Jul 27, 2021
This game has a lot of positive points: an interesting story with humor, a nice gameplay, beautiful graphics, sexy and endearing characters, precision work (for example with the animation of the breasts), updates with a lot of content, etc. Runaway Princess is a unique and special game.

If Mobum doesn't have more patrons, it's only because the first subscription tier is $5 and as said before, not everyone is aware that the payment is by update, since patreon subscriptions are usually monthly.

Personally, Runaway Princess is one of the best adult games I've ever played, and I'm tired of seeing people complaining because it has avoidable NTR or some bugs that will eventually be fixed.
I am Sorry, if you get my post wrong, i like a lot about this game, BUT this game does not have just SOME bugs. I could list you right here right now easily 20+ gamebreaking bugs

I dont want the game to end, BUT i would like some debugging.
I am willing to talk to someone responsible to make a list of errors that i found to develope a strategie to fix them. The game will most certenly profit from it.

Reactions: Sedid

Sedid

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 27, 2018
I am Sorry, if you get my post wrong, i like a lot about this game, BUT this game does not have just SOME bugs. I could list you right here right now easily 20+ gamebreaking bugs

I dont want the game to end, BUT i would like some debugging.
I am willing to talk to someone responsible to make a list of errors that i found to develope a strategie to fix them. The game will most certenly profit from it.
Indeed, I didn't get the impression you liked this game with your last post.
If you want to help fix the bugs, that's great and both the developers and the players will be grateful.

Reactions: vendarr
Jul 27, 2021
Well i think i will openly post a list so that MABY the developer becomes aware of some mistakes:

I will post the Mistakes by apperance in the game/Story (as far as i remember them)

1. If you try to climb Gennis Tower, you sometime raise your acrobatic, problem is, it doesnt consume any time at all! If you have enought healing Potions, you can skill your acrobatics in a single (ingame) houre to the max.

2. The Key that you find in Gennis Box is a Story object, but has no purpose?

3. The Genni Quests say "... come there and there at that time to do the quest". But they always only work on the NEXT DAY, although the time might not have yet come that very day.

4. You can not sell alcoholic drinks. I found a lot in the game, saw no meaning in using them, but couldnt sell them eighter.

5. If you walk into the forest and perform a task at nighttime, the renders are all daytime renders.

6. At Midnight the forest becomes dangerouse?! So why is there no negative effect or enemy arround? Might even be nice to start some fighting before the journey.

7. At a certain point hunting in the forest did not raise my hunting stats anymore. I did a LOT of huntig, no change in stats after 18 or something. (I used the console to have more time)

8. Sometimes when i used the "Back" Button, the renders went backwards, but the time (clock) didnt. Sometimes even the gained stats didnt go back/vanish.

9. The Questlog is a bad joke. So much information are missing there.

10. Potions are way to heavy compared to other stuff, should be 0.1 instead of 1

11. Starting with the finding of the Prinzess, Elli sleeps in your bed. So why is there NOTHING you can do to her, although sharing the same bed?

12. The journey quest says "find a companion" why doesnt it say "find 1 companion"? That would clear the fact that you can only take 1 with you.

13. I decided to take Kelly with us, after i made her my girlfriend. Why is there 0 content with your girlfriend the whole journey? No kiss, touch, bathing, sleep together whatsoever?

14. Lots of times, when i started a fire while resting, it vanished when the main hero did something. Sometimes it burned till the end of the resting.

15. Whenever there is a "Meanwhile showing Elly" while resting, the Sleep is stopped and you are back on the journey screen, also the fire is gone and found water recources (river, pond) are gone/have to be found again.

16. When fighting, there is no formation. Unarmed heroes (for example Kelly and the Prinzess) are in the front row fighting bare handed?

17. Why doesnt the game tell you BEFORE the journey, that you might need extra weapons? Why is there no armor for sale before the journey?

18. The journey movement does not always work properly. For example, my dice shows a 6 but the hero performes only 4 jumps/movements.

19. "Kelly Part time job" at the Tailor starts with you talking to her in her room. If you do not follow the option to visit the tailor imidiately, the quest does NOT show again ever after! Then all the following content is unavailable.

20. But if you follow the conversation at night, then you find yourself at nighttime inside the empty tailors hause, ready to "steal" as much as you like. But still no story progression.

OK, thats my first 20, i have more, will post them later.

Sorry, i am a german native, i try my best english, but i myself recognise, that there is room for progress :)

Last edited:
Reactions: SunlessXre

SunlessXre

Oct 9, 2020
Not sure if these are issues or just me. A couple quests seem to be incompletable or bugged(when not specified in the log to be incompletable).

Phase I
Date with Kelly - At one point, I just stopped getting access to the lake Date options, and all the repeatable interactions stopped increasing her parameters.

Phase III(dewberry)
Kelly's part time job - the go to tailer action is repeatable, and the quest locks up after kelly "quits". Which leaves little options for increasing parameters(except using that exploit, which I did twice after the quest broke. Just so I could make any progress at all)

Beyond those 2. It seems most of the quests are hard to progress. With options appearing and disappearing willy nilly and at wrong times. scenes randomly being skipped/repeated, and sometimes the roll-back error screen.

You might for example, offer to train or hire valentine as a maid, and it will go blackscreen and skip the entire scene(no parameter gain or progress in quest), the event won't trigger(happens often with maid quests), and the dialogue disappears for many days for no discernible reason, re appearing(if ever) at inappropriate times.

Other examples are the brawler training with marina and her friend at 11am. You can train once, then they say they're busy every other Time with whatever project.

This issue with missing dialogue, characters not being where they said they will be with no follow-up to show it was an intentional design(such as dialogue acknowledging it), and events not firing is extremely common.

One of the last examples in my game(just finished), was Kelly claiming she will join me a 5 for mixed bathing. I turned up there at 5, skipped time, etc, but the event never happened, and now she refuses to go.

Learning magic for alruene took near on a week because the options simply wouldn't appear(I kept checking. It ended up being in the morning instead I'd night, and skipped the entire day!).

Another is marikas friend saying "return after dusk" or whatever for her second h scene, but it never being early/late enough.

That issue seems to plague I-III heavily.

The last issue, and this is a more personal one. There isnt alot of options for interaction with the characters. This becomes a problem when you've completed the couple available non repeatable events and aren't able to progress with the character because you can only ask what they are doing, for example.

It'd also hard to tell when you have completed all available events with a character or not during each phase.
For example. In the first phase, I tried to do all the events for Kelly, elly, alruene, marika, and Helen.
Elly and marika seemingly un romancable, although it seems hinted otherwise, and you can't seemingly properly romance Kelly either.
(After I did the available lake scenes, and was recognised as her boyfriend, both her and her brother didn't seem to acknowledge it when I hired her help on the adventure.)
With the only h scenes being with helen(probably the thief aswell, based on the dialogue. But I didn't really pursue that route.).

In general, it's really difficult to figure out what events are available, and who Is romancable. With some options, as stated above, randomly appearing without catalyst(is it based on pmnumber of days?). And others being unavailable, and with most characters being for all gameplay purposes, un interactive.

I get the games in early days. And I can see it is an adventure game/VN type affair, where you have to find the right "clues", or get the right "keys" to make game progress.(I'm really not a fan of that stuff. Especially when it feels obtuse, arbitrary and mechanical, rather than intuitive and natural.).

Examples in this game is being locked out of any progressive interaction with a given character unless you romance another one to unlock a given service. Now, unlocking a new related type of event for a character by opening a new avenue, service etc. Is fine.
But it's awkward to have to perform completely unrelated events to a character(especially when in relation to romancing some other character), to unlock the original characters main events(whether it's because its gated behind the irrelevant event itself, which I have seen in too many of these Games! or because there's actually no other way to increase the gated parameter to the set target.).

As it was for me playing. This was, what should have been a fun early development game. Boring and unsatisfying.
With me being forced to do events or interactions that weren't related to my character(breaking immersion and roleplaying), and with characters i wasn't really interested in for this playthrough. And for most of the days (I think I spent 20 or so in phase I alone, before accepting that there simply was no progress to be made there beyond gaining money.).
Searching through all the areas each hour for even a drip of progress, especially with the goals and characters I was interested in doing. This was really bad when repeatable events stopped netting any relationship points, and especially when options and events were missing. Which was really tedious.

Last issue. And thos was a bug. I performed an event in dewberry, and randomly skipped from 1-5pm, all the way to 8am, and was stripped of all my money. Forgot which event it was. But it in particular broke some other events permanently.
Forget the exact one(this was another of those events that would only appear at the wrong time.).

SunlessXre

Oct 9, 2020
I'll put this in a separate comment. I enjoyed the travel mechanic for what it was. But wish there was more romance and roleplaying available, rather than being a straight hack'n'slash affair with survival mechanics.

Maybe some more roleplay type events along the journey, and character interaction during down time.

Beyond that. Maybe give some exploration dungeons/areas to make the hack n slash and dungeon crawling part of travel more fun and something to look forward to, Aswell as adding more opportunities in the travel mode to flex and gain those skills and stats, by adding events/rooms/obstacles or unlockable events that require you to succeed with your skills.

A simple example may be unlocking a new character from a band of outlaws hiding in a small, partially collapsed, and abandoned old castle.
which could be achieved easily with lockpick/burglary.
fighting your way through and finding a key. trading or bribing the outlaws for the characters freedom. Convincing them to disband or turn on one another, intimidating them, challenging their leader to an honorable brawl, where winner takes the spoils(could cost you a companion! Honour optional), or even, just to show some inventiveness, using your loggin/woodworking skills to fell the door, and free the prisoner.
And each of these of course, effecting how your current companions see you.

Some other things. Maybe more opportunities to use and train your skills within towns. Both with repeatable actions or specific events. That felt really lacking in dewberry especially.

Opportunities to work with companions, and use their skills in towns and use their items.

More things to buy, and more ways to earn money. Maybe even with enough money, being able to invest in recurring income. E.g, renting out your dewberry house, helping an aspiring merchant by funding their opening bussiness(supplies, taxes, amenities, etc), for a set payout later, or for a cut of the profits.
Opening your own business and hiring out staff for revenue. Maids, brothels, bathhouses, construction/labour force, retail, mercenaries, whatever.

Well, I'll leave it there. Just spent past 2 days playing and finishing this, so I felt compelled to comment. Will probably check back in some months to see if some of the previous comment issues have been addressed.

SunlessXre

Oct 9, 2020
This game has a lot of positive points: an interesting story with humor, a nice gameplay, beautiful graphics, sexy and endearing characters, precision work (for example with the animation of the breasts), updates with a lot of content, etc. Runaway Princess is a unique and special game.

If Mobum doesn't have more patrons, it's only because the first subscription tier is $5 and as said before, not everyone is aware that the payment is by update, since patreon subscriptions are usually monthly.

Personally, Runaway Princess is one of the best adult games I've ever played, and I'm tired of seeing people complaining because it has avoidable NTR or some bugs that will eventually be fixed.
I personally feel alot of other h games on here achieve everything this one does but better.

Many romanceable characters, useful and impactful skill system, time and schedule based events, intuitive and interweaving adventure mechanics and event unlocking, dating sim mechanics, open sandbox gameplay, character dialogue and writing + character interactivity, lore and worldbuilding, etc.

This game seems to be early days though (v 0.3), so I guess we'll see what happens with it.
This game is very buggy in its current state, and awkwardly unintuitive. There's a lacking of feedback for what's available in the game. Alot of seemingly romanceable characters simply aren't. Alot of events are very buggy, or unintuitive to unlock. And the way some events are interweaved can be a bit awkward.

As the game fills out and continues. I'm sure these things will be improved

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Looking good there, dear. Are you the fresh cartridge for my printer?
Will love to pull those red handles into our throbbing reunion as soon as my ink will dry.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Monstrous Moonshine

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Well, I'd say such a feedback when it comes to bugs and mechanics is quite valuable. Don't agree with some opinions but it's worth analizing. Putting that aside I'm really hungry for some teaser. Pictures so far were really promising

Reactions: warbandit18

SunlessXre

Oct 9, 2020
Well, I'd say such a feedback when it comes to bugs and mechanics is quite valuable. Don't agree with some opinions but it's worth analizing. Putting that aside I'm really hungry for some teaser. Pictures so far were really promising
?

Sukebe_S

World's Slowest Amateur Game Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 27, 2019
Does anyone know when the new version will be released?
I think the last post said hopefully with-in a month.... I think
That's the plan. Mobum's working as fast as he can--writing, rendering, connecting RenPy threads--without sacrificing quality. There's definitely light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully within the next few weeks!

Prenkipo, your gif is hilarious, BTW! :love: :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Prenkipo

Mar 18, 2020
That's the plan. Mobum's working as fast as he can--writing, rendering, connecting RenPy threads--without sacrificing quality. There's definitely light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully within the next few weeks!

Prenkipo, your gif is hilarious, BTW! :love: :LOL::ROFLMAO:
:LOL: I'm very curious about the scene more than my gif either in upcoming version . Well, I'm actually excited.
And thanks for your info

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Well i think i will openly post a list so that MABY the developer becomes aware of some mistakes:
2. if you have key before final training then it has purpose.
4. alcohol is for consumption
7. stats cap atm prolly
10. well those are full potions
11. sex with her comes later when mc is back
12. companions = 2 or more, companion = 1
13. like when?
16. elf fights with magik (needs a lot resting or tons of mana potions for that to happen on all fights) and also she has dagger, kelly fights empty handed unless you equip something for her (you know you can check companions inventory and exchange items?)
17. kelly sells what she gets her hands on and either no armors or too pricy (and town has very little use for armors), it should be obvious (wasn't for me on 1st play) like stocking potions and food.
18. too tired is my guess
19. - 20. well that quest doesn't do much besides gives few kelly points.

Not sure if these are issues or just me. A couple quests seem to be incompletable or bugged(when not specified in the log to be incompletable).
some quests are short (like lake dates), same with training aka not unlimited.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Well .. dev is trying to finish yet another update and you should stop bickering about the little things.
We got babes for days ... tryin a make it in this crazy world of many dangers.
Stick to these babes and you should be golden!

4.30 star(s) 35 Votes