Allan Trumbull

Forum Fanatic
Sep 10, 2021
Last played a while ago. Skipped all updates after mc taking charge of mental hospital. Worth to play it now ????

PhanesDionysos

Queer Pervert (they/them)
Game Developer
Mar 25, 2020
Last played a while ago. Skipped all updates after mc taking charge of mental hospital. Worth to play it now ????
I decided to check my changelogs to see what I've added... I'm guessing you played version 0.23, and the latest release is 0.41. Since you stopped I've added:
  • 5 training scenes with Theresa and one graduation sequence (of at least three planned)
  • 3 new play scenes with Theresa
  • 2 new horror expeditions
  • 3 new minor NPC ruination sequences
  • 4 "Night music" horror dream sequences with Theresa
  • A bunch of customization for Theresa, including new routines, new greetings, new outfits, new body markings, and piercings.
  • A UI art overhaul
  • A bunch of art updates, bug fixes, new sound effects, and similar stuff
So there's a bunch to catch up on, although it's up to you if it's worth it!

PhanesDionysos

Game Developer
Mar 25, 2020
Version 0.41.1 is now free for everyone, adding a play scene with Pappy and some fixes. The patron version is at 0.42.0 and adds a new horror expedition about body horror and transformation and a play scene with Theresa featuring coitus.

For a full changelog and downloads for the public version, check out:

eUTCnFFGYbNT

Jun 3, 2019
How much content does this game have,I remember checking it out when it first came out ,played it till then end then forgot about it .
Then it poped up in the Latest Updates tab and wow I assumed this was abandoned guess I was wrong.
How many hours of content does this game have,does it have multiple routes or is it linear ? Can someone answer this without spoiling it too much? Thanks in advance.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
How much content does this game have,I remember checking it out when it first came out ,played it till then end then forgot about it .
Then it poped up in the Latest Updates tab and wow I assumed this was abandoned guess I was wrong.
How many hours of content does this game have,does it have multiple routes or is it linear ? Can someone answer this without spoiling it too much? Thanks in advance.
Quite a fair amount of content. The over-all storyline is largely linear but consists of many substories with choices, avoidable options etc.

Reactions: eUTCnFFGYbNT

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
Well... the reviews were mostly glowing, (26 averaging 4stars) and well over 400K eyes being put on it, I gave it a go.

I'll agree with the majority of reviewers, that this is an excellently written game and falls into a niche not well explored here in the catalog of games.

But I also agree with a good majority of posters that the artwork for the characters is not on par with the quality of the story.

To be honest, the backgrounds in the painterly style aren't bad, its just the characters who are pulling the swimmer underwater like cinder blocks tied around the ankles.

Really, all this game needs are some better sprites to go with your backgrounds. Heck, even a Daz Neophyte like myself can come of with something...

Teresa chambers.jpg

I think it would really bring what you have going to life, and turn the 4 stars into 5.

No offense meant, I'll still follow the game. But now I am intrigued so I am exercising my Daz-fu and taking a stab at some of the other characters!

katmandomo

Feb 10, 2018
The only problem with going for Daz is several of the characters are supposed to be horrific looking and Daz struggles with anybody who is not proportioned like supermodel.

PhanesDionysos

Game Developer
Mar 25, 2020
Really, all this game needs are some better sprites to go with your backgrounds. Heck, even a Daz Neophyte like myself can come of with something...

No offense meant, I'll still follow the game. But now I am intrigued so I am exercising my Daz-fu and taking a stab at some of the other characters!
The DAZ look (and other standard 3D approaches) isn't my personal preference, but I 100% support these interpretations of the characters! Your interpretation of Esther is especially impressive: I would never have expected that someone would be able to portray a character with cleft palate surgery scars in that software! I've used it, and your work is pretty damn good, especially when you call yourself a "neophyte".

The only problem with going for Daz is several of the characters are supposed to be horrific looking and Daz struggles with anybody who is not proportioned like supermodel.
This is sort of parting the curtain more than I usually prefer, but I don't intend any of the human characters to be horrific-looking. Esther, as a prime example: she's "disfigured" and I think she's pretty hot, at least the version of her I have in my head. Personally, in real life, I find the "imperfect" qualities of my lovers to be super attractive. Part of the thing I'm trying to do with Lovecraft and other horror stuff is to explore how the stuff that's often portrayed as awful and inhuman is actually just, like... human. This gets into queer theory and other geeky stuff, but I hope everyone who's had actual sexual experience can agree that "imperfections" and other uniquenesses about human bodies are pretty sexy, especially as part of a real person who has other hot things about them.

Regarding art: I think my art has already improved a whole bunch, and I don't have any plans for switching approaches. I'd love to be able to take on guest artists for certain scenes or even do alternate spritesets, but I feel like I want to wait on that until I can pay rent and also give any official artists fair payment for their labor. At the moment, Patreon plus Itch.io tips doesn't make that possible. I'll keep working on making my own art better represent what I'm trying to convey to players.

That all said, anyone who wants to do the enormous work of modding Ruin Me, I totally support. Ren'py modding is pretty straightforward, especially for art replacement, and I'm happy to give advice on that (just DM me)!

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
Alright...
So hear me out... I was poke'n around on the Daz Forum and found a thread for an asset called "Cartoonized". Looked intriguing, so I got it.
Then I thought... hmmmm... I wonder....

Here is Ester, "Cartoonized" Ester Back Stair.jpg

it was a bit of a hasty render, so forgive the hand placement etc.

PhanesDionysos

Game Developer
Mar 25, 2020
There's a new Ruin Me release out! The new patron version adds weird and sometimes sexy ambience in the town, plus the meme swimsuit and an anal sex play scene with Theresa. The new free version lets you fuck her in the cunt and has a weird horror expedition involving hair, head shaving, messy concoctions, and storytelling.

Full changelogs for 0.42.1 and 0.43.0:

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes