feel is right for you to stay sane and healthy; everything else is secondary.

Edit: Btw. the link from your patreon post to itch is broken: You've pasted the url twice, it looks like.

Asia Argento

The Golden Dragon Princess
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
yes yes yes! Re-patreon time.

• Red Heart
Reactions: PhanesDionysos

blarg0192

Mar 10, 2018
Happy to hear from you!

Reactions: Asia Argento

PhanesDionysos

Queer Pervert (they/them)
Game Developer
Mar 25, 2020
its has virus dont download it from any source!
I can't speak to the re-uploaded versions here, but to my knowledge is safe. Over a hundred people have downloaded the latest version and yours is the first report I've seen of a problem. Note that antivirus software will sometimes flag a file that's newly-released and obscure; this happens a lot with indie games. You can check the identifier your antivirus gives you to see if it's one of these false positives.

If you got the game from the official download page and still think it has a virus, please DM me the details and I'll investigate.

Reactions: LaraNome

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
Glad to see you're still around.

Some advice for the future: whenever you feel like you get pulled into multiple directions, and things have grown beyond what you currently feel you can handle, make the patreons aware of those issues, even if only on a superficial level.
Depression is a very, very common phenomena in the R18 dev community, and most people are very positive in their response & very forgiving here.
This can help to immediately lessen the load you feel, instead of stranding you on this isolated island of fears & helpless desperation, where you're constantly pulled in all directions.
By not informing the patreons, you'll just plague yourself further and build up a guilty consciousness and all the stress that you already feel multiplies.

Whenever you feel that right that moment, it's just too much - notify the patreons, take a break. They'll always prefer you taking a month or two hiatus to the project crashing and burning, and when you feel you have their backing, rather than struggeling with the fears of disappointing them or abusing their generosity, you'll be able to focus on yourself and getting yourself better.

PyoT

Sep 3, 2020
Take my water, take my oxygen
They never could help me, I'm left just as empty tonight
I will stop at nothing less than You
Ruined me, You've ruined me, nothing else moves me
;)

... really like it. As far as I remember at the moment it's basically one of only two games on the site I've found so far were the writing is any sort of good. Yes, the art ... fine. But ultimately prose is imo much more critical with these sort of games; after all, the most time you spend with these games is reading.

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes