VN Ren'Py Abandoned Running Away [v0.8] [Mr. AJ]

3.40 star(s) 7 Votes

Nightless

Jan 13, 2018
I can't quite get on the hype-train, yeah Brooklyn is nice but the MC...
And yeah the "update" was really not worth downloading. I think I will get back here in a few Months and start again.
But still not a bad game, don't get me wrong.

Reactions: boraxkarloff

Mr. AJ

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2021
I can't quite get on the hype-train, yeah Brooklyn is nice but the MC...
And yeah the "update" was really not worth downloading. I think I will get back here in a few Months and start again.
But still not a bad game, don't get me wrong.
Hi, thanks for taking your time to play my game. I know there wasn't much content on this update but it's something I'll try to improve.
About the MC, what would you change? What would you improve? I'm fine with who he is so far, but maybe I could be mistaking. Thanks for the comment :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Gosamr and roxas503

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
When I started playing this update I thought: "Damn, I don't remember anything from this game. Better start again". So I started and got to the start of this update again still without knowing anything about what's going on. I still feel the same after finishing it. Am I really that dense? Go ahead, you can mock me.

Mr. AJ

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2021
When I started playing this update I thought: "Damn, I don't remember anything from this game. Better start again". So I started and got to the start of this update again still without knowing anything about what's going on. I still feel the same after finishing it. Am I really that dense? Go ahead, you can mock me.
I can't think in anything to mock you, so insert joke here.
But now for real; No, I don't think you are dense, hell even I play it from your perspective and it's hard, or almost impossible, to follow.
That's all my fault, the way I'm telling the story it's not conventional, but that's the way I want to tell it.
I would say, just play and enjoy. Don't think too much and just look at Brooke's feet, story will unfold with time. Thank you for keep playing my game, even when it's hard to keep up.

Last edited:

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
I can't think in anything to mock you, so insert joke here.
But now for real; No, I don't think you are dense, hell even I play it from your perspective it hard, or almost impossible, to follow.
That's all my fault, the way I'm telling the story it's not conventional, but that's the way I want to tell it.
I would say, just play and enjoy. Don't think too much and just look at Brooke's feet, story will unfold with time. Thank you for keep playing my game, even when it's hard to keep up.
Good to know.
Game is well polished graphically speaking is almost spotless. Story wise, I guess I'll have to wait. It's a bit hard cause I mostly interested in stories.

Now on another subject, what worries me here is the lack of tags. I can only hope it doesn't turn into a waste of my time when tags start to pop like mushrooms.

Thanks for your time and work.

Mr. AJ

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2021
Good to know.
Game is well polished graphically speaking is almost spotless. Story wise, I guess I'll have to wait. It's a bit hard cause I mostly interested in stories.

Now on another subject, what worries me here is the lack of tags. I can only hope it doesn't turn into a waste of my time when tags start to pop like mushrooms.

Thanks for your time and work.
I care a lot about the story too, but I'm more character driven than plot driven. Maybe that change my approach when writing.

I think I have to read a pdf of 30 pages to understand well this tags, there are many things I have to change such as images, overview and so. It's a lot of work but I want ro do it right one of these days.

Reactions: kartolas

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
I care a lot about the story too, but I'm more character driven than plot driven. Maybe that change my approach when writing.

I think I have to read a pdf of 30 pages to understand well this tags, there are many things I have to change such as images, overview and so. It's a lot of work but I want ro do it right one of these days.
I honestly like how we don't know too much about background and what the characters were doing before we met them. It's definitely fresh here and allows to avoid expositions. This way we can - if the story and dialogues will be well written - piece the plot by ourselves from what various characters say and do. I do have my ideas about the more general plot, but for once I enjoy being kept in the dark (and with Brooke).

Reactions: Mr. AJ

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Mr. AJ if you want potential players to get an idea of what the game looks like, I honestly think you should change the preview images in the OP. That's a terrible selection that doesn't do the game justice.

Now, time to check the update! :D

Reactions: Mister_M

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
I don't mind slow developing games, and do understand that many devs have real jobs, but this game is not even really past the introduction part of the game. I may come back once the actual story starts, and I do not mean merely when the sex scenes start, I mean, we don't even know what kind of job we are going to be doing... Or did I miss that part?

Mr. AJ

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2021
Mr. AJ if you want potential players to get an idea of what the game looks like, I honestly think you should change the preview images in the OP. That's a terrible selection that doesn't do the game justice.

Now, time to check the update! :D
Thanks for the advice, I wanted to update everything before this release was posted here, but simply got no time

Reactions: Aristos

Mr. AJ

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2021
I don't mind slow developing games, and do understand that many devs have real jobs, but this game is not even really past the introduction part of the game. I may come back once the actual story starts, and I do not mean merely when the sex scenes start, I mean, we don't even know what kind of job we are going to be doing... Or did I miss that part?
Thanks for your comment and for play my game.
I know the development is going slow, even slower than I originally thought, but I try to make my best, I don't to rush things and do something I won't like.
This doesn't mean I'm gonna take months for 3 minutes of playthrough, but I will try to make something I feel great to share.

Also, you didn't miss it. I haven't mentioned yet, I couldn't find a way to say without feeling odd. I'll try to show his work on the next release.
If you have more comments please feel free to share it.

Reactions: ILCjr

Freki.g

Jun 10, 2020
Reading the posts it seems to me that the project leaves the time it finds, that is, this game with little content after 8 months is still under review with a decidedly slow progress and with a story yet to be written and tags to be defined.
The dev will have its good reasons to proceed in this way, but, for me, it does not stimulate any interest in following it and I think for many others too.
No criticism of the dev or the game (also because I have not tried it), but it is difficult to think that a project managed in this way can obtain sufficient success, it seems to me more than anything else an experimental activity without interest in a result .
I hope I'm wrong maybe something changes, we'll see ...

Reactions: ILCjr

Mr. AJ

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2021
Reading the posts it seems to me that the project leaves the time it finds, that is, this game with little content after 8 months is still under review with a decidedly slow progress and with a story yet to be written and tags to be defined.
The dev will have its good reasons to proceed in this way, but, for me, it does not stimulate any interest in following it and I think for many others too.
No criticism of the dev or the game (also because I have not tried it), but it is difficult to think that a project managed in this way can obtain sufficient success, it seems to me more than anything else an experimental activity without interest in a result .
I hope I'm wrong maybe something changes, we'll see ...
You're wrong to think I got a reason for that :p

Now more serious... I don't know what I'm doing. Manage releases, tags, plot twist... All that seems foreign to me.
There's only two things I always keep on mind, I have to enjoy writing this game and I want you to enjoy my game, that's the whole purpose of this.
Still, I want to make more. But I don't know how to do it, so I'm always asking for pointers, maybe it's not the best but it's the best approach so far.
About my post on patreon, I wrote it like that because I was stubborn. I was working on one single event for more than a month and I always thought I could do it better.
It wasn't right, I have some patreons (few, but it's still amazing to have these guys) and I owned them.
I wanted to do it better, but they deserve to know what I was doing. I think I wanted to give them something to judge, so I made this release.
If they think it wasn't worth the wait, they would leave (Not that I wanted them to leave, but I would understand if they do) or they could keep supporting my work.
On short, I don't know what the hell I'm doing.
I love to work on this game, so I won't give up so easily.
If there is a walkthrough of how to be a developer, please share it, I need it ASAP.

I little long reply, but I thought it would be better if I said it.

Freki.g

Jun 10, 2020
If there is a walkthrough of how to be a developer, please share it, I need it ASAP.
Excuse me, but I do not understand several concepts you have expressed and certainly because English is an unknown language to me.
I answer something, in the hope that I have understood at least this answer of yours.
Granted that I am not a developer and I don't know development rules, but in my opinion, at least the story and tags of a game should be written before making the illustrative part of a game.
Evidently, even if I disagree, nothing prevents modifying it marginally during the project according to some indication of the supporters as long as the changes are manageable by the dev and do not damage the project.
I remain of the opinion that a project to obtain an appreciable success must be organized before its release also for what concerns the update and completion times which, moreover, will guarantee to earn the trust of the supporters and their interest in following the game and the developer.
Obviously, there are many other factors that facilitate success, other the story and the release schedule, namely: renderings, animations, environment, characters, music and in my opinion the most important thing: the conflicts that the story in one to the diversity of the characters (physical and mental) manages to trigger and that prepares and makes arousing sex scenes.
I don't know if anything will help you but, this remains my humble opinion.

NathanD7

Jun 30, 2018
Mr. AJ
I'm no developer, but I can say that you need to make a schedule first before anything. Get organized with your personal life, and fit this game development in your schedule where it would make sense. As of right now, from what I can see, you are selling sketches instead of finished artwork so to speak.
Once you have found where you can place the development in your daily life schedule, work on the script,story,writing of the game you have in mind. When you're satisfied with what you have written down, you can start the scene creation and render work. Then move on to the coding part. You're one person working on this in your spare time I'm guessing, so you can't do everything at once. When all of that's been done, you move on to bug testing, and releasing the slice of content you've been working on. I'm also guessing that that's what you're trying to accomplish.
Now If you want to make your work successful and make money, you need to know how to market it. F95 and Patreon are sites where that can be done, but each has their complications. F95 usually needs good previews/renders, tags that people might be interested in, and a good overview of what the game will be about. This will get people to check your work out, and likely share it on other threads, or even support you on Patreon. Patreon is different, because you're actively selling you work, and advertising it in a sea of other content creators who do the same thing or better than you.

Learn how to make a good and well rounded product first before selling it, unless you want to become a milker like the lazy devs out there. In the end this is just my two cents and advice to you. Do whatever you want with it.

Mr. AJ

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2021
Thank you both for your reply and advice, this same issue have been on my mind for quite some time now, but it's finally time I take some approach to solve it.
I will take in account what you said to improve.
Thank you both, I appreciate the advice

Freki.g

Jun 10, 2020
[UTENTE=3894488]Sig. AJ[/UTENTE]
Non sono uno sviluppatore, ma posso dire che devi fare un programma prima di ogni cosa. Organizzati con la tua vita personale e inserisci questo sviluppo del gioco nel tuo programma dove avrebbe senso. A partire da ora, da quello che posso vedere, stai vendendo schizzi invece di opere d'arte finite per così dire.
Once you have found where you can place the development in your daily life schedule, work on the script,story,writing of the game you have in mind. When you're satisfied with what you have written down, you can start the scene creation and render work. Then move on to the coding part. You're one person working on this in your spare time I'm guessing, so you can't do everything at once. When all of that's been done, you move on to bug testing, and releasing the slice of content you've been working on. I'm also guessing that that's what you're trying to accomplish.
Now If you want to make your work successful and make money, you need to know how to market it. F95 and Patreon are sites where that can be done, but each has their complications. F95 usually needs good previews/renders, tags that people might be interested in, and a good overview of what the game will be about. This will get people to check your work out, and likely share it on other threads, or even support you on Patreon. Patreon is different, because you're actively selling you work, and advertising it in a sea of other content creators who do the same thing or better than you.

Learn how to make a good and well rounded product first before selling it, unless you want to become a milker like the lazy devs out there. In the end this is just my two cents and advice to you. Do whatever you want with it.
This seems to me an even better opinion than mine where the dev could fetch useful and meaningful information.

3.40 star(s) 7 Votes