Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Hi Uncas Leaf, I guess this is your own reply. (you deleted some quoting brackets ;) ) ... What's a BFF ?
BFF Best Friend Forever.... unless I'm just stupid...lol..... Ok, I am, but we'll not go into that...lol

• Haha
Reactions: Rolo

Uncas Leaf

Apr 5, 2021
OK sorry about that....New to all this...Yep Best Friend Forever!!! but just a couple of beers will suffice!!!

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Yes, but how do you beat the Orc? I've tried many times, so it means I am doing it incorrectly. I have leather armor and various swords, as well as 1 healing potion. (strength = 5 and Melee 26)
Thanks.

also...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deulym

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Before leaving for the journey, I have Strength 7, Dext. 8, Constit. 8, healing potions 12, long sword. Lets see if this is sufficient ... ;) (Melee 26 is ok).

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Before leaving for the journey, I have Strength 7, Dext. 8, Constit. 8, healing potions 12, long sword. Lets see if this is sufficient ... ;) (Melee 26 is ok).
Thanks Rolo.
I was going to restart anyway. I didn't realize a lot about this game. I spent all my time trying to have a relationship w the sister ?Elly? as well as getting ready for winter. I didn't even know that I should have been doing the stuff in town. Completely skipped all of that my first run through....
I do like the 'sister', though, so hope they allow/expand on that in the future.

Take it easy

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
zillion things to do before adventure and not enuf time.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Yes yes, it takes some time (and a few PTs) to understand what is important and what is not.
If you dont care about getting ready for winter, Elly is a bit mad at you (-5), but thats not too bad.

Specially the Kelly quests are so many (and also so good and well done), its not possible to succeed within the given time.

Reactions: Forgotted

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
I started a new game.
I'm not so sure abt strength at 7. Mine is back up to 6 after exercising w Marika but am unsure how to get it to 7? Do you know?
Thanks

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
As stated before, at day 10 after breakfast, look for elf in Elly's bedroom. She will be awake.
If you do that at day 11, you missed your chance. If you do that a day earlier, you loose a day.

I would prefer a game design with coming elf by herself (no game over!).
But in the moment we have to count (or console: day).
... I'm not so sure abt strength at 7. Mine is back up to 6 ...
The stats depend on your answeres. Look postings #204 /#205

Last edited:
Reactions: Forgotted

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
I can see that having read the posts about the game now. It's just that I don't enjoy reading all those things Before playing the game. I like discovering things and having fun then if I am too stuck coming on here to get some help. I don't think I saw any warnings in game about it ending if I didn't check on the elf princess by any certain time and think that was a very poor game design choice. I also missed the warnings in game about having to start over again if I didn't choose the correct answers in the beginning.
This game was fun but a few things really ruin it for me such as this sudden ending and choosing the wrong answers that make it so you can't continue on a few hours later.
Game Over only makes sense if you die from battle, starvation, or other choices where you have warnings about the consequences of your decisions not simply blindsiding you after you've played for quite some time.
Other folks may not know that they have to come on this forum before and read these posts before playing the game. Like I said, I try not to do that as it takes the fun out of it for me.
Anyway, it was fun chatting w you about the game, I hope you continue to enjoy it but I think that's all for me.
Cheers

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
... It's just that I don't enjoy reading all those things Before playing the game. I like discovering things and having fun then if I am too stuck coming on here to get some help. ...
Same with me.
But I also accept that I need more than one playthrough (PT) to understand a game with complex game-mechanics.
With a linear VN its different ofc, but a game like "Runaway Princess" - I see as a challenge to understand better and better.
... a few things really ruin it for me such as this sudden ending and choosing the wrong answers that make it so you can't continue on a few hours later. ... I think that's all for me.
Cheers
There are no "wrong" answeres. In different PT I had different combinations of stats, and every combination has its advantages and disadvantages. Like that, you can succeed with every combination (no "game over" with that).

If you had some fun with the game, may be you think about coming back some time later, after it is more finetuned and polished. ... Your choice - have fun ...

Last edited:

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Mini-Walkthrough for the journey

As someone already said, the journey is quite easy and self-explanatory
The game like it is now (fix0.2b) has the following phases:

Prolog (grandparents and young Elly)
Phase I (home and village)
Phase II (journey)
Phase III (Dewsburry)

In the Prolog you will create a combination of stats. They are all more or less useful, and every combination will work in some way.

In Phase I, there are lots of quest, and you are able to earn lots of money (selling food in the village and buying healing potions).

The journey (Phase II) is mainly fighting and finding stuff. Its also resting, drinking, cooking or roasting, eating.

At the start of the journey, talk to the princess.

A menu will open: Ask about basic travelling info. Lady Jester appeares and explains everything what you should know while travelling. That’s kind of a mini-tutorial and quite sufficient.

My personal strategy is: In the evening, when everyone is too tired to go on walking and fighting, have a rest.

Click in the middle of the screen. The resting place appears. Send one for hunting (Marika or Genni are good in it and like it). Send the princess to look for Water. At last, decide to gather wood.

One hour later visit the water place all together. Then start a fire, tell someone to cook or roast meet /fish. Let the other 2 rest for one hour. Now its time for eating.

If there is roasted food, go on menu “trade” and divide the food among the 3 persons. The one who did the roasting puts the roasted meat /fish to the right side, and from there put it back to the left side (left click on item).

Switch from one person to the next with the + and – beside the name.

In the inventory you can also switch between page 1 and page 2.

Now its sleeping time. You have the possibility to let all 3 sleep at the same time - without guard (and I did never experience anything special while doing this, but that was may be just luck).

Sleeping with guard, I did with 3 shifts of 3 hours each. So, everyone had one shift as a guard.

If the 3 are tired already in the afternoon, let them rest earlier. No problem with walking during nighttime after that.

Most funny and sexy thing on the way is a fountain with special water which makes ppl incredible horny. Let everyone drink at the same time (but be aware that there are also poisoned fountains - good to have enough healing potions in the luggage).

During fights, everyone concentrates on the left one of the enemies. Click on healing potion when your HP are less than half, and the battle will still take some time. Otherwise click on your sword and choose the enemy (you have to activate sword before in your inventory – left click).

Don’t be afraid of losing. Even if MCs HP go down to zero, I never lost a battle. Remember, take Kelly only as a companion, when you want to try an extremely hard difficulty level, I never did that up to now.

After the battle, when you walk again, and your HP are less than ¾, talk to the princess and she will ask if she may heal you. She can also heal the 3rd companion, but cannot heal herself. Therefor she will need the most potions to heal herself.

When you meet Valentina after defeating the crazy monks, best is to save your game and then play through all versions when talking to her. Before continuing the journey, take into consideration that you will meet her a lot in Dewsberry, and that your decision now will have some influence on your relationship with her.

I guess that’s all. At least the main things you need to know about the journey. Soon you will enter Dewsberry.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Mini-Walkthrough for the journey

As someone already said, the journey is quite easy and self-explanatory
The game like it is now (fix0.2b) has the following phases:

Prolog (grandparents and young Elly)
Phase I (home and village)
Phase II (journey)
Phase III (Dewsburry)

In the Prolog you will create a combination of stats. They are all more or less useful, and every combination will work in some way.

In Phase I, there are lots of quest, and you are able to earn lots of money (selling food in the village and buying healing potions).

The journey (Phase II) is mainly fighting and finding stuff. Its also resting, drinking, cooking or roasting, eating.

At the start of the journey, talk to the princess.

A menu will open: Ask about basic travelling info. Lady Jester appeares and explains everything what you should know while travelling. That’s kind of a mini-tutorial and quite sufficient.

My personal strategy is: In the evening, when everyone is too tired to go on walking and fighting, have a rest.

Click in the middle of the screen. The resting place appears. Send one for hunting (Marika or Genni are good in it and like it). Send the princess to look for Water. At last, decide to gather wood.

One hour later visit the water place all together. Then start a fire, tell someone to cook or roast meet /fish. Let the other 2 rest for one hour. Now its time for eating.

If there is roasted food, go on menu “trade” and divide the food among the 3 persons. The one who did the roasting puts the roasted meat /fish to the right side, and from there put it back to the left side (left click on item).

Switch from one person to the next with the + and – beside the name.

In the inventory you can also switch between page 1 and page 2.

Now its sleeping time. You have the possibility to let all 3 sleep at the same time - without guard (and I did never experience anything special while doing this, but that was may be just luck).

Sleeping with guard, I did with 3 shifts of 3 hours each. So, everyone had one shift as a guard.

If the 3 are tired already in the afternoon, let them rest earlier. No problem with walking during nighttime after that.

Most funny and sexy thing on the way is a fountain with special water which makes ppl incredible horny. Let everyone drink at the same time (but be aware that there are also poisoned fountains - good to have enough healing potions in the luggage).

During fights, everyone concentrates on the left one of the enemies. Click on healing potion when your HP are less than half, and the battle will still take some time. Otherwise click on your sword and choose the enemy (you have to activate sword before in your inventory – left click).

Don’t be afraid of losing. Even if MCs HP go down to zero, I never lost a battle. Remember, take Kelly only as a companion, when you want to try an extremely hard difficulty level, I never did that up to now.

After the battle, when you walk again, and your HP are less than ¾, talk to the princess and she will ask if she may heal you. She can also heal the 3rd companion, but cannot heal herself. Therefor she will need the most potions to heal herself.

When you meet Valentina after defeating the crazy monks, best is to save your game and then play through all versions when talking to her. Before continuing the journey, take into consideration that you will meet her a lot in Dewsberry, and that your decision now will have some influence on your relationship with her.

I guess that’s all. At least the main things you need to know about the journey. Soon you will enter Dewsberry.
Damn mate you was up all night putting this together.. :) (y) I have this downloaded but not loaded. I guess I will have to lode it up and see how good it is. Time is the big thing for me right now trying to learn all this stuff I am working with, but I do need a break now and then. Usually when I take a break I get up and Pee and walk the dog around the yard to get the kinks out o_O

• Haha

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
LOL - no, not ALL night. But I confess that night time is the best for working on stuff like that imo ;)

Last edited:

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Mini Walkthrough about Phase I (home and village).

First, I want to emphasize that Mobum (dev) did a real excellent work, being absolutely diligent with creating content. May be 3 or 5 times more than some other devs in one update.

Only severe problem is the timing. Now, we have 10 days until we have to take the princess out of Elly’s room, and another 2 days until the journey starts. That’s really a pity, coz we will miss more than half of the quests and content of what the dev has created.

To succeed with most of the quests from Phase I, I personally needed 25 days (as a quite experienced player with Phase I).

Normally I would prefer a different coding - with more available time to prepare for the journey. But that’s not happening, coz Mobum wants to work on version 0.3 first, also adding new content.

So, we have to live with the current version for the next weeks and months.

The only possibility to experience most quests is to work with the console and to manipulate the day counter.

Open the console (shift O) and type “day”. Console gives the value for the ingame days (counting from day 0).

When value is 10, set it back to 5 (day=5). Do this 2 times. Then wake up the princess (“day 10”).

Asking her when you will leave for the journey, she answers: “Day after tomorrow” (which is day 12 then). At day 11 or 12, reset the day back to 10 again (and again), until you are ready to leave for the journey on “day 12” in the morning.

Count your real days (mine was 25), coz next PT, you might need less days, with more experience with the game.

Hint: After inviting Kelly for a date at the lake, you can choose if you want to go with her alone, or if you want to go together with Elly and Kelly’s brother. If you do 2 PTs, you are able to experience both events.

Unidade01

Jul 2, 2017
Anyone has a quest list? This game really needs a journal of some kind.

My fear is the dev starting to believe this will be the next Skyrim, gets too ambitious and ends abandoning the game.

I´m still hoping some day he will finish ASD.

Other than that whishing all the best to the dev and this game

• Love

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Some more hints:

- Don’t hesitate to buy Elly the skimpy nighty. She pretends to be mad at you, but she will like it somehow.

- To kill the orc in the storage of the Inn, you should buy all the “strong healing potions” you can get (and save them for this fight). Before that fight, save the game, coz it seems that you have just this one chance to kill him (in the current version of the game).

- The perk “blunt” has some disadvantage: It forces the player to tell the truth, and nothing but the truth. This might lead to a break with Wendy (-50).

Unidade01

Jul 2, 2017
Rolo Can you tell me how to advance with Kelly an Elly

Elly i got to swim with her several times but nothing else and Kelly i got her to use a lighter dress during gardening, i geve scone every day but can make any progress

Apreciate any help you can give

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Hi Uni,
with Kelly there are some parallel quest paths, some have many steps. Meet her again and again.

I am not sure if it is necessary to be friend of this slimy Randy, but when you do (like I did once) you can corrupt Kelly a bit. When you decide to go with her to the lake, and take also Elly and Jonny with you, then you will see more content with Elly.

Reactions: Unidade01
4.30 star(s) 35 Votes